July 31, 2014 | 1860 users online

Concealers - La Mer - The Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I like this one for 2 reasons. The colour is really suitable for my skin tone (cool undertone). Another one is the cream-base is so easy to apply, comparing to my other concealer (Dior's Snow) which is a thick liquid and I couldn't possibly use it on my face without messing half of the area that I don't want to conceal. This La Mer concealer does help a lot.

It also comes with a small concealer brush (but i usually use my fingers) and a nice package wih a mirror. Really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Evgeniya89

My must have. Perfectly hides dark circles and spots, doesn't irritate my skin. I love it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

I was lucky enough to buy this in Madrid for only 22 euros as it was on offer. Itīs very small and looks like a tiny face powder (its about the size of a smallish round eyeshadow. It come with a cute brush for application and should last a while as you only need a bit. I got it in medium plus the La mer liquid foundation with a 10% discount so I got the 2 products for 92 euros. I wouldnīt pay the full price for such a small concealer but as it is La mer I thought that 22 euros was a very reasonable price. I wanted to buy the loose powder too but they didn,īt sell it so I will use my Sisley loose powder which is probably of the same quality. Will update in a few weeks to let you know how my face is with these products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by mhonarkar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a concealer junkie, being olive skinned i had dark circles and have tried all the concealers. i read about this in Vogue and went to try it out. It only comes in 3 shades only but shade dark matched perfect. the texture is so nice and it doesnt' crease at all unlike bobbi brown's correcter. I also have Cle de Peau concealer and i would day this is better. it was 70 dollars which is crazy but if it covers up my dark circles i'll take it. the only negative besides the price is the packaging, it's so boring and cheap looking and comes with a mini application brush which is worthless. LaMer needs to upgrade there packaging all together, anyways this is a great great concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Ldv15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried Bobbi Brown concealer and that's the only one I can compare it to.

Compared to BB, La Mer is much less sticky but I think the coverage fades away throughout the day. The believe I got the lightest shade (I am fair Asian) and the colour was very pinkish. I mean i put finishing powder over it so my don't look super white.

Bobbi Brown stays on longer for sure but the stickiness of BB is not my fav.

Both have great small compacts!

I probably won't buy La Mer concealer again just b/c they dont sell the make up line here in Toronto at HR. I bought this when I was in Vegas! I never used that concealer brush that they provided with the concealer b/c I found it too small. I started used the BB concealer brush with it but ended up using my fingers as it was MUCH more efficient and covered more surface area.

I have bought the Ettusais concealer just now from eBay for $17CAD and I look forward to trying this one as a comparison!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by mkmonty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this concealer to use in conjunction with my La Mer Treatment Powder Foundation to help cover the dark circles my eyes have been plagued with all of my life. The consistency of the concealer is very interesting -- definitely a cream to powder. It covers incredibly well and the first couple of times I wore it, I thought I had found my HG concealer after years of trying every other concealer available including Cle de Peau, Amazing Cosmetics, Lancome, Estee Lauder, and Bobbi Brown. Unfortunately, I ended up returning the concealer because it didn't perform as well as Cle de Peau:
1. The color choices are limited to light, medium and dark. I am fair with yellow undertones. I was positive that the light would be the color I needed but after the SA tried both on me, the light was too light and pink and the medium appeared to be a closer match. After wearing the medium for 6+ hours, it seemed to oxidize a bit and became darker than my foundation. Frankly, it looked awful and I wonder if I should have stood my ground and purchased the light shade instead. I wish La Mer offered a few more choices in color.
2. I have very dry skin but I moisturize well both morning and night. The cream to powder formula really made the skin under my eyes appear flakey and dry.
3. The concealer accentuated fine lines under my eyes that I didn't even know I had.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Pricey and very different. Has the most unusual finish of any concealer I've used. If you are not one to blend, pat and work with it, this product is not for you. If you are, this is lovely. Update: Revlon Colorstay with soft-flex is my HG. This is going back to Bloomies...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I do like this concealer! I happen to have severe under eye (dark) circles that when traveling become insanely noticeable. This concealer happens to truly help to cover these spots and also makes my under eye seem less noticeable upon first inspection. For me, in my line of work, that is very important!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear this a lot with my La Mer Fluid Foundation. The color matches my skin well, it covers evenly, doesn't disappear immediately or dry out my skin, and looks very natural. However, the coverage isn't quite heavy enough for the things I most need to be concealed. It's definitely one of the best concealers I've used, but it's still not my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2006 9:38:00 PM More reviews by daydreamer3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this concealer cheaply off eBay (for around $22 with shipping) to go with my new La Mer fluid foundation. I got the shade "Sand Buff" 03 and it matches my "Buff" 03 foundation perfectly. It covers blemishes and undereye circles pretty well, but it could be better. There is no way that I'd pay $50+ for it, I'll tell you that! The first thing I thought when I tried it, was that it had more of a foundation-like consistency rather than a concealer. It can also emphasize fine lines when used in the undereye area, so I'll probably be using my Laura Mercier Secret Concealer for that. Overall though, it's a great match and I'm pleased with it. :)