September 2, 2014 | 1059 users online

Treatments (Face) - Murad - Resurgence Age-Diffusing Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I noticed no difference in my skin whatsoever, despite using this every night for several weeks. The product itself has a pleasant scent, light and citrusy, and seems to skin into my skin well. However, it also seemed to dry out my skin in places also. I really don't think that this is worth the money, I have fine lines and there was no change at all in their appearance, and my skin did not feel softer or smoother after constant use of this. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by cleopatra44

I loved this... for one week only! My skin looked great for the first week, then I came out with large spots on my cheeks (I never get spots on my cheeks). I thought it was this or my new bronzer so I stopped both let the spots clear and then started using the serum again. The spots flared up again. I really wanted to like this so was disappointed I had to use this as a hand cream. Oh, the pump also broke so I had to take the container apart every time I wanted to use it and stick a cotton bud in to get the product. Annoying that I couldn't return it as I lost the receipt. Note to self: Mind all your receipts!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

At first this product was actually great. It made my skin glow and feel healthy. I really enjoyed the first 3-5 days and was quite excited. Only problem is after 5 days, my face started burning! It made me look like I had rosacea! My skin hurt and I thought maybe it was doing something useful but it wasn't unfortunately :( Only causing irritation. I thought maybe it had something to do with the weather but after I stopped, within 2 days my skin felt MUCH better. I have never had this type of reaction to a product before.

If you have sensitive skin (mine isn't even that sensitive) I wouldn't recommend at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by francie29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely sensitive skin and as a result had stopped using all moisturizers a few years ago. My skin was in terrible shape but I couldn't stand the burning eyes that all products gave me. After seeing an infomercial with Dr. Murad and Joan Lunden I decided to give Resurgence a try. I was very skeptical and had planned on sending it back for a refund. I was so surprised and pleased when I tried the product. It had a great scent and I had no negative reaction to it at all. I now spread it all the way up to my eyes and still no reaction. My 47 year old skin felt better immediately and within a few days it started glowing. My husband noticed it too. And he never notices things like that! I find myself touching my neck and face all the time and can't believe how supple it is. This product is truly amazing. Only thing I wish is that it wasn't as expensive but it is worth the money because I've never found anything like it. Love it!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by annespan65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Murad's Resurgence line has been a disappointment overall -- it did not address my concerns regarding redness/blotchiness in any discernible manner and in time, this serum and the companion mositurizing cream actually stung my cheeks a little for a few seconds after application. Having much better results already with Roche Posay and Evan Healy. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Ranna1994

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used the Murad Resurgence line for a couple of years now. I have had good results with all three of the products (cleanser is my HG cleanser, the serum, and the night cream). Before finding Murad I tried everything to find something that my dry and rather sensitive skin wouldn't react negatively to. Resurgence was it for me. I honestly don't know if it has helped with respect to wrinkles because I don't really have any....maybe because I use Resurgence, or at least in part. I am 43 and am regularly mistaken for being in my late 20s (today someone thought I was 29). When I was young, about 14 I think, I read that Sophia Loren had beautiful skin because she stayed out of the sun. So since that age I have been very diligent about staying out of the sun and always applying daily sunscreen. So I honestly think my lack of wrinkles has more to do with sun avoidance than any particular product - but it's hard to tell.

Although I love the Resurgence line I am trying to find all natural (preferably organic) beauty products, so as I move away from it perhaps I will find wrinkles becoming more evident. I hope not, but I'll try to update here if I do (and I'll probably end up coming back to Murad if it happens!).

I should note that about half way through winter I have to stop using the age-diffusing serum because my face becomes dry. I can pick it up again as soon as spring arrives though.

If you have dry and/or sensitive skin I definitely recommend the Murad Resurgence line.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lindablk

