July 23, 2014 | 1790 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This stuff works! You know how I know? Use this, wipe it off, and then take any makeup remover towelette and go over your face once again. There is little to no residue left on the towel as opposed to all the makeup that remains after using a regular makeup removing cleanser.

However, I do have to knock off a couple stars. I'm not a huge fan of dipping my fingers into the tub because it is quite unhygienic. I'm also not too keen on the smell or the fact this product contains mineral oil. I regret buying this not because it sucks but because I've decided to switch over to organic skincare. I'll probably use this one up but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

I love ponds cold cream :D !!!

First off, the texture! At the moment I am using albolene and I must say I really miss the texture of the ponds. It's very creamy but not gross and greasy. Although its not as heavy as albolene i find that it is much more effective at removing my makeup.

Although the texture is amazing, i must say I hate that the scent is so prominent in this. It has never bothered my skin, however when it gets into my eyes it stings really bad :(

Over all this is a nice product and will most likely repurchase it after I finish my huge tub of albolene, however if you are sensitive to scents, stay away!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been really interested in a cream makeup remover that I can use on my eyes, I am tired of pulling and tugging and rubbing at my eye area with wipes and liquid remover-soaked cotton. I bought this at the drugstore on a whim, so far:

Pros:
- affordable
- effectively removes even my waterproof eye makeup.
- leaves the skin around my eyes feeling very soft and clean.
- not drying and not too oily residue (though I follow up with Cetaphil cleanser to remove any excess)

Cons:
- actually stings my eyes pretty uncomfortably if even a tiny bit gets past my closed eyelids
- clouds my vision for a little while after cleansing

I don't know if I'll buy this one again because I'm not super in love. I wanted it particularly for my eye area and it can be irritating. Reviewers here like it as an all-over cleanser, I think I'll try it tonight and see how it does with my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by sweetxsour35

I checked the reviews on this before I bought it and I can honestly say that people with oily skin shouldn't be afraid of this product. I have acne and the medication I use can be so harsh that my normally oily skin becomes flaky with a sheen on top of it, not a good look. After one use, my skin was baby soft. This is a cleanser, but it's a moisturizer too. Now I can actually use my acne meds without feeling like I'm destroying my skin. It's also great at removing makeup. Even after using a cleansing wipe, this really gets the rest of the makeup out. The paper towel that I wiped my face with after turned out yellow! Great cleanser that's powerful and still gentle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ponds Cold Cream has been around forever because it's good and it works. This is what my grandmother always used. She's the one who told me never to use soap or anything that foams on my face. Guess what? She was right! Although I finally learned not to use foaming cleansers, it's only recently that I've started using cold cream. I use it at night to take off my makeup, and it works like a dream. Personally, I prefer Avon's Care Soothing Cold Cream Cleanser. However, I've also tried Ponds, and it's very good too. The Ponds isn't as silky and it smells a bit stronger. It's also more expensive. Ponds retails for about $8.00 dollars a jar. Retail does vary though, and if you shop around I'm sure you can get better deals. One nice thing about Ponds is that it's sold everywhere.

I use Ponds just like I use any other cold cream. First, I apply a cherry sized dallop to dry skin and gently massage into my skin in an upward motion. Although the directions always say to apply generously, I find this is more than enough to remove all the grime and makeup from the day. Second, I like to let the cold cream sit for a minute or two to absorb and lift off the grime and/or makeup. Third, I gently wipe away the cream with a cleansing wipe or wash cloth. (FYI: I read somewhere that you should never use tissues because they can leave wood pulp in the skin. I don't know if this is true or not, but I'm not taking any chances!) Finally, I freshen the skin with a little toner or witch hazel. Then you can moisturize if neccessary. However, you might find that the skin is moist enough and just requires eye cream.
I was really worried at first that cold cream would upset my sensitive combination skin, but actually my skin has never looked better, In the morning I use some blotting tissues to remove excess oil. Then I wash with a NON FOAMING cleansing cream or lotion. Personally, unless you have extremely dry skin, I think Ponds or any other cold cream in the morning might be over kill.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cold cream made me break out badly. My method was to rub on for one minute, put a hot towel on and then wipe off, and then use a mild soap after that. I think some skins just can't tolerate mineral oil even if it's only on for just a moment. Oh well, at least it was fun for me to try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Lapiz

