September 2, 2014 | 1295 users online

Self Tanners - Alba Botanica - Advanced Sunless Tanning Lotion, With SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 6:24:00 AM More reviews by jules_23

Gives a nice golden glow, and smells yummy. I don't actually have the one with SPF 15, though, but I couldn't find another entry for Alba Sunless Tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by suzanneheinrich

First of all, there are two different types of Alba Botanica sunless tanning lotions. There's one that has SPF 15 and one that doesn't. The one with SPF 15 is definitely my favorite self tanner. My two other favorites besides this were St. Tropez and Neostrata for the natural color they produced...but with their color guide, price, smell, and the dirtyness they left on my clothes and sheets, I was looking for an alternative. I've also tried every other gradual tanners out there (from Jergens to Loreal to Dove) and regular tanners (Lancome, Chanel, Estee Lauder). You name it, I probably have tried it. But Alba Botanica is not only 100% vegan and natural, but it smells by far the most natural as well (as well compared to all the other natural self tanner brands). It resembles a tropical mix, but nothing too strong, more like a fresh smell. It's just a regular lotion. Its definitely the best smelling tanner I have EVER used (and it's not even that much of a smell). And how do I know for sure? My boyfriend the other day said "whatever lotion you put on smells delicious!" How many times do you hear someone complimenting a self-tanner smell? As for color, this comes up trumps as well. It's a golden color, not orange at all. I have pink undertones, blonde hair, and blue eyes, so I didn't want something that would be good for olive skin...and this works extremely well. It's completely natural in color. The non-SPF 15 one has a darker color and in my opinion flirts with orange, so I much prefer the SPF 15 version. The non-SPF is a little thicker and whiter from the tube. One to two coats is enough, and even though it doesn't have the color guide, it's really fool-proof to apply. I just make sure to put a thick lotion over my ankles, knees, elbows, and hands first and then I'm fine. I don't really exfoliate or anything. It also doesn't clog my pores and is hypoallergenic (big plusses since the Loreal gradual lotion's little sparkles made me itch so much!) But this lotion is really incredible, and I would recommend it highly.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2007 10:21:00 AM More reviews by rj212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is way better than Jergens. Smell is not as hideous and it gives a better color. Here's a tip: FIRST PUT ON MOISTURIZER (something very emollient is best). This will reduce splotchy patches, uneven color, too much color, etc. Use in small amounts every two days or so, and it will look natural. It also might work well for me because I have light olive skin that tans easily in the first place.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2006 4:58:00 PM More reviews by malane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The lady at the natural food store where I bought this said it was fabulous. Unfortunately I can't completely agree. It did well on my arms, but showed up really splotchy on my legs. I prefer L'Oreal Sublime Bronze lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2005 10:35:00 AM More reviews by laceylew

This is an excellent sunless tanner. It gives a medium golden tan. It is very moisturizing & smells wonderful, too. It has decent lasting power as well. I have tried a gazillion self-tanners (au courant, clinique, lancome, dior, estee lauder, coppertone endless summer, neutrogena, banana boat, jan tana, ddf, and california north just to name a few!) and this one is my favorite. Beach by Strong products is my 2nd favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2005 4:14:00 AM More reviews by rhiannon353

Overall a good self tanner. The color was very natural on my medium skintone. I put it on before my vacation in Spain so I wouldn't look too pale, and it lasted the whole week (after 2 applications). I didn't notice any streaking as it faded either. The drying time wasn't bad, and the lotion smelled nice going on. The only real con is it definitely has that distinct self-tanner smell for a few days after application. I just put scented lotion on daily, and it wasn't so bad. I would buy it again though for the price and the natural ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2005 7:28:00 PM More reviews by baksino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have a mixed feeling about this tanning lotion. i used it only one time, it gave me somewhat an orangnish-brown color, not what i want to be honest. it took about 2 weeks to fade off. but the way how it fade away for me was like dead skin is coming off. seem like this lotion add an extra skin layer to mine, and then it start shredding about 1 week later. i just need the bath cloth to use in shower and just rub that tanlotion part, and then i see orangnish-brown stuff coming off my skin. somewhat this is like a yellow mask for me, and it doesn't blend in too well with my skin color i guess. that's why i have an oragnish brown tan? i only tried it only my legs...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2004 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jgsmedra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love organic products and natural ingredients, and i was already familiar with Alba lotions, so i was eager to try this. i'm a PPP and i never tan...so i used the self-tanner and i was happy with the smell and the feel. the tan itself looked a tad orange on me, but my DH didn't think it was too bad...just a light bronze tan. for me, however, this is not a process that is convenient enough to keep up with (the drying time, etc.) so i won't likely continue. but i'd recommend the product for newbie self-tanners like myself. and the price is decent.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2004 8:09:00 PM More reviews by PotNoodlez4

After reading all these great comments, I can't wait to try it! I was at a local discount store (Marshall's) and saw 3 tubes of this on the shelf. I was interested in trying it after I saw all the organic ingredients and I LOVED the pineapple/tropical smell. I was concerned thought because I had never heard of this brand and I've used TONS of self tanners. Now I can't wait to try it! Best part, each tube was only $2.99!!! I bought 3 in case I loved it and couldn't find it anywhere else! :) UPDATE: I used up all the tubes fully but am not sure that I'll buy another one. I still LOVE the smell, but it takes too long to dry. After 3-4 hours it still feel greasy on my skin. Nice, subtle color though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2004 11:22:00 AM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love the pineapple smell of this self-tanner, and that is has spf 15 (even if there is very little UVA blocker - only .5% avobenzone), but I won't repurchase. I think I am so used to the color I get with St. Tropez, but the Alba looked a little "off" color to me. But what I disliked the most was that it felt like it was sitting on top of my skin, and sort of looked that way too, even after it developed.