October 30, 2014 | 1733 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Maddie0582

I never got to like this foundation, I ended up giving it away.
I got it in a darker than usual shade hoping to wear it in the summer, when I got some tan.
It did not work:
- it feels sticky on the face
- looks too done up for a daily make up - especially in the summer
I don't like the effect it gives on my face, I prefer lighter coverage (or at least less obvious).
I tried vsrious ways of applying it - fingers, foundation brushes, stippiling brush and even a damp make up sponge - still - I did not like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by DanaeAllan

This foundation has such mixed reviews, but I can honestly say after trying every drugstore & high end foundation, this has become my holy grail. I always end up coming back to it. I have combination skin, that can be very oily & dry all at once. Not to mention I often look sallow. This evens out my skin tone while not being too heavy & it brightens my complexion all at once.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by balletbeauty7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. I bought it after hearing good reviews from a few different YouTubers. I accidentally bought 1 shade too dark but it blends really well and you can't even tell once I'm all made up. You can see some sparkle through the bottle but it doesn't translate into your face. It has a really natural, medium coverage which I wear on weekends/special occasions. The glass bottle and pump are really good and make the product seem more expensive than it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by imgndstrctn

One of my faves foundation for drug store! Makes my skin looks dewy and buildable coverage without me looking cakey... But it doesn't last very long probably 4/6h Max on a hot day. Doesn't cause my skin to break out and I love the smoothness of it! Still have yet to find the perfect foundation but this is one of my contenders xx

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Emsabells

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is a fairly good foundation. Bear in mind it's only about £9 from Boots/Superdrug, so from the beginning I didn't expect a miracle worker. However, a lot of vlogger's rave about this, and I needed a new foundation, so I decided to give it a go. I like the packaging, maybe not a bright orange, but the glass bottle and the pump are very good. It feels fairly nice on the skin, a little sticky, but still good. I'd say it's medium to light coverage. What I didn't realise is that this is a product mainly for those with dry/normal skin, and since I have an oily t-zone, it did make me shine after a few hours, but most things do to be honest. I do still like it though, I have it in 010 Porecelain, which is too light for me, but once I put concealer/powder on, it darkens down to a close, but not perfect, match to my skin tone. I do like it, but I feel next time I should purchase a more matte foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by sciencedork

When I saw this at the store, I had to get it - Not only was the price decent, but I couldn't find it in the twenty something stores I'd looked in before.
I'd seen this in a blogger's video, and I didn't really want to try it - Too much bad experience I suppose. After plenty of looking, I'd resigned myself to my fate of having to go out with my cheeks bright red and my undereyes looking awful! I figured why not.
I bought this about three weeks ago and can't leave the house without it. Even when I'm not wearing makeup, I'll put it on just to give me the 'fresh' look.

My face is this mix of bright red all over my cheeks, yellow-y bruises under my eyes and my normal paleness which means most foundations wash me out... Not this one.

The coverage is amazing, sure after like ten hours you may have to touch up but what foundation can last that long? I was a bit iffy after I saw the tiny bits of glitter it left on my hand and neck, but it did make my face look like I'd had a good twelve hour sleep so I figured it would be fine.

Downsides are that one, it does have a small smell to it - Not a bad one per say, but a bit of a 2000's make up smell is the best I can describe. Two, I have noticed it does leave a bit of an itch on my neck - Possibly due to sensitive skin... But that's about it.

To me it's worth it, my lucky break so to speak. I ADORE this foundation, and it will be my new staple - I've totally got to try out the concealer next though ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the shade 100 Ivory which is the palest that I can buy here in the Czech Republic. I really don't think that is should be the palest - my skin is pale, but not that much. I use it in the wintertime, it has dewy finish and pinky undertone. The smell is amazing, it lasts for a couple of hours but you really need to fix it and use a primer if you want it to last for a longer time. And it has glitter in it, which might be a problem for someone - but it works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by gl1ttercake

I've used this a few times since I got it. I have the shades Ivory and True Ivory (mixed together in winter, True Ivory on its own in spring/summer).

As I write this, I put this on at 10:30 AM today, and here I am at 8:30 PM, and it still looks fairly good. I could touch up if I wanted to, but it looks just fine as is. I wore it over Mecca Cosmetica's "To Save Face", which is a broad-spectrum physical moisturising sunscreen.

I have combination-oily skin that is experiencing some dryness lately due to the Australian winter. This could cling to dry patches, but I didn't really see it crack on my slight dryness around my nose. I am MAC NW20 (I reckon I'm really NC20, but I did get matched by separate MUAs) and NARS Deauville, with fair to light skin that has a neutral blend of pink and yellow tones.

Some people might be turned off by the sparkle, but I quite like it. Given the SPF 15 in it, I wouldn't wear this out at night as it might have a white cast. I didn't previously think Rimmel was much chop for anything except lip liners, but this foundation is pretty much a home run.

Packaging: I like the orange accents, but the cap doesn't stay on. Don't pick it up just by the cap as this is a glass bottle, folks! It's also too tall to stand in my makeup drawer, so I leave the cap off.

Shade Selection: Ivory is pretty pale, so the PPP crowd is catered for (Rimmel being an English brand, they'd have to have some pale shades!), but I wouldn't say the selection is that great for darker-skinned ladies.

Price: I think I paid $13.00 AUD at Target when it was on sale. It's normally $19.95 or so, a little cheaper than Maybelline and CoverGirl tend to be here, and much cheaper than Revlon, L'Oreal and Max Factor.

Would I buy it again? Perhaps. I love trying the latest and greatest foundations, but this one was quite lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, I bought it as a little "skin enhancer" for when I had my good skin days when I was at sail camp. my skin is VERY reactive and acne prone while also having an oily t zone. here's my review! pros: -lightweight -smells WONDERFUL -leaves my skin glowing -not heavy -has a pump (which did make it more expensive in canada) -lasted through 8hrs of sweating and physical activity cons: -COLOUR SELECTION •I got really tanned and the darkest shade is too light for my summer colour all in all, I really like this foundation. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by meghanbeasley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I have extremely dry skin so I have to use water based foundations. When I first bought this I wasn't too fond of it but I've grown to love it and have been able to make it work for my skin. I used the MAC Face and Body foundation for a while but it is pretty expensive so I turned to this. It covers everything I want, I have a lot of redness around my cheeks and nose, and it leaves my skin looking dewy! I have the matching concealer as well but I prefer the foundation more.