October 1, 2014 | 1753 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by WChea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous color. It looks very similar to that of it in the tube. It definitely leans on the purple side. Its a very strong color. I was extremely intimidated and when I tried it on straight from the tube, I nearly fell out of my seat. Plus it was a bit hard to apply. But when I used it with a lip brush with a light hand I liked the lipstick. It would look gorgeous on a lot of girls and I can definitely see this as a night on the town look. It is very sexy and pops out. I didn't walk out of the store with it but I am still thinking about whether I want it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a stunning, long-wearing colour and not nearly as intense as it looks in the tube. But am I the only person who finds this lipstick a bit dry and difficult to apply? It just doesn't go on smoothly or evenly when I apply it straight from the tube, so I have to use a lip brush. Are all MAC lipsticks like this? I can't answer that question as this is the only one I've ever bought, and it's put me off buying any more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been curious about this lipstick for over a year now but was always a little intimidated by how it looked in the tube - really dark and vampy. I finally tried it out yesterday. The makeup artist who sold it to me did an amazing job of selling her product. At first I just told her I wanted to see how it looked on the back of my hand because I was worried it might drain the colour out of my already pale complexion. Wow! Yes, it is vampy but without being unwearable dark. She then tried it on my lips. It was really striking. It made my eyes look bluer, my teeth look whiter and really enhanced my whitish complexion. It looks great against my dark brown hair. I love the finish of this and it does not feel drying. It stayed on all day and only wore off a little at the corners of my mouth after I had eaten. I also bought the lip liner in Magenta to go with it. The finish of this is Satin. The only thing I noticed was toward the end of the day, this lipstick was clinging to the dry parts of my lips but this is quite common with a lot of lippies.

I love this colour. It's not often I feel the need to review a lipstick but this one is stunning!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick. It is a very odd color, but it goes on beautifully and looks fantastic. It isn't drying at all, and stays on for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

Wet n wild sugar plum fairy is an exact dupe for rebel I have sugar plum fairy and my daughter has rebel I compared I won't buy rebel for myself I am not a fan of this color ill wear the sugar plum fairy if i ever want this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDeBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

With drug store prices creeping up they are not much more pricey for a quality lipstick. As for the shade, you don't by any means need to be a rebel to wear it because despite the daring color in the tube, it does not show up like that on my pretty pigmented lips. For reference I have light skin, blonde hair, blue eyes. I would describe this shade to look like you just squeezed a real raspberry on your lips. It gives the perfect effect of a just bitten sexy lip. Can be worn totally sheer or builded up to be more fierce and therefor makes it perfect for night, day, and all year round. If you want a semi dupe try milanis lipstick in sangria. It's half the price but not exactly the same color and it's a bit drying.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it on other people and on my hand. I think if you can poll it can be really nice. But everytime I want to wear it I finally wear it as a stain because I don't like the bold lip look it gives. I feel there is a kind of fuschia pigment, like a cherry kool-aid color that bring out the olive undertones of my warm skin.I felt the same with MAC Goddess lipstick, there must be some kind of pigment I don't like. If I want to wear plum lippie I prefer Mac Media, which complement better my NC35 skintone. So this I am giving to my sister!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Put this on your TO BUY list. Right. now.

The perfect dark fuschia lipstick. Comes off creamy but has the intensity of a matte.

I always see pictures of people at parties with their lipstick still in tact, and when I ask what they are using, 9/10 their answer is MAC REBEL.

Looks best for a night look but if you're feeling bold, wear it all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by heddalovesrebel

Before i finally bought this i googled it like a million times and swatched it and tried it on in the store many many times. I ended up buying it whilst on my trip to London, and i remember applying it in front of the hotel room mirror and feeling SO badass! My mom thought the color was too "sexy" for me, as i am quite young. I have fair skin and have discovered that yellow based pinks, like mac viva glam Nicki Minaj, really don't suit my skin tone and neither my personality. Therefor this is my "dressing up" or "special occasion" lipstick rather than something like mac candy yum yum. I have been trying to find a matching lipliner as its a satin finish and can sometimes bleed or smudge. If you have small lips like me and like to apply your lipsticks a little bit outside your natural lips, be aware that it can look a little obvious sometimes because of the satin finish. Also remember to apply an extra layer of bronzer if you are pale, as this lipstick can sometimes make you look super pale. Regardless i love this lipstick and will definitely repurchase, and i soon have too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this product as part of the back to mac programme and was dying to try it. It looks scarily dark in the tube but it applies as a sheer purply pink that is buildable in colour. I absolutely love this, it's a perfect fall lipstick, and I'll probably wear it throughout summer as well! I would recommend exfoliating your lips first as mine tend to go flakey with any lipstick I wear, not just this one but it really helps when applying. I love Mac lipsticks in general, the colour pay off, the smell, formulas and packaging are so worth the money! Go and buy this lipstick NOW, its a must have!