December 22, 2014 | 1242 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Herbal Recovery Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Bridget55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely serum but if I use it too often I get small breakouts from it. Nevertheless, I keep a bottle around and use it when it's dry in the winter and I need more slip under my makeup than my regular moisturizer gives me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by medinaneenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I stopped using this for awhile because I ran out. Was forced to use Oil of Olay serum. The two do NOT compare. My skin has suffered. This smoothed my skin after 2 weeks. My skin is acne-prone, sensitive with large, visible pores & loves this product. I find my skin to be softer, with a subtle radiance. The price tag is hefty but "you get what you pay for" aka it's worth it. Try a sample from a local spa that carries the line. Everything doesn't work for everyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

what does this do actually? i guess for very oily skin type people would love this. it smells of herbal and very light gel which doesnt seem to do anything in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by claredelalune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have recently fallen in love with Jurlique. Although they are pricey, the amount of benifitial ingredients is really worth the money. Also a little goes a long way. I use this serum at night in conjuction with my Trilogy rosehip oil and my skin always feels hydrated and nourished the next morning. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Lydia1703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lightweight serum absorbs quickly into my oily combination skin during the hottest months and it does not cause any irritation (my skin is acne-prone and very sensitive). However, it does nothing to my face while its price is high.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was very surprised that the gel didn't meet my expectations as I really liked its' botanical ingredient list and I had high hopes for it. I used it twice a day for about 3 months and I didn't notice it restored, tightened my skin or made it smoother.
It has a very lightweight texture and I liked to use it in summer. It hydrated enough during hot season but I wouldn't recommend anyone to use it during cold weather when the skin needs more hydration unless you use it as a serum and apply your moisturiser on top of it.
When I just apply the gel, it has a bit unpleasant sticky feeling on the skin that goes away as soon as the gel is absorbed into the skin in a few minutes.
The price is sky high for doing almost nothing. I won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a pretty blah product for me. For the life of me, I cannot remember why I was so excited to purchase this. It certainly doesn't "do" anything - I rely on serums to treat my skin in someway, and this doesn't do anything for my skin. Moisturizing? No. Brightening? No. Soothing? Not particularly. Anti-Aging as per its claims on Sephora? Absolutely not. It feels like a very pointless extra step in my regimen, and a pricey one at that. With the veritable laundry list of lovely plant oils this is said to contain on the ingredients list, I was expecting a lot more.

The only positive things I can say about this are that it smells lovely, and they keep a lot of chemicals out of the product.

Bottom line - I definitely would not repurchase this, there are much better serums/gels out there that are more effective and cost less.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and have been using it in different ways for two weeks. My acne prone skin luckily did not break out from this. I think of this serum more of a nice drink of water after being thirsty or a relaxing glass of wine after work. Lol. I've been going through some bouts of dry, irritated skin and some acne prior to this. My skin was severely parched and patchy from the acne treatments I've using. I slapped some on and instantly my skin was soft and the patchiness was gone.

The smell is strong of rose water, so if you don't enjoy perfume scents, you may not like this. But I like it and the smell and feel of this is luxurious. I keep mine in the fridge and use it for times when I feel I need extra hydrating or pampering of my skin. I do, however, prefer Estee Lauder ANR for hydrating, especially overnight. Jurlique's serum soaks in very quickly and I feel Estee Lauder goes in deeper in my skin. Is it worth the price of admission for most? No. I think there's better. But in a pinch, I would slap this on my skin before applying my makeup and after peels.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by tonyashe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally love the smell & texture of the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel. Unfortunately it made me break out in little pimples and whiteheads, I felt like a teenager going through puberty again! I also found that if it got even remotely close to my eyes they would start to burn & water. I contemplated using a different toner in conjunction with the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel but in the end decided to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by jess2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product changed my skin! I got this for free from the rep at my job, I'm an esthetician so the reps like to give me products to try which im always uneasy about at first because I have my skincare routine that works for me already. I'm sooo glad I didn't give this away because not only did my skin look alot more hydrated and rested but during that time of the month no breakouts even formed and if one stubborn one did try to peek out it ended up not coming out. This is my daily serum and I will never stop using it. I really love the smell too, very floral.