November 26, 2014 | 928 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Shy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sunski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this FWP and did not think I would like it at all -- it's very plummy looking in the tube. But it turns out it's a sheer mauve and I love it! I'm usually someone who wears tinted lip balm and my HG is Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Fig, but this may be my new HG. It seems to stay on my lips longer and feels more moist than Burt's.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is so pretty and moisturizing. I am never disappointed with the texture of their different lipsticks. It looks like a dark plumish pink color in the tube but comes out as a pretty pink color. The more you apply the darker it is. On my pale pink lips it's looks very pretty :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I really like this particular shade but it has very little staying power compared to my other lipsticks. I have a load of other mauve-y shades so I wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda

Oh me oh my. What a wonderful shade. I imagine this would look great on any skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was a GWP. I was hesitant to choose this color or the lighter shimmery pink they offered but the SA showed me how sheer it is so I decided to get this one. Since I'm older I don't care to wear dark reds like I used to and pinks sometimes look a bit juvenile on me. I just wore it today and love it! It's a lovely sheer plum red/pink, it give my lips just a hint of color and it's very flattering for my medium w/yellow undertone skin. I've had it on for about eight hours now, no retouching and it still feels moist. (Okay, I'm crazy careful about how I eat and drink so I don't have to redo my lips)

I would definitely re-purchase this one again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by fuchsiaheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my #1 HG lipstick, and whaddaya know--it's the first Clinique lipstick I ever bought in 8th grade! I think it was something about the cute name "Shy" that initially drew me in, but when I brought this beauty home, I was happy to discover the shade looked lovely with my skintone and grey-green eyes. On me it's a muted, sheer berry. I love that it's so easy to wear. I also love that it is softly glossy with no shimmer--polished yet natural. The packaging is pretty. All-around a great lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in a GWP. Very nice pink nude shade on my DDD pigmented lips. I do not need a mirror to apply this and that is a big plus for me. I am not very particular abt lipstick..I concentrate more on the face and blush :)
I am unsure if I will repurchase since I only use drugstore brands for lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this lipstick as a free sample and I really like it. The color is very flattering, I am a redhead and very pale, and it is non-drying. I also like that it can be layered so that you can either have a very subtle hint of color or a more bold look. It is one of the few lip colors that I feel I can wear equally in the summer and winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty sheer pinkish-plum color, a bit brighter and ‘pinker’ than descriptions and online swatches led me to believe. I am not sure if it’s the holy grail MLBB lip color I’ve been searching for (for the last 10 years!), but it has the potential to be. I like the formula; its sheer enough to apply without a mirror, but buildable if I apply, blot, and reapply. The staying power is average, about 2 hrs, and it feels comfortable on my lips. Its creamy (no shimmer) with a moist (not glossy) finish. It does seem to whiten my teeth and brighten my face, and while I’d classify it as a ‘cooler’ shade, it seems to go well with any makeup tones I’m wearing. Its an easy to wear color, in an easy to wear formula. I am fickle with lip products, but this one’s a ‘keeper’!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the shy lipstick on one end and mystic lipgloss on the other. (2 in one applicator). It's called gloss longtemps SPF 15. I love the color of 76 shy lipstick, as it is moisturizing and beautiful rose shade. The gloss on the other end (mystic) is too dark to wear over the light rose shade because it is a burgundy color on. Both pretty shades, just can't be worn together which defeats the whole purpose.