July 29, 2014 | 1972 users online

Treatments (Face) - Alpha Hydrox - Retinol Night ResQ

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by neptunesglow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nothing like it for skin firming and the price is amazingly reasonable. Buy it at the Neoteric site for the best deals. Neoteric is the company name; Alpha Hydroxy is the product line name. I stocked up on a buy two get one free deal they run every so often.
I dab some under my eyes too. Used a very tiny amount to test and wow, nothing has ever, ever, ever firmed up that area so fast. I do give the skin there a rest about every 3rd night and apply a regular eye cream. I use it on the rest of my face too. It's my regular night cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin decided to start aging early. No matter how much water I drank, no matter how healthily I ate, no matter how well I protected my skin from the sun. I started noticing the "11's" between my brows when I was only 21. By the time I was 24, my under-eye skin was crepey with not-so-fine lines, I had laugh lines, and the lines on my forehead were visible from several feet away. I have never been one to yearn for unrealistically-youthful skin as I get older, but to have all of that happen to my skin when I was only in my early-mid 20's was quite bothersome.
I tried products recommended by my dermatologist, but none of them worked nearly as well as this ResQ at smoothing out my skin texture. I have read that retinol is the best ingredient to look for in anti-aging products. I started with using it only under my eyes (every 2-3 nights), as that was the area that was the worst. In about a week, I saw great results. It helped with the other problem areas on my face as well. It is not quite a miracle cure for me, but it works much better than anything else I have tried, and I continue to use it every other night, applied on clean/dry skin, followed by my moisturizer a few minutes later.

In regards to it's use for acne: I do not get acne very often at all, but it has seemed to help increase the recovery time whenever I do get a pimple here and there. I've had some disappear in only 2 days. It also helps with any leftover scarring.

One downside is that my skin seems to rapidly deteriorate whenever I stop using it to experiment with some other anti-aging product. But none of them have worked as well as this, and I will definitely continue to use it, until (or if) I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kittykatty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product was a complete nightmare. I do not have sensitive skin but this broke me out. I waited for 5 months for the "purging period" to stop. horrible horrible product. I am using Paula's Choice BHA resist weightless body treatment to help me get rid of the acne ( although it says body it is gentle enough for my face). That combined with Aztec Healing clay + Braggs apple cider vinegar mask is slowly bringing my skin back to normal.
You have been warned!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by puta1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product! It has worked wonders on my combo, acne-prone skin. I have definitely noticed a reduction in pore size and my acne is clearing up. Also, my skin is a lot more glowy. I have been using the product for about a week. I am so surprised it works so well, and so quickly to boot.

I apply it on top of moisturizer at night. In the morning, I wash my face and apply moisturizer and sunscreen. Being diligent about this helps, as the product is strong.

The packaging is nice, a metal-ish tube that doesn't allow a ton of oxygen to get to the product.

The price is amazing for something that works so well, I got mine for ~$12 on sale from drugstore.com. This will definitely be a staple in my skincare routine if it continues to work!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by kathyfff

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used Philosophy Help Me at night for years. On a suggestion by a friend, I tried the ResQ. I purchased 2 tubes for the price of one Philosophy. This wins hands down. It is not as thick, so one tube goes along way. I can see and feel the difference in one week. The only problem I had was I could not find it any stores, I had to order online. I purchased it from the Dermstore and it took 3 weeks for delivery. I will buy again, just from somewhere else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Iweartoomucheyeliner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Not a miracle but definately noticed a difference in ance flareups. I was hoping it would be stronger. Overall great product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Tuskygirl

This stuff is amazing!! Rather skeptical with the entire product range at first but after using this in conjunction with the 12% soufflé during the day, my skin looks better than when was in my teens! Affordable and if works, need I say more. Given its price you don't really gave anything to lose. Just wish it was readily available in the UK other than on ebay and amazon.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have tried many times to make this retinol treatment work for me. At first, I would try it once or twice a week to "harden" my skin to the retinol. I also used Alpha Hydrox 12% Souffle on the nights that I didn't use the retinol. Inevitably, each time, I would end up with a scaley and cracked complexion...complete with some lovely chemical burns on my upper cheeks. Of course, I swore off any retinol and hid the tube for a couple months. I went through this same process at least twice because I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong. I mean, the reviews on this stuff are stellar! **FINALLY** I figured out how to make this retinol treatment give me the complexion that I have always wanted! I have been applying the retinol every other night for a couple months without a problem. The difference is that I make sure I completely wash it off in the morning and then apply my moisturizer. I also do not use the Alpha Hydrox Souffle at all anymore (gasp!). My skin absolutely glows now. I really think using this treatment with AHA's is just too much harshness for my sensitive skin. And if I leave the Retinol on over night and don't wash it off in the morning, it will dry my skin out to the point of peeling and cracking. And MOISTURIZE daily! Don't give up if you think this product won't work for you. My lines and skin tone have smoothed out dramatically in the past couple months. But you HAVE TO baby your skin while using this treatment.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I just started using this a few days ago as I want to include retinols in my skincare lineup. Before I take the plunge with a prescription I decided to go the drugstore route. I experienced a few bumps that popped up after the first night but thats to be expected. After application I wait a few minutes before I apply my moisturizer (Clinique Moisture Surge Mask) and the next day my pores look nonexistent. I use only every other night in rotation with my ReVive Moisture Renewal Cream. Look forward to seeing the long term effects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Years ago, Alpha Hydrox products were readily available in grocery stores here in Canada (just as they were in the US, something which featured in their tv ads - no fancy department stores and easy to purchase). But in recent years, the only way to purchase their products was online and I wasn't crazy for their shipping charges. But I got my husband to pick up a tube of this for me at ULTA when he was in the US and I've started using it again religiously every night. It has only been 2 or 3 weeks but I can see such a marked difference in my skin already - improved smoothness, lines look less pronounced and the clarity of my skin seems so much improved. I am actually quite surprised. The instruction say not to use this on your eye lids but I do apply it to the crows feet/smile lines under my eyes and they are less and less visible. I follow the instructions and use a moisturizer over this (my night time moisturizer and an eye cream) and I am thrilled with the results. I'm going to the US in June and will most certainly purchase 2 or 3 more tubes of this product. For me, it's a total winner! I am delighted with the results.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No