MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.5

A rediscovered favorite. One of those lipsticks that I forget how much I like, until I put it on. Great staying power.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

You want to ramp it up? try this gorgeous shade.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Rebel goes surprisingly well with my fair-medium, cool - tone skin. Was afraid this would be just another burgundy, but it's not - it's purplish berryish blackish, without a even hint of brown. Despite sometimes patchy application and the hourly or so touch-ups to the middle of my lips, the color and comfort of Rebel make it one of my top lippies.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Talk about colours that look nothing like the tube!
Rebel is a really unique colour. It looks dark and purple in the tube, starts as berry on my n18 skin, and fades into fuchsia. It literally changes colour on my lips as the day progresses. It's bold but not overwhelming. If you're looking for a more purple lipstick, note that this one definitely has a lot of pink in it (maybe try Amorous if you want it more purple-ish).
The lasting power of this lipstick is like nothing I've seen before - it will fade but it will leave a pretty pink stain that won't disappear even when you eat and drink, and it's the first lipstick I've seen that has never left a stain on the glass while drinking!

Cons: it's drying, you will probably need a lip liner with it as it's hard to apply evenly (mac's Nightingale is an excellent match for a more pinkish look; mac's Vino for more purple-ish), and I think the initial colour (berry) is prettier than the fuchsia it fades into.
Other than that, it's a great and unique lipstick, it's long lasting, and I'm glad I bought it. It looks like nothing else in my collection.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Berry colours are in fashion this year, I'm a brunette with cool toned fair skin, a MAC make-up artist talked me into trying this, even though it's not a colour I usually go for.

"Be daring!", he said. "It's going to look fab on you!', he said. I even got a compliment from a group of girls in the store when I tried it. I bought it.

Rebel looks like a deep vampy berry in the tube and like a deep wine colour on my lips, and goes amazingly with white, silvery and light grey outfits, and simple eye make-up, like only black mascara and some crease colour. It's a statement colour.

And then, I took a photo.

BAM! Purple! Purple everywhere! Not the colour of the wine-purple, but the purple-purple, the unnatural purple, the kind of purple I never signed in for! I didn't want that much of a statement.

If you think of buying this, I strongly suggest that you try it AND take a photo of yourself first. It might photograph differently than it looks.

I guess I'll see if I can salvage it with different liners or by mixing it with other lipsticks.

Rubbish at applying lipstick? Don't buy.

Its the usual brilliant smooth texture of MAC lipsticks, a beautiful floral fragrance, yet, the matte texture dries your lips. It sinks into all the crevices but stains well. You would have to keep re-applying to achieve a fully coated look.

It looks a deep berry shade yet I found it a very hot pink which, personally, I didn't like and felt that I wasted my money. Therefore with it being so pigmented if you male a tiny mistake it is extremly hard to rectify and I would suggest a lip liner. But if your a lippy pro, be my guest for this hot pink lip stick.

I am totally smitten with this little lipstick. I was looking for a darker shade as I felt I wanted to be "on trend" this winter - even if I don't really wear dark shades or too much make up. The MAC person recommended this. I was hesitant at first but then said "yolo". SInce then I have worn every time I have gone out in the evening and a couple of times during the day.

See, that's what I love about it: it may seem dark in the tube, but you can really play with its intensity and build the colour as you like. So I apply it lightly in the day, then might go all out in the evenings. It's very pigmented and long-lasting (survives not only drinks, but pizza too)! The colour is a purple, which my daughter described as "same as that wine" with just the correct amount of brightness.

The only thing I don't like about this is the texture, which is drying. I wish it was a bit more hydrating. Then again, I have never owned a MAC lipstick that did not dry out my lips, so I can live with that.

I love this - it's too early to say if I will repurchase when I run out, as I don't buy lipsticks twice usually. But I definitely recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A beautiful color on my nw20 skin tone the only problems I found were it doesn't apply evenly and it really doesn't seem to be like my other satin lipsticks application wise however it does leave a stain on my lips that lasts most of the day.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this lipstick to go REBEL the boring "plain jane" look with a nude lip and minimal makeup, which is fine for those rare supermodels with naturally unique features we see all over the media.

The rest of us need gorgeous lipsticks to add some extra oomph, like MAC REBEL It is BEAUTIFUL! It is feminine CONFIDENCE in a tube! I receive so many compliments on this from strangers as it stands out and just "pop" spectacularly! You can wear it with whichever fashion look or style you have, whether it's classy and sophisticated, fun, sensual or edgy. Its HOW you wear it!

SERIOUS WARNING: if you wear this, you'll NOT be able to return to the "plain Jane natural/bare-face" look without feeling flat after this little AMAZING lipstick!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

OKAY SO FUNNY STORY....
i bought this MAC lipstick at the outlets (basically factory prices) for like $11.50 usd ! as to the $16 retail price.
** tambien agrego para la gente mexicana que este labial cuesta alrededor de 250 MXN

so my FAVORITE lipstick, smooth to apply, gorgeous color and long lasting! It came in a glitterly case (limited edition?) and i wore it every day thats how much i loved it.

Not so long ago i moved to Mexico with my boyfriend and honestly went to a funeral but i lost my lipstick at my landlords house and i asked her if she had seen it and she said no. fast foward , i go to her house like 3 weeks later and its in her bathroom but i didnt snatch it, i go back in and its gone!!

So my landlord stole my lipstick, thats how amazing it is, everyone wants ahold of it lol.
The only downside i see is that its a LITTLE drying, but if you apply lipbalm underneath the problem is solved. Definetly would buy again

Recommended for Medium Skin