April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Foundations - Dermablend - Leg Cover

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by gamahocha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't really deliver what it advertises but it works in making my stretch marks less visible and lasts even when swimming. It takes a while to apply and is quite expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not 100% sure I've got the right product review, but I'm going to write it on here anyway.

I bought the Leg and Body cover from Ulta for a little under $40.

It's the only foundation that actually matches my skin tone. I'm very fair and I bought it in the lightest shade. I use this on my face mostly. Yes, I know it says Leg and Body, but it works brilliantly on my face. It's non-acnegenic and non-comedogenic so it doesn't make me breakout.

I mix it with sunscreen during the day, but if I apply it directly to my skin, it lasts much longer.

I have strech marks caused by puberty (which happend more than a decade ago) and this foundation does a great job at making the marks less noticable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My sister suffer from varicose veins on her legs since early adolescence and bought this for the beach. I have a nasty scar on my knee from a childhood accident that I wanted to cover, so we tried this together on our annual summer vacation at the shore. This product, like the concealer, is not meant to be dabbed on, rubbed in and forget it. You definitely need a makeup brush if you want it half-way decently covered and you need to take your time with application. Didn't have the time or the patience, so we just slapped on and let it dry. Looked ok from afar, but cakey and orangey close-up. The match was not good either. This line has HG potential if you are simply looking for full coverage and if you had nothing but time to applying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by jemholder

Honestly, it works for me. Sometimes when my exczema flares up, or I have an itchy patch of red dry skin, this is my HG cover-up makeup. It literally makes it vanish like magic. You just need to make sure you apply it right. A lot of people give Dermablend bad product reviews, because they end up not buying the right skintone color for them, or they end up applying it wrong - so it doesn't last or it looks fake. If you follow the directions, there should be no reason why this doesn't work for you. I applyed just a little to my neck yesterday, because it was red. I continued on with the rest of my makeup, I waited about a minute for it to dry. Then, I applied, with my fingertips, some of the loose setting powder over it. I applied an excessive amount over it, to make sure it would have long lasting staying power all day. I continued on with the rest of my makeup again, waiting about 5 minutes this time. Then with the powder brush, I brushed off the excess amount of powder - buffing until I had even looking coverage... and it was perfect. So if you do it right, it should work for you too. =]

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetoblivion

You definitely need a precise match to use this product. I went to the counter and this old lady who worked at the Dermablend counter wanted me to wear ones with pink undertones, which did not work for me at all. But after forcing her to try all the tones on me, I finally found one with yellow undertones and it seemed to go with my skin tone.

My advice is to practice over and over again with this product. It does the job, but it has to be applied perfectly. I had a large area on my leg to cover, about the size of a hand, and I find that applying a generous amount to cover the scar and a little bit around it, it works well. All you have to do is apply like I said, use a sponge or your finger to blend around the edges of the scar so that it doesn't show the lines of demarcation, and on the whole area, dab the sponge. Dab really well, and it disappears into your skin without looking too flaky. I'm the type of person where all makeup seems to look cakey on me, but dabbing at the site with a sponge blends the makeup very well.

Don't waste your money on the setting powder, it doesn't work. Not only that but I basically threw $20 away when I was tapping it onto my leg, and the cap fell off and all of it spilled on me. I found that it doesn't really prevent the makeup from coming off. When you get water on it and don't wipe off quickly, the makeup turns a lighter color. Be very careful of soft water, or rain water, because I used this to go to my aunt's wedding and ended up walking a few feet in the rain, and got raindrops on my leg. After a minute or so the makeup started bleeding down my leg.

Like I said, it does the job, but it takes a lot of practice to get it right. One more tip: if you purchase the setting powder (or use another kind, like baby powder or cornstarch), even it out and let it sit for a couple minutes. Dust off with a foundation or powder brush. It will look very light, even white, but keep blending with your powder brush and the whiteness goes away and looks well blended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2004 6:10:00 PM More reviews by KITTYCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, I've been looking for a tattoo cover-up for a while now. Trying to cover up my tattoo for a wedding. Not like anyone really cared if I had it or not (it's about 3 inches on my arm) but I just didn't want to have my tattoo (I have a black one) in all the pictures. So I was on a mission to find a concealer to cover it up. Went to several different dermablend counters and had lots of different people try to help me match my skin coloring. It was very hard because my tattoo is a big and raised. So it was hard to apply, hard to match the color, hard to get it to not cake on. None of the makeup artists came very close. They kept applying it then removing it. So after a while, my arm was all red and felt all raw. It hurt a lot. So BF convinced me to just go and buy the closes match to my skin tone. I bought two colors. One that matched my skin color and one that's a bit lighter so it would white-out the black tattoo. He helped me with it a bunch of times and we finally got it right. This is what worked for me: 1. Apply a lighter shade to the tattoo to white it out. Make sure that you do thin layers and let each layer dry. When it looks like the tattoo is almost gone (it'll look very white) start applying thin layers of the shade that matches your skin color. Again, make sure each layer completely dries. This will take a long time so be patient. Then apply the setting powder. Let that sit for a couple of hours and then put on another layer of creme that matches your skin color. Put setting powder over that. That's all. You must have a lot of time for this to look good. Plus you'll have to go through a lot of trial and error. For me, I did all the steps above the night before the wedding then went to sleep. I was tired and actually forgot that I had that stuff on me. The setting powder works great. Didn't rub off a bit. So the morning of the wedding, I just put another layer on and there you go. Perfect. Well, not that perfect but it didn't rub off at all even though lots of people were giving me hugs and when they'd say hi, they'd touch my arm where my tattoo is. It didn't show up in any of the pictures at all. Looks like I never even had a tattoo. So this stuff is definitely worth it. I hope this helps some of you that want to hide your tattoo for a day. I went through a lot to figure this out but I'd say it was worth it. =)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2004 1:54:00 PM More reviews by cindyl28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have fair skin and purchased the fair shade to cover spider veins on my legs. This stuff reminds me of calamine lotion for chicken pox. It leaves a chalky looking finish with a totally un-natural color. It didn't cover the spider veins at all either. I would not purchase this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2004 3:44:00 AM More reviews by jseah000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product did not work on me, though this might be due to the fact that the i did not have the right color. Yet its also really hard to blend as it dries up very fast. The colors aren't extensive so if you cant find a color match, i definitly wouln't buy this as it does draw out more attention. Not to mention that this product is also expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2004 3:54:00 PM More reviews by ladytron78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I guess I'm in the minority here....I tried a similar product for covering a scar on my leg, and it was terrible. So I tried Dermablend in "ivory", and I have to say that it blends much better and the color is a pretty close match. I guess the key to this product is finding the right color and practice at blending.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2004 5:10:00 PM More reviews by tynkerbell57

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a bad product.......its so thick and the colors are very unnatural! worst product ever!