MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Why do people say this is a winter/evening lipstick? I wear it all the time! It's too good to hold back just for special occasions or just one season out of the year. Mind you, I'm older than most of the people on this site and I'm a professional who can wear what I want to in the office. So I choose to wear Rebel. It's just gorgeous. Makes my whole face look fantastic. I never got the whole "nude" lippie thing. I'm very fair, with auburn hair and blue eyes. Nudes are not for me. Blasts of rich wine/raspberry/plum colours make me feel all happy inside. Love this, love this, love this. Just wish I'd known about it earlier!!!

on 3/28/2015 6:59:00 PM

Thought I was going to love this but I was slightly disappointed. I do like it though, its just not as I expected. The colour looks nice and dark but when you apply it to your lips its actually a lot lighter in my opinion. I think I'll try another shade next time!

on 3/28/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Very approachable, baby vamp color. Good lasting time. Comfortable (doesn't make my lips peely and gross). Great on my skin tone.

on 3/10/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted a lipstick that I could wear in the winter and use to transition into the spring. The Mac sales person recommend this one along with other very pink colors. I tend to steer away from plums and darker colors because I tend to buy them and never wear them.

The color definitely looks darker in the tube than on skin, at least for me it does (I have tan skin), but it is definitely a color you can wear everyday, as I have found myself doing since I purchased it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great color, I wish it was slightly deeper in color but it is still gorgeous. It is a dark raspberry kind of color but is unique in the sense that it a purple, pink, and red lipstick at the same time depending on the lighting. It can be worn year round in my opinion, perhaps try a brick red or pink lip liner underneath if you want to wear it in the warmer months. Pairs well with Nars dolce vita blush and some plum or rose toned eyeshadow. It is not too drying as long as you wear lipbalm or gloss on top, and although the dark pink purple color does not last long, the deep pink stain left behind is very long lasting, that you would need to scrub it off the lips! Its not too rebellious in my opinion, its easier to pull of than red for me.

on 2/11/2015 12:47:00 AM

My favorite berry lipstick. I don't consider this vampy at all; it's become a staple in my collection. Perfect for everyday fall/winter

on 1/29/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Rebel is gorgeous!!! It's my go to evening lipstick! On me it's a vibrant midtone berry shade. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Rebel lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful vibrant fuschia pink stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 1/3/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a fair, cool-toned NW15 with dark hair. I thought the cool plummy tones of this would work well with my coloring. And yes, after using this, I do think this shade looks great with my coloring (which is a bright winter), and I can see it working well for almost anyone. It's a dark berry. Much darker if you apply it straight from the bullet. I always dabbed it on for a berry stain. But even then, it was just too dark for me. My DH said it made me look older. Bah! And yes, I do have to agree; it looked just a bit too dark for me, even blotted.

I'm giving it 4 lippies because even though it wasn't for me, the color is beautiful. One lippie off for the drying texture (of most MAC lipsticks).

on 12/31/2014 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

On my NC42 skin, this is a very nice, wearable, berry color. This is probably one of my most worn lipsticks because I find the shade very appropriate for everyday wear. I usually do one swipe, and Im left with a very soft, berry tint. I get compliments every time I wear this. When people find out it's Rebel, they're usually shocked because in the tube it does look very intimidating.

It does leave a stain when you remove the lipstick, but I personally like that.

That being said, the price point is very high, and while I do really like this lipstick, I think I will search for a more affordable option.

on 12/29/2014 12:21:00 AM

I absolutely love the colour, however, I'm not a fan of how it stained my lips. my lips were bright magenta for a day and a half after wearing it for a couple hours, and while it looked nice, I just didn't like how that was my only MAC lipstick I had to get off by scrubbing (and even then it didn't come off completely). If you aren't picky about lipsticks staining your lips then you'll adore this product! I'm just picky.

Popular Lipsticks