August 28, 2014 | 1709 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by breugelm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I discovered this shade as part of the Bloody Brilliant eyeshadow squad from the MAC x Osbournes collection. This quad is mostly suited for fair, cool complexions. Shadowy Lady is described as a “blackened plum with a Matte finish.” I would say it's a burgundy with cool undertones.

The MAC makeup artist recommended this color to create a smokey eye look as blacks/greys are generally too harsh for me (I have fair skin - NC25, green eyes and blonde hair).

I love to pair this with the Tickety Boo shade from the quad, described as a “soft muted plum brown with a Satin finish.” Both colors last all day and I find they both blend easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Emillly

I don't know if the eyeshadow I purchased was a dodgy crap one from MAC but the pay off is terrible. Ive had other MAC shadows that haven't been too bad but this didn't have much pigment so I had to keep building the shadow and it would look blotchy. I have used it with different eye primers and brushes and nothing seemed to help. The only positive thing I can say is that it is a beautiful colour in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

My favorite color from MAC. It's like a deep eggplant. It looks great on hazel green eyes. I use it with fluid line liner in plum (I think that's the name-it's the purple). Beautiful color. Lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite color for smokey eyes. I absolutely love it. It's almost dark purple color that looks amazing with green or brown eyes. Esy to blend.
C63.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by lindaedunn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very fair skin and very green eyes (a dark green, with gold flecks). I need purples to make my eyes pop, and this one totally does that.

Whatever colors I'm using on my eyes, I always use/need a dark base color. Sometimes just to line, sometimes for the V, sometimes to smoke it out, but whether light makeup for work, or a more dramatic look for nighttime, a basic dark go-to color is a must.

THIS is that color for me. It's perfect. It is a matte, and as such is trickier to blend, but that is true for ALL mattes. And, if you want an all-purpose dark, like this, you're going to have to deal with matte. Use primer potion (or similar) and just take your time. Don't keep adding product, as this particular e/s is very buildable. This is a good thing unless you overdo it because you are impatient while blending.

Whether you have a big kit or a small one, if you have green eyes, this is the dark shade you want. Beats the pants off of embark or carbon. You will use it for EVERYTHING once you get used to it.

(Note: I gave the packaging a 5, but I just by the pans, not the individual eyeshadows. So if the individuals are a pain to use, I have no idea).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a dark, sultry plum shade that works well as both a eyeliner and or blended lightly in the creases of my eyes. Like others have noted, it is a good alternative to black eyeshadow and works well with my brown eyes without pulling any red or gray tones. It does have a slight blue undertone to it but nothing dramatic. I like to pair this with other violet shades or with some of my brown or beige shades. I do find this highly pigmented but there can be some fallout if not careful. It lasts for a decent time on my oily lids with a primer. This is always in my eyeshadow collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I love this eyeshadow! I had been looking for a plum/dark purple color with no pink shade or undertone, which is very difficult to find, and this shadow definitely accomplished what I wanted.

I noticed some reviews said it was splotchy or not pigmented enough, but I think this shadow works best to obtain sufficient pigment with rounded-edge bristle brushes, such as the MAC #213 brush or e.l.f. eyeshadow C brush, instead of angled eyeshadow brushes.

This shadow is perfect for a smokey-eye that is very feminine and not as "harsh" as grey/black shadows. I use this eyeshadow with other eyeshadows MAC phloof and a medium-brown or taupe shadow to create eye depth and a "lighter" smokey-eye than using grey/black shadows (this will create a more glittery than matte smokey look though).

MAC eyeshadows may seem pricey, but I have used this one regularly for 1.5 yrs, and I am far from hitting pan yet (which also shows it is highly pigmented/you do not need much product each time you use it).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by mixyshop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was such a great color for my skin, and I loved the longevity of the product. The only thing was that for some reason, my eyelid became really sensitive (?) and I couldn't wear it for the full day. I do have eczema, but am able to wear other colors, so I was disappointed. Hopefully i'll be able to find a similar shade that doesn't irritate my eyelid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

The perfect shade of blackened plum for when you want a sultry eye look, but want to avoid the harshness of full on black shadow. In the pan, it appears almost black, but it's quite a bit softer when applied.

The color is a true black-based plum. It has no noticeable red or brown undertones, and is completely matte. This works beautifully as a liner too (especially if you dampen your brush with Fix+ or another mixing medium).

The flaws? The texture of this is quite dry. I don't find that it's as creamy or blendable as some of MAC's other shadows. It also goes on quite sheer. This doesn't bother me too much though, since it allows you to build the color up as much or as little as you want.

Overall, a great color for anyone to have in their collection. Not the best texture, but the unique color compensates for that.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Returned this, it just looks grey on me. I see others who use it beautifully, but it did nothing for me. I think I expected more purple in it. It's also a little hard to get the color to show.