Antonia's Flowers Antonia's Flowers Eau de Parfum

3.8

on 8/18/2014 2:21:00 PM

I will agree with others when they say this is an unusual, almost strange, perfume when initially applied; however, the dry down is quite lovely and soft. I don't, however, agree that it's a green fragrance; seems more white to me. I said I'd never buy this fragrance again because I ordered samples from Antonia's Flowers. The price of a bottle of perfume is quite expensive. I'd love to own a bottle but I think I will look for a (good) dupe of this. I love it for work and things like that. But, to me, it's a very romantic perfume. Not sexy. Just romantic. Think of a long-sleeved, high collared white flouncy blouse with a long skirt and high boots kind of romantic. It's very feminine. I actually quite love it. If I can't find a good dupe, I might just have to buy a bottle. It's not something you will be smelling on everyone and their sister.

on 3/26/2008 6:37:00 PM

I had this years ago and it is such a distinctive scent. Its zippy high octane freesia note is not for everyone but then again, this is a unique perfume that is not trying to be all things to all people. It is great in the summertime if you are wearing a crisp white shirt having a margarita (or 2) on a sunny patio somewhere. It is also a v. strong scent so make sure you know that before dousing. The best memory I have of this scent is wearing it when I clerked for a law firm back in the 80's and this mousy nerdy male atty came up to me and told me that my perfume smelled "exciting". (?!?) That's Antonia's Flowers for you!

on 3/24/2006 8:27:00 PM

I am surprised at myself for taking so long to review Antonia's Flowers edt and edp,I have been wearing the fragrance since 1993 , it was my signature summer fragrance in the 90's. I first read of Antonia Bellanca and her inspiration for the freesia based fragrance which was the aroma of fresh freesias in her NYC florist shop, in my Victoria home magazine.Upon reading the description,I could actually smell the fragrance.I had freesias in my wedding bouquet and I remembered the fresh scent and the wonderful memories of my wedding day, so naturally I had to have the fragrance.When I received it, it smelled exactly as I remembered! Fresh ,crisp,cool, pure and lovely freesias!The only difference to me in the edt and edp is that the edp is less green than the edt and heavier on the florals.

on 8/25/2005 9:17:00 PM

When I first applied this perfume the descriptive adjectives running through my mind were not exactly flattering ones. If I were an extremely committed freesia lover, I suppose they might have been somewhat more positive, but freesia is a note I think is hard to successfully translate into a fragrance and this didn't seem to be an exception. However, this fragrance gamely managed to get out of it's freesia rut and as it dried down it became increasingly interesting with the appearance of more florals along with some quite appealing almost honeyed fruit notes. It's not a scent I feel compelled to purchase, but that's due to a personal lack of enthusiasm for freesia. I'm giving it a four rating because I do believe it's a very well composed sweet light floral/fruit scent that would definitely be beautiful on someone more attracted to freesia than I am.

on 6/3/2005 2:39:00 PM

Gorgeous...Fruity, floral with depth.
On me, it starts out with a strong note of flowers, then drys down to a delicate, pretty, pink , and fruity scent. You have to get past the strong blast in the beginning to really appreciate this feminine fragrance. Someone had mentioned a licorice scent, I can also detect it,
very yummy. Also, the packaging is gorgeous and it is wrapped in a
beautiful ribbon and paper. Generous supply of samples were included also. I recieved a free
body lotion during their promo.
Highly recommend layering with the
lotion!

on 1/26/2005 1:23:00 PM

I had to buy this perfume!! I agree with some of the other reviewers that the initially after the first spray there is a strange aroma which settles after 60 seconds or so. Then the most gorgeous "handful of freshly picked freesias" smell intoxicates you. This is such a simple, elegant and beautiful fragrance. The only disadvantage is the staggeringly high price! - try it first to see if it is for you!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When I first received this as a sample, I thought it smelled odd...I gave it a try, and like others have stated below, after about 20 minutes the smell absolutely changed into something beautiful. It's unique and I love it.

on 10/24/2004 12:35:00 AM

I'm sorry to rate this so low when I believe that it is a matter of personal chemistry that is the issue here rather than a defect in the product itself. However, the magnolia note comes out very strangely on my skin. Perhaps it is because of the freesia. When it blends with the lily, the result is just awful. I'm certain that this is not what the perfumer was intending, nor is it what positive reviewers are experiencing when they wear it.

I have one nice thing to say: I like how the sample set includes this in all forms:; edt edp and parfum

on 10/23/2004 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Give this perfume a chance...When I first tried Antonia's flowers I was amazed that this expensive perfume could smell so odd. I was so busy with my baby that I didn't get a chance to scrub it off. Within 15-20 minutes I started to smell this amazing, beautiful soft floral scent. I could not believe that it was coming from my wrist. This perfume is truly amazing and so multifacted. I just love this perfume...it's money well spent!

on 7/28/2004 6:38:00 PM

A cross between rotting flowers and male cat spray.

Popular Fragrances