October 24, 2014 | 1625 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

At first I was dissapointed with these!

I brought the shade Whoppin' Watermelon on a whim and I was expected it to be a lot more pigmented but I think now I understand the purpose of these!

After a while I found myself reaching for the pink shade a lot on days where I didn't want to bother with lining my lips or lipsticks but still wanted a bit of colour and moisture and the chubby sticks are perfect for that!

I expected these to be similar to other lip crayons I have tried but I don't think these are supposed to replace a lipstick, I think they're just meant as a really lovely, sheer tinted lip balm type thing - although I have to say I have purchased some brighter colours and the colour pay off with them have been excellent!

These don't have the best staying power and do seem to fade after a couple of bites of food or a drink but because they are so moisturising and fool proof to apply you can top up again, again and again without worrying about your lips drying!

Now the Autumn and Winter months have arrived I am loving the shade '08 Grandest Grape' which is a rich purple colour! The pigmentation in this shade is phenumonel and it is definitely my new favourite go to lip product (in this shade anyways)!

I would purchase a chubby stick again although I think I'm still looking to try out a couple different shades and find my HG shades from the collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very moist, it looks natural on my lips and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have not reviewed these lip balms yet because I have been using three of them and I have noticed that they have a slightly different consistency and opacity.

I have Graped up, a nice mauvey berry beige with imperceptable shimmer which is very creamy and has a good coverage for a balm. On fairy skin it can look quite dark and sultry, on mediuml/dark skin it has more a nude. I also have Volouptuos Violet (VV) which on the lips is a beautyful transparent berry colour, like a cooler version of the famous Black Honey tand it looks great on pale and on tanned skin. And I have Woppin Watermelon (WW) which is a semitransparent creamy pink with a blue undertone and depending on how much I apply it can look very natural, almost nude, or a bit more polished in the 60thies kind of look.

They are all very emollient, WW being my favourite in terms of versatility and hydration, and keep my lips moisturized and plump also hours after they fade off, leaving a hue of colour. They are not sticky and shining like glosses but like real balms. For this reason I also love to apply WW and VV under or over my lipsticks to make them more emollient, especially the long lasting ones.

Because they are made with natural oils and butters they are not addictive and drying in the long terms like many other lip products with mineral oil (yes I mean you Clarins Natural Lip perfector!) and the only thing that makes me addicted is the ease and the pleasure to apply them. Once I forgot Woppin Watemelon in the office over the weekend and I almost freaked out! I'm sure I'm going to try many more colours in the cool range.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I have this in 10 Bountiful Blush. It is almost exactly the colour of my lips, so I don't get a lot of colour from it but it just makes my face look a little more "pulled together". It's nice, as I don't really wear lipstick a lot (they tend to dry out my lips). This chubby stick is not drying, though I don't find it moisturising either. I do use a bit of proper lip balm underneath. Sometimes I top with gloss (BB Bare Sparkle). All in all, I think it's a nice product, not overwhelmingly wonderful. I would like to try another brighter colour though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Didn't like this one :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love lipsticks and each lipstick after 4 hours or earlier need a little touch up.
That is why I love these chubby sticks. I dont wear nudes, I wear strong colours and when it starts to fade away in the middle of the lip its not very attractive, also many of them are a little drying.
I own 16 voluptuous violet right now, which goes amazingly well over Tom Ford Black Orchid. It makes it looks more fresh, make it feel more comfrotable and adds the colour as well.
It looks amazing on its own as well, its great after gym, so easy and freshens up the face. It looks cute too :D
I dont see any minuses, its compact, easy to apply without mirror, nice pigmentation, nice moisture (not too much, its not a treatment). Its really all I expected and I wanted. I carry it always with me in the bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by happygirl14

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my wow! I was not expecting to love this product. I am not a huge fan of lip balms or lip crayons but I bought Roomiest Rose and the color is intense and gorgeous! A true deep rose color and my lips feel incredible and soft. Glides on nicely and can apply with great control. There is a tiny bit of shimmer which is nice and the ingredients are good for your lips. I will be purchasing more colors definitely! I may never use a regular lipstick again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this lipstick! Im on my 3rd one, i buy the hot pink peony one and not only is the color true but it does not dry out your lips like alot of lipsticks! worth the money, however if your looking for long wear this isnt it... you will have to reapply through out the day !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by sonianala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Slides naturally on my lips and blends naturally with my lip colour. It enhances my natural lip color like a color enhanced lip balm. Much more reliable and safe than lip stick. Also easy to apply without a mirror. The only down side is I need to apply it a couple times a day. Great for work but not for weddings etc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I was gifted this product in "A Whole Lotta Honey" (a browny nude) by a friend, so I can't speak for the price. That being said, I am definitely hopping on to the Chubby Stick bandwagon!

The packaging is simple but functional, and I love that you just twist the bottom to dispense more product. The bullet is thick and sturdy, so you don't have to worry about it breaking if you twist up too much!. The color is a smooth, perfectly MLBB color on my NC25 skin and it always makes me look "put together" without looking obvious. It evens out my lip tone and can be applied without a mirror since it's so sheer. Once it's on, it feels like a balm and (unfortunately) only lasts as long as you'd expect a balm to last, so you need to reapply often. It's definitely not as long-lasting as most lipsticks.

The major reason why I took off a lippie was because the cap kept coming off in my purse. There doesn't seem to be a way to keep it on more securely, so I just have to store it upright (with the cap up) and make sure to check on it every now and then.

NOTE: They do have kind of a distinct plastic-y scent, so avoid if you really can't stand that.