September 1, 2014 | 1747 users online

Shampoo - Revlon - Flex Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by dbdodson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for my flex shampoo and conditioner for a while. I don't understand why stores don't carry this product. It is great, I have been trying to find a great shampoo and conditioner since. Have had no luck, found it online and bought both. Happy person now that I have it. Will get rid of the other shampoo and conditioner:):)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Jubilee

Oh, Flex. There are so many things i want to say. First of all, I love the smell. My dad used to use this, so it reminds me of him. I just wish the scent would have lingered in my hair longer. I bought a 15 oz bottle and it took me well over a year to use up, so it's definitely a good value. But my hair gets super sweaty and dirty in my job, and I didn't feel like it did a good enough job of cutting through it. Not only that, it was extremely drying. Between the conditioners I was using (that weren't doing enough) and this, my ends would split like nobody's business. So alas, poor Flex. I wanted to love you, but it wasn't meant to be. I'll give you 3 lippies, because you're not the worst I've ever used, but you're far from the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by lisa369

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this shampoo and have used it since I was a little girl. I went on a quest after they discontinued it here because I know they still make it in some countries. Now I find it at anythingindian.biz . I order a few at a time so I don't run out. I hope they never stop making this!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Flex shampoo is a staple with a lot of motels/hotels because its so cheap. I've only used this when on vacation somewhere and I forgot to bring my own shampoo. It dries out my hair and the scent is horrible!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to bring down the rating but I think I might have been allergic to one of its ingridients coz I used this shampoo for the first time, my hair went to an island where its never before and never will be there(Thank Goodness for that). The moment I took my hair out of the towel after using Flex, my hair was a total mess. It had got tangled to an extent that I couldnt think of detangling it with a comb. I dreaded it. Withing 15 min of shower, I again hustled back to the bathroom and shampooed again with a differnt shampoo. My hair got better to an extent. It took one week for me to bring my hair back to normal

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by poppy0154

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, but I cant buy it anymore I think it was discontinued but for the life of me cant figure out why.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by toobaaapi

you people will be surprized to hear, it worked exactly the same on my hair as sunsilk co-creation mustard oil shampoo. exactly the same!!!!! if sunsilk mustard oil shampoo suits your hair, this will do nothing new. its a little dilute in consistency than sunsilk, but they give more amount of shampoo for the same price so that equals them both. its not bad, but i guess my hopes were too high.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 8:48:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this shampoo! My favorite is the Ultra Clean one. It makes my hair full, soft, shiny and very clean. No build up & it does not seem to dry it out either. The smell is the best part, it reminds me of the 80s when I was a teenager & used to use this often. A huge bottle of this normally cost under $2, though this is getting harder & harder to find since it's been discontinued (yikes!). A couple of alternative's for those who don't like the scent of mainstream shampoos are Nature's Gate Herbal Shampoo, which has a spicy smell, or Aubrey Organics GPB Protein, which is also a balsam and protein shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by kalihi1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saw this at Big Lots for a $1.20 and had to purchase it. The scent is all about the 80's. Love the smell. I had to give it 5 lippies, even though it's not the best shampoo and it's really drying if you use it everyday, but I just L-O-V-E the scent, it brings me back. I use it as my once a week clarifying shampoo and it works fine for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by polly1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this smell, I would use it as a perfume, a body lotion a shower gel .

Of all the different versions I think I like the volumising one the best , which I think is the same as the original balsam and protein formula.
They have messed around renaming repackaging and relaunching this shampoo so many times no wonder they think it is a failing product .

After not seeing it in shops for almost 10 years ( though the occasional tacky littlemarket stall has it) I recently found a bottle in a Pound Shop , that gave me a clue that it was discontinued .
The packaging was totally different ( the smell is just as dreamy though ) and the writing appeared to be Hungarian.

I asked the man behind the counter and he said whenever he gets his stock it goes out in days and some people stockpile it .
Another classic is about to become extinct due to Revlon's foolish business plans. I have just joined the Facebook group " Bring back Flex shampoo " it might not make a difference but I will sleep easier at night knowing I tried.