I picked up cold cream after seeing a movie with Ingrid Bergman in which she dotted her face with it to take off her makeup. If a woman with such flawless and beautiful skin swore by cold cream, then thatís good enough for me!
I've been using cold cream as a cleanser for about 6 months or more and it's made my skin so healthy and beautiful. But you HAVE to use it the right way! Cold cream must be applied on dry skin with dry fingers. I take a little penny-sized dollop out with a plastic spatula and dot my forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, and neck. And then for about 2-3 minutes I just enjoy massaging it into my skin. The cream becomes clear and has an oily consistency; sometimes I can actually feel little clogged particles being loosened from my skin. And then I take a soft tissue and wipe it off gently. Afterward, I cleanse with a cleanser and voila! Gorgeous results. I use it twice a day and love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was previously using Dove's Deep Cleanser which is identical to Pond's Cold Cream!
Ponds in Australia is found at Chemist Warehouse for roughly $5 for the small tub or $8 for the gigantic tub of 269grams. The Dove is found in Priceline for $10. Sometimes Ponds is hard to find, I just buy Dove.

I had difficulties using cold cream at first. I could never remove the greasy film it left on my skin. This stuff doesn't wash off. I'm not a fan of having to use a fabric/cloth to wipe it off either. I tried, the make up stains on the cloth were a pain to remove! Plus using the same cloth regularly? Bacteria. No thanks.

This is how I get it to work for me.
Make sure your face and hands are dry.
1. Dot a thumb size amount on cheeks, tip of nose, forehead and chin.
2. Start rubbing the thick, white cream into your skin, all over your face. It will start off feeling viscous but keep working it in. After 4 mins or so, the cream will thin out into a clear oil film. Your make up should be emulsified by now by this film of oil. Your face is no longer white, but a shiny, oil slick.
3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.
Leave your face as is. Wet your hands. Put a 2cm dollop size of St Ives Green tea scrub. Rub your hands together and then massage the product all over your face for a minute or so, breaking down the oil.
Wash face with luke warm water.
4. Tone with cotton pad and Witch Hazel.
I. AM. OFFICIALLY. PIMPLE. FREE.

I have been using this technique ever since I accidentally stumbled upon it - a year. Goodness, gone are the days when my T-zone was an oil slick. My make up lasts much longer now. My skin is even, I use less make up. I'm so so so happy. I told the dermatologist about Ponds cold cream and she says it makes sense.. Using oil to combat oil. Ponds draws out the excess oils and impurities from your skin. At first, you may experience some break outs but keep persisting. It's the product working. The eczema around my lips and eyelids are gone also. But my biggest insecurities have always been my massive pores. ON MY NOSE. The white heads and blackheads were filthy. Using Ponds, I could feel... the whiteheads coming out when massaged the oil over my nose. Now it's much much better!

Essentially this technique is called oil cleansing. When done correctly, it can work miracles. Just make sure you remove the oils!

I hope this helps someone :) I promise you'll see results after 2 weeks!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great eye makeup remover. Dissolves everything instantly. No tugging, no drying. Leaves my sensitive eye area feeling hydrated.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by SUGAJAY

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started wearing make up about 4 days a week but would remove it with warm wash cloths. I felt that wasn't good enough and that I should buy a remover then use a wash cloth after. So I began my hunt..

I'm having mixed emotions with this product. Usually before I buy or try any new product, I read several reviews from various sources then make my own decision. 85% of what i read about this was great especially for my skin type so I bought it. I did like that it was a cream but I didn't like the container it came in because I had to dip my hands/thumb in it. I applied it then used a warm cloth to remove as it instructed. I didn't like the smell but I figured since it left my skin feeling so soft and smooth it was ok. I went to bed happy. I woke up to find streaks of my foundation on my pillow. I still used it the following night, rubbed and wiped my face more thoroughly but used a towel to dry my face and STILL found make up on my face. The next day I woke up to a few small breakouts but I figured it was because I'm starting a new product that my skin isn't used to yet. I really didn't want to give up so on the third night I applied a little more cream which was even worse because not only was it even harder to remove but my skin felt sooo greasy. I had to use a toner to try and get it all completely off.

I don't want to give up on this product but I use it twice a week. I plan to use it until it's all finished but as of right now I really am not too impressed but it's only been a month so I'm not too sure if I should just give up on it. Also it does leave my face feeling smooth the next morning but who knows if its just left over product, my toner or a combination of the two :S

...still looking for a great cleaner/make up remover

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No