August 21, 2014 | 1018 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Nail Prisms in Amber Ruby

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sensen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only color I have ever used down to the very last drop, I love it so much. It is an amazing color for summer and fall: it flashes red and orange and bronze....all the colors of the sun-drenched Arizona desert. Drying time is a bit longer, since it is an old polish, but it's worth it. Every time I wear it people comment on my nails, so it is definitely eye catching!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2006 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For reference I'm a cool/neutral skin tone or very pale.
I love love love this color!! Now THIS is a true holographic color. It appears a deep red satin color indoors. Really lustrous and chic!
Outdoors it flashes orange, red, and even yellow, just like a flame or a sunset! I have some problems with end wear after the second day but I just reapply color to ends and it only intensifies the color flash and deepes the red flash. I haven't met a Prism color I didn't like! $4.99+@WalMart and other drugstore chains.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Next to OPI, I think that SH Nail Prisms are my HG in nail color and wear. This is an absolutely perfect color for fall with its deep burgundy metallic color and amber hue. This is probably one of the most interesting nail colors I have ever worn, in terms of the color. It is hard to describe, but the effect is magical. Wears well without minimal or no chipping, looks great on and stays fluid for a long time in the bottle without thickening. Lovely, dynamic nail color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

I think any polish nut should have a few of these Nail Prisms in her collection--they're great for layering over solid colors (or even over each other) making for endless possibilities. This particular color is a warm coppery-rose that flashes a dull silvery-green (almost like the patina on aged copper). It's a cool topper to a blackened-berry creme like Revlon's Vixen (then it's a wonderful bronzey-plummy-coppery rose that has both warm and cool tones), as well as on its own. These are kinda watery and sheer, so about 2-3 coats are necessary to get good color intensity. I think these dry really slowly, even with a fast-drying topcoat on top, and I almost always end up smudging, smearing or otherwise ruining a few nails. But that's just my own impatience, I guess. But the wear is very, very good and these are pretty inexpensive and come in a wide range of colors/effects. Would repurchase. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2006 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yuck, Yuck and YUCK! This polish was the worst. It applied watery and streaky. It dried slow. I thought the brush was thin & limp. On the nail, it was gross with my cool-tone PPP skin. When it catches the right light, it looks like a passable bronzy rose tone, but most of the time it looks like a nasty orange-gray gold. BLECK! On a warm-toned lady, the color may work, but that still doesn't excuse the application. The bottles are cheap and unattractive looking imo. I can't attest to wear because it's not going to stay on my nails long enough to find out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2005 12:47:00 PM More reviews by babydials

I found this on sale for $2.99 and it was a great buy. It takes 3 coats for good coverage. The general effect is copper, with flashes of ruby or green depending on the angle (it sounds garish, but has gone over well at the office). Because of the different colors in the shimmer this polish goes with a wide range of skin tones and clothes. I have held my nails up to clothing in pink, plum, navy, black, saffron, apple green, and red. It went with them all. It looks fabulous with Eggplant purple and Hunter green, and makes a terrific contrast with deep Turquoise. The only colors it does not go with are pastel, butter, and lemon yellows (which I can't wear anyway). So far I've had a little bit of edgewear, but no chips--not even tiny ones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amber Ruby looks great with my warm skin tones and is a good color for Fall and Winter. I have to apply two coats to get the holographic effect, as the polish is somewhat sheer. Because of the dark color, any application mistakes show up more than with the lighter Nail Prisms colors, so I gave it four lippies instead of five.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 12:26:00 AM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has got to be the ugliest nail polish I've ever tried. The colour looked gorgeous in the bottle: metallic dark red with greenish-gold shimmer. However, on my nails, four coats were required to even get any visible colour. Once the four coats were applied, it looked uneven, and the colour at the tips of my nails was different from that on the rest of the nail (the nail looks brown, the tips look greenish-gray). I'm not liking this one.

My experiences with the Nail Prisms polishes have been very hit (Purple Diamond, Pink Rose Diamond) or miss (South Sea Pearl, this one). I've come to the conclusion that the more "sparkly" colours of this polish look better than the rainbowy, iridescent ones. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2003 6:40:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

Aww. I love Nail Prisms but this just doesn't look good with my PPP skin, or my cool toned gothy wardrobe. It would look fantastic on a darker skinned girl though, I bet. It's just so orange/yellow on me, it clashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2003 7:35:00 PM More reviews by feri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The most flattering shade of nail polish I have ever bought! Amazing glittery look in sunlight, shifts colors from amber to red to purple-ish magenta to orange to even a bit of green. Has a decent amount of staying power and although it might seem expensive for a drugstore polish (about $6) it was worth it. Will repurchase other colors. continued >>