November 27, 2014 | 961 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a staple in my routine. I've used pricey masks that I liked but this mask is only $4 and work just as well, if not better, than the $40+ masks. Not to mention, one tube is going to last forever so you get a lot of bang for your buck. It can be a bit drying, so I would proceed with caution if you're going to use it all over your face but it works wonders for any breakout or clog I have. I use a little Queen Helene on the spot, let it dry, and once removed, I can already see that the spot or clog comes to a head. This mask really dries them out and clears them up faster than any other spot treatment I've ever used. It is very effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

This is great! I find this to be perfect for my acne prone combo skin. I also like to use it as a spot treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lexisaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been kind of on the look out for this product since reading about it ages ago... lo and behold I found it tucked away at Sally's. It's dirt cheap for a giant tub, but I might buy the bottled version next as it's a bit messy.

However, I cannot recommend this enough! I have combination skin and have always had acne, but over the past couple months it's gotten pretty bad (hormonal I believe) so I was looking to try something new. This mask is amazing! It's not a miracle worker by any means, but I could see a difference after using it. It's a thick, creamy green clay-based mask that is really fun to put on haha. It is quite tingly (it is called a MINT mask for a reason), almost to the point of burning a little in my case, as I have sensitive skin, but I tough it out for 15-20 minutes. I honestly don't find it that hard to remove, it just takes some warm water and a bit of scrubbing.

After the first few times using it, and yes even after the first time, my skin was noticeably more soft and smooth. I didn't see a ton of difference in my blemishes, but after using it a couple of times they definitely were less noticeable and more dried up. A couple people even commented after I used it how nice my skin looked! You can't really go wrong with it, it's so cheap for a lot of product and has improved my acne some, as well as my skin's texture. I used it a couple times a week and will definitely be re-buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by samm494

I really like this product. Its VERY tingly and can be too much for some people but I dont mind it. It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed, smooth, tightens all my pores and dries up blemishes. The smell is not the best, and the packaging makes it really hard to get the product out since it's very thick. A tub would be better. Also, taking it off requires a cloth of some sort, it would take a while to get off with just water and hands. Its all worth it though because my skin glows afterwards and feels super soft. Plus it's super cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by misskay2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Incredible product, let me just start by saying ive never been a girl that got pimples, im 20 and all throughout my teenage years i only got the occasional breakout at the time of the month, this was until i took hairfinity pills a product that contains a high level of biotin i rarely drink alot of water and the pills broke me out TERRIBLY u can imagine how bad it was for me as someone who rarely got acne, in comes mint julep. I purchased after buying many products while trying to get rid of my horrid breakout. it smells and looks like toothpaste i applied and left for 20mins washed off and my skin literally GLOWED. by the next day i could see some acne had dried up and in 2 days my skin looked MUCH better i am not kidding youve GOT to try this stuff ontop of it all its so CHEAP for the amount you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I consider this to be a toning, rather than a deep-cleaning, product. It feels great, and smells great (at least until you rinse it off and get that residual sulfur stench), but it doesn't really clean or unclog anything, at least for me. My favorite use is applying it to a pimple, either fully erupted or still under the skin, and leaving it on overnight - that dries it up significantly, and will often prevent the under-the-skin ones from erupting altogether. Of course, Mint Julep Masque stains everything it touches green, sometimes permanently, so I have a special washcloth for taking it off and a special towel for putting over my pillows when I leave it on overnight. It is fun to occasionally use it all over my face for that classic girly masque experience, but I don't think it really does anything other than tone, and maybe brighten a bit. But hey, it's dirt-cheap and easy to find now (unlike in 2009, when I had to drive across town to get it), so I keep it around. It's very stiff and hard to squeeze out of the tube even when it's full - frequently, too much comes out, and it gets to be barely usable when the tube is half-empty or so. I'd actually rather have it in a pot, and use a skincare spatula or brush, or my clean fingers, to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by missmajestic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't hate this mask, but it's not my holy grail, either. It works semi-well. it does tend to help me rid my face of some oil, but I don't think it rinses away blackheads by a long shot. It helps, but, it's no magician. I don't think it really affects my pores, at all. Maybe if I just had slightly enlarged pores. But alas, my pores were like craters, so, no dice. I recommend skipping this mask and investing in a Clarisonic. Mine has worked wonders on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ahmednawshin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not quite sure how to feel about this product, honestly. Nowadays I consider anything that doesn't cause me to break out an "okay" product. I love how this masque goes on--very smooth and creamy. I love the smell and the tingly feeling. I don't feel like it has done a whole lot for my skin overall but it does do a good job of refreshing. Overall, it's a decent product but don't expect this to be life-changing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by LiseC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Aghh, I have tried so many times to like this product. I WANT to like this product! It's such a great price point and I can get it at my grocery store!! But every time I put it on it stings (and not in a pleasant, 'its working!' way). The burn is mild-ish so I fight through but every time I've taken it off I haven't seen the results I've had with other masks. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by iBaei

I've been using this product since I was in H.S. (back in the early 2000's). It does what it says and it leaves your face feeling refreshed. I've also noticed that my skin is less prone to blackheads and acne. I have combination skin and although it does absorb the oils in my skin it also keeps my skin from over-drying. I've read other reviews of people complaining that after the product dries it's hard to remove. No offense but did ya'll read the label.... wash it off with warm water and if need be use a cloth :) Overall a great affordable buy and I will continue to buy for many years to come.