November 23, 2014 | 1017 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Blackberry

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great colour, but...
MAC please do something about your matte e/s, especially the purple ones.
The formulation simply sucks.
Will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Blackberry is a gorgeous, muted deep purple shade which does a fantastic job of flattering my blue green eyes. While it is not super pigmented I find it easier to work with as it isn't very blendable. I build it up carefully and have only ever used it as a crease color (I need to branch out). My favorite look with this shadow is Haux on the lid (a taupey, muted red brown), Blackberry in the crease and Yogurt (a soft matte pink) under the brow bone. But also looks great with Amber Lights!

I've applied this wet and the application is rather patchy. The nicest thing about this shadow is the lack of fallout. I doubt I will ever hit the pan but if I used it up I wouldn't repurchase. I would look for an easier to blend, more buttery shadow. But I will say the color is exceedingly flattering and livens up the complexion quite nicely. Worth the money but not the texture I prefer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm on the fence about this shade. It's certainly a beautiful plum which has the potential to create natural looking depth, but it's so hard to blend that I always end up looking like I have bruised eyes when I put it in the crease. I think this would be too dark for someone lighter than NC20. This is ultra matte in finish, and it's hard for the brush to pick up color and hard for it to blend out on the skin. Careful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Blackberry is a matte shade that says "Oh am purple...am purple..yes I am...oh but am brown" XD

There's definitely visible purple in there, but just on the fence of brown.

The color is pretty deep and can be layered and looks best actually when it's layered heavily. I usually use this on my lids and then Sushi Flower+Texture in the crease.

Lasting power is quite good and great color payoff, just one lippie off cuz I have such a horrible time trying to blend it. No fallout, given you tap off the excess.

I don't think I'll be buying this again, it just didn't amaze me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

This is a very nice eyeshadow. I use with satin taupe when doing a smokey eye and it compliments it nicely. I have hazel eyes so this shade does suit me eye colour. It's a matte finish so does give more intense colour. I actually prefer matte finish now which I never thought I'd say. I think I need to expand my matte collection as I mainly have shimmer finish eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not crazy about "Blackberry" I had expected something more purple. This one is a muted purple and not the purple color I prefer. However, since it's MAC the quality is pretty good. However, it could be a bit more pigmented. My other eye shadows from the brand are much more pigmented. I would not repurchase this color. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the perfect purple for green eyes, beautiful matte purple mauve, great as your midtone. Blends great with so many colors as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by littlemissbusiness

This is a great fall color. Since it doesn't have much sparkle to it, I use Naked Lunch as an undertone and layer this on the inner part of my eye. It creates a great shadow

I have brown eyes and supposedly purples go well with brown eyes so I highly suggest this shade since it's a bit darker than normal purple tones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade looks gorgeous in the pot, but it isn't very pigmented. I have to use so much product, and then it's hard to blend. Blackberry is a nice shade if you want a very muted purple hue to your look, but it's not the right shade if you want obvious color. I'd recommend something like Sketch if you want more pigmentation and berry tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Prophet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried to like this shade, but no matter how I use it, It looks like I have a black eye. I don't like purple eyeshadow in general, but I decided to give it another try because Blackberry has a matte finish. It doesn't come off as pigmented unless you apply it wet. In general it looks better on darker skin tones.