Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 4/20/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep buying this- it works! Besides being a great mask for me my husband uses it for when he feels one if those painful under the skin pimples coming on and it literally goes away before it becomes anything! This is a must have in our house. You can get It almost anywhere but our dollar store even carries it!

on 4/19/2015 9:02:00 PM

This mask is fantastic. After reading reviews on makeupalley (Thank you, guys), I decided to try this product for myself. I've been using it for a couple months now.
Every time I use this mask, my skin is matte, tight, and clean. The trick is to only use it on your oily skin. For some people, that might just be t-zone, for others might be their whole face. I specifically use it on my nose and forehead. The mask dries as a hard clay, and feels lovely and tight.
I have it in the tub packaging, obviously not as hygenic as the tube but its lasted me a while so far. The smell is a lovely spearmint. Will definitely buy again when I run out!

I bought this mask in tub form about a year ago and it hasn't disappointed me! It is extremely affordable, smells great (not overbearing), and actually does most of what it claims to do. I haven't really noticed any changes in my oil production but it definitely helps minimize my large pores and gives my face a deep clean feeling. I use it as a pick me up when my skin is acting out and it helps calm (not eliminate) any breakouts I have. If you haven't, definitely check out the mint julep scrub!

Great mask. Seems like it would be great for any skin type too. For the price this stuff is totally worth it :)

on 4/6/2015 12:25:00 PM

Pros:
- consistency is thick, stays firm on the face
- I used this probably 2-3 times a week when I broke out REALLY BAD, and it actually healed my face by minimizing the whiteheads that were really red
- nice mint smell and is really cooling
- hardens on the face when it dries, making my face feel really clean
- really affordable

Cons:
- very hard to get every bit of the mask with a squeeze tube, but nbd. I just cut the tube in half when I'm at my last drop
- not sure whether it even helps with oil production? probably not

Overall, really great and affordable product for my acne-prone skin. Would definitely repurchase!

on 4/3/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! I have been using Queen Helene product's since I was a teenager, and am about to be 35. This particular product is my favorite, and really helped my acne prone skin. I also have less black heads, and tighter, brighter skin after each use. I use about once a week. I steam my face to open up my pores, dry it, then apply a very nice coating to my face and neck. leave on for about 30 minutes, and use a hot wash clothe to take the masque off. I then exfoliate with St. Ives acne prone formula, use a cotton ball with rose water as a astringent, and then use a coconut oil, lemon, and tea tree oil mixture as a moisturizer. I can honestly say that I have the face of a 25 yr old having used this combination for the past 5 years.

on 3/30/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mask is oil-stripping, and since I have dry skin I have to be careful about not using it too often, but when I'm faced with a breakout every few weeks it really helps calm down the gross zits on my face. I really like how it smooths my skin, pulls gunk out of my pores, and makes my sebaceous filaments less noticeable for a few days.

If you have dry skin, just make sure you moisturize afterwards, otherwise it might be too drying. Otherwise, this mask is excellent, especially considering how cheap it is.

on 3/29/2015 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not the type to bother with reviews but when something deserves credit, I feel the obligation to do so. This mask is amazing, now ladies who are saying that it makes your face burn or tingle and what not, HELLO!!! It's mint, it's not burning stop overreacting and you are the same ladies who say it doesn't work, umm maybe cuz you only used it once or twice. Things take time, just like everything else, diet, goals, achievements etc. I only use this mask once a week after scrubbing my face with st Ives facial scrub. I leave the mask on for 10 minutes then rinse with warm water and I follow up with some Argan oil. Yes I have combination skin oily and dry in some spots, but guess what I found out, oily skin needs oil to stop being oily, I know it sounds crazy but it's true, I use jojoba oil and Argan oils on my face and I'm never oily and my face feels like a babies butt.

on 3/27/2015 10:11:00 AM

The product I think is so-so. First off, when I bought this I was expecting the mask to be at least smooth. But maybe it was left in the packaging too long or maybe it was originally like that but it was really difficult to squeeze it out of the tube and the mask was dry and not that easily to spread on my face.
I think the price is quite reasonable and cheap given by the quality.
When I put it on, there is a cooling feeling and it really dries everything out of my face. Like really drying! I think this would be great for people with oily face or those with oily T-zone or on pimples to dry them out.
It removes some blackheads and I love the cool tingling feeling but
Overally I would not buy this again because it is too drying for my skin type and there really isnt much benefit for this product.

on 3/26/2015 9:58:00 PM

I bought this product at Watson Singapore at Bras Basah Road ( Sunway plaza (?)) . I heard this is a good product thats why I bought this . But , then when I tried this , my face burnt ( I felt it was burnt and I can smell the burnt smell on my face ) . The day after I use this product I saw that my face got skin irritation ( my left cheek look like it was sting by insects and it has rough surface ) . Maybe this product not for my face .
I am sorry , my english is bad . So, if any grammar mistake forgive me .

Popular Masks