I purchased the 30 day kit from an infomercial I saw. I knew Murad has been around for a long time so I decided to try it. I am 43 and last year I noticed wrinkles starting to form on my forehead, more laugh lines and around eyes and larger pores. I've been trying to find a good face cream for about a year and I've tried about $1,000 worth of creams from department store brands to drugstore brands. My face is sensitive and some made me break out, some I didn't see any results and I would give it 3 months. This is the only cream that I've tried that I actually see a difference, it's not huge, but I do see a difference and I've just finished my 4th week. This is going to sound like a commercial, but after 2 weeks of using it I was putting on my makeup and my 10 year old daughter said "Your face looks nice mommy", I just said thanks and didn't think much of it. But later I asked her, "When you said my face looked nice, what did you mean, do you see a change?", she said "It looks smoother." I was so happy to hear this, the cream has made my face look smoother, my pores do look smaller and my lines between my eyebrows seem lighter. So it is a product I would recommend trying. I will try it for a few more months to see if I'm still happy with it because it is expensive and I want to be sure it's helping my skin. But so far so good after one month. Just read carefully if you sign up for the 30 day kit, they sent me a 90 day kit next, with payments for the next 3 months, but I was going to purchase the full size products anyway, so it saved me a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by littleitaly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At a young age I developed deep forehead wrinkles, 11's and a lot of fine lines under my eyes. I have very dry skin and also prone to adult acne (didn't have it while young). This product was a last ditch attempt before Botox. Better than everything I tried and I have tried it all (expensive products from dermatologist, spa regimens, masks, over the counter creams, laser dot-therapy skin resurfacing, and microdermabrasion, none of which gave me any results). After seeing a recent photo where the wrinkles were so evident I was ready to get botox. After getting sucked into Murad Resurgence infomercials, I decided it was definitely worth the cost to try it before going under the needle. I am so pleased with the results. My 11s and eye lines have disappeared entirely, my forehead wrinkles are almost non-existent and they were deep! It's only been 3 weeks but I saw almost instant results. I feel the best of the products are the serum, eye cream, and night cream. Highly recommend this product to all my friends and family!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by madkappp

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this serum at sephora with a purchase. I wish I had tried Murad sooner. I'm 57 and my skin issues are a little sagging, some age spots, large pores and some oilyness. This has been addressing all my issues some sooner than others, but I'm only a little over 2 weeks in using it. Pleasantly surprised as I never used Murad before, I now am looking to incorporate more of their products into my routine.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the 3 step Resurgance kit. I got it through the TV offer so it was 39.99 per month; you can get the 30 day or 90 day supply. The kit has a cleanser, serum, night moisturizer. I have been using the system for 3 weeks now. I have been so over the top happy with these products. I had a very bad reaction to some AHA and retin-A products a while back and it left me with huge red blotches on my face and running down my neck. I tried for weeks to get rid of them but they would just get red, then dry, then peel and it would start all over again. It was horrible. So, I have been in search to find new skin care products and that when I bought this kit. I really felt that the price was not too much to risk even if it proved not to be very effective. (I have purchased products for $100s that did nothing for me.) When I got this kit in the mail my skin was the worst it has ever been. Not only the huge red blotches, but I had dry, flaky skin under my eyes and eyelid, break out on my chin and forehead. I normally have combination skin but generally it was under control. So, when I got this kit I looked 15 years older then my age (which is huge since I am usually told I look much younger.) The first night I used this cleanser it was effective and soothing, but no big reaction. When I put on the serum it stung my face, so I thought I would have a terrible reaction. I put the night cream over it which immediately soothed my skin. What I noticed right away was that all the dryness, itching and lines on my neck immediately, right as I put it on, went away. It was a really impressive result. The next day my neck still looked great and the red blotches on my face seemed less noticeable. I am now on week 3 and all the redness on my face and neck are gone, itchiness stopped, and no more dryness! I had also received samples of the eye cream and the day luster cream from the same line. I loved those too and ended up ordering the full sizes of those products as well. The improvement for me has been remarkable. My skin looks healthy and glowing. I no longer feel like I have to cover my skin with foundation, concealer, powder, highlighter, etc…I switched from foundation to a tinted moisturizer (with sunscreen) or I use just a few drops of my foundation (Nars Sheer Glow) and spread out for very sheer coverage. The lines under my eyes are gone! No break-outs at all which is very impressive given that these are quite moisturizing and it is summer, so that is wonderful for me. I am really happy with these products. They are very high quality so you use a small amount. If you purchase the kit there is auto re-delivery which I was worried about at first but I love them so much that I am relieved I will be getting more products when I run out. Also, if you do the monthly deal then you can get any of the Murad products at a really good member discount. That is what I did when I went back and purchased the eye cream and day cream, saved about $30, and got a free gift, a pomegranate lip balm, and free shipping. (Not sure if this is still available.) I really love, love, love these products. I feel good about the way I look and that is what matters.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No