April 18, 2014 | 1375 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Vetyver

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2004 7:33:00 PM More reviews by searl99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this scent -- on myself for a nighttime scent but I liked it even better on my boyfriend! Even the potpourri smelled great! Too bad it was only seasonal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2003 3:26:00 AM More reviews by JessicaLuvsPez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very manly, aggressive manly. Not comforting, sensual, romantic, sexy, flirty, floral, fun or any of the things that women like their perfumes to smell like or remind them of.

I really couldn't get into it. I was going to give it to my boyfriend but then I realized no way would I want that smell around me so I sold it on ebay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2003 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this but it went horribly wrong on me..Smelled very medicinal.Like a muscle rub cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2003 9:21:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

So far so good w/ the spray. I tend to like grassy fragrances and this one is mixed w/ spice. Okay, i can see how it's unisex, i wish it were a tad more feminine, but that just makes me want to try other companies vetyver scents. The initial scent is nicer than the dry down, it's the dry down that is masculine. And the scent lasts. I'm gonna spray some Demeter Cucumber over it, see if i can keep the dry down from annoying me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by peeblo

I tested this with lotion and spray. I thought for sure I would like it since I like both spicy and grassy scents. However, as much as I wanted to like it, I can't get the idea out of my head that it smells like my husband's deodorant!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2003 11:55:00 PM More reviews by AlisaG

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this yesterday and I am loving it ! At first spritz, it does have a masculine bend to it, but after dry-down it's alluring and could definitely be classified as "unisex". It's something different for me, as I tend to gravitate towards fruity or floral fragrances.
I wouldn't mind if hubby borrowed this, but I dare say I'd be nuzzling him non-stop if he did! *grin*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Chandler5

Nice packaging. Have to comment that BBW's new look is much more streamlined, I like. On to the review of Vetyver - I tried this in all of the product testers they had in the store. It's listed as a Spring 2003 limited run, but the sales associate told me if it does well it could be promoted to a more permanent position. The scent is 'Vetyver,' which I take it is a play on vetiver, the true name of (vetiveria zizanoides), a herbal, woody-scented grass that grows on tropical islands. Vetiver essential oil has a smoky, deep green aroma. Vetyver, on the other hand, is more of a fresh, herbal, light and minty fragrance. The topnote reminds me of Yankee Candle's Starry Night (pine, herbs and peppermint) and then the fragrance mellows out to a basil/rosemary herbal softness with a touch of sweetness and sandalwood. It is a nice scent for spring. I have a feeling if it gets promoted it'll bunt Green Clover and Aloe out of the permanent lineup... but it's a decent fragrance. Not supremely wonderful though, so only 4 'lipsticks.'