Trader Joe's Nourish Oil-Free Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer

4.1

Water, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Ethylhexyl (Octyl) Palmitate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate-60, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Sodium PCA, Ethylhexyglycerin (Preservative), Shea Butter Fruit, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Xanthan Gum (Thickener), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Sorbic Acid (preservative), Soluble Collagen, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Palmitate), Pomegranate Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Coffea Arobica (Coffee) Seed, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Stearate, Phytonadione (Vitamin K1), Menadione (Vitamin K3), Hydrolyzed Silk, DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol), Copper PCA, Retinol (Vitamin A), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin D3), Polysorbate-20, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phospholipids

on 2/16/2015 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My favorite moisturizer!! My skin is pretty normal, but can get funky if i use the wrong product. I use this lotion twice a day after Trader Joe's Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser (which I also love!). It feels very light but moisturizes extremely well. I love that it doesn't have spf, because i don't always need to use spf. I apply a sunscreen over this lotion on days when i do need spf protection and it layers very smoothly. It has no fragrance, doesn't cause any irritation or breakouts, and is very affordable! I used to use expensive, high end skin care, but my skin (and my wallet!) have been much happier with Trader Joes!

on 2/15/2015 10:59:00 AM

I have SUPER finicky skin and for whatever reason, my skin loves this lotion! I tried it on a whim and have now been using it daily for almost a year. The ingredients aren't life changing for aging skin (I'm 38), but it is fabulous as a basic moisturizer. I use it in the morning only, before applying sunscreen/makeup. It's light weight, absorbs quickly, and has no scent. Love it and I hope they never stop making it!

on 2/11/2015 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for about 3 weeks now. I like this moisturizer, though it's not HG for me. I comes in a pump bottle which is great. However you can't lock the pump, so this isn't good to travel with. It's fragrance free which is always good. The consistency is a bit thin and light. It blends easily onto my face. It doesn't clog my pores or make my skin dull. However, it doesn't provide enough hydration for winter months. In Spring, Summer, and Autumn this will be perfect. But in Winter I mix this with my vitamin E oil for that added hydration.
It contains great ingredients and the price is fantastic.
So, overall this is a pretty good moisturizer.

on 1/18/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep buying this when I go to Trader Joe's because I don't live near any and would hate to be without it. It's a light weight moisturizer that would seem insufficient for my absurdly dry skin. But it somehow works, feels soothing. I'm not acne prone so don't break out, but get clogged pores and this hasn't happened using the lotion.

It's said to have skin friendly ingredients that would normally be seen in higher end products. I know it feels like it does my skin good, looks better when I've used it, and I miss it when I haven't. I really wanted something like this for ages, though it's not performing miracles , it's a workhorse, non glam type of product that's useful to have. I don't wear it under makeup as it has no spf, but at night when I can't be bothered slathering on, working in, a heavier cream. when I use this in the wintertime I use two pumps worth instead of one.

Cheap, works for me, light weight,
innocuous, moisturizing. Ah try it.♡

on 12/6/2014 9:24:00 AM

I have dry skin and this is too light for me in colder months but it's perfect for warmer months for dry skin or someone with oily skin. Does not irritate my skin.

on 11/28/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is about one of the very few skin products I find myself purchasing over again. My skin feels good after using this. I just wish it was easier to absorb and was even more moisturizing.

on 10/19/2014 12:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my daytime moisturizer, underneath an spf tinted moisturizer. I really like it. One of the few daytime moisturizers that doesn't make me break out! It is a relatively generous amount of product, which makes for a great value. I highly recommend this moisturizer.

on 10/13/2014 7:25:00 PM

I bought this on a whim when I was at trader joes because I was out of my expensive face moisturizer, but too lazy to go to the mall. I remembered a dermatologist that I had previously worked with said the ingredients were better than a lot of high end moisturizers. I never went back to my 50$ lotion. Now I'm on my 3rd bottle. This stuff is amazing. I also like how it doesn't contain sunscreen. If I want sun protection I can apply it separately. This is non-greasy and totally shine free. It looks good alone or under makeup. Definitely recommend this product! Cannot say enough good things about it and for 6 bucks you can't go wrong !!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of the best moisturizers I have ever used in my entire life. I have terrible skin that is both oily and sensitive and riddled with acne scars. This moisturizer has addressed all three of those concerns -- it helps to balance the moisture levels in my skin so that it is not too oily or too dry but simply comfortable and perfect; it has helped to fade my acne scars (I'm not sure which ingredient or combo thereof is doing it but I'm so thankful that it is!) and it makes my skin look dewy and bright. It dries to a perfectly matte finish and absorbs right in after about three to five minutes. My skin glows -- it looks and feels absolutely beautiful. It is soft, milky, and clear. I use two and a half pumps at night time (I don't moisturize during the day) and this keeps my face balanced and happy. This paired with Oxy 10% benzoyl peroxide cleanser (2x/day) has absolutely changed my life and I cannot believe what a difference this combination has made. For five dollars, this moisturizer is a dream in a bottle!

on 3/6/2014 3:38:00 PM

I am really conflicted about this product. On the one hand, I am inclined to repurchase this facial moisturizer because it has a ton of fantastic ingredients going for it at a great price, too. On the other hand, it actually feels and looks greasy even though it is "oil free". Although this Trader Joe's antioxidant moisturizer is lightweight with no obnoxious fragrance, it seems best suited for nighttime use, with daytime application reserved for those who suffer extraordinarily dry skin. In my experience, this moisturizer doesn't stand up to perspiration in hot weather and isn't heavy enough to stand up under extremely dry winter conditions, either. (Ponds "Caring Classic" Dry Skin Cream would be a better defense from extremely dry weather, IMHO.)

The pump on this product may help keep the product sanitary but it dispenses too much, which could also contribute to the shiny appearance this product imparts. I have been working my way through a bottle of this moisturizer for nearly six months, preferring instead my Swanson Health Products facial moisturizer (pycnogenol cream) to this. In my experience, Swanson-brand facial moisturizers seem to absorb better so that they do not alter the look of makeup applied on top. If Trader Joe's would formulate this product to absorb a bit better, it would be perfect. At present, I highly doubt I will repurchase this antioxidant facial moisturizer. Of all the Trader Joe's products I have tried, I am most inclined to use and repurchase their sunscreen.