Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 8/27/2015 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

To be completely honest, I hate this product.
I went on a date the other night, did my makeup, my normal routine, of primer, then foundation, then powder, highlight, bronzer, and then I used the Loreal Spray Setter. I was happy with my results, the foundation covered my face, and I was put the door. Until an hour later, I'm with my date I look in the mirror and I was horrified my face was melting off and my makeup was wrecked. So long story short, this product isn't really worth buying. Also for not even wearing it for more than 5 hours got home and washed my face and I had really bad acne starting to come through, when my face wasn't red or anything before I put this on.

on 8/23/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this because I wanted a slightly heavier foundation than my other Rimmel one and as I have pernicious Anemia I wanted something that made me look a bit more awake and less grey. This initially seemed really good and looks pretty good when first put on but after about 2 hours it slides off into nothing and I don't have super oily skin. It contains quite visible glittery particles as well which look a bit too shimmery in daylight. Pretty sure this also broke me out because I hadn't changed anything else in my routine. Not a fan.

on 8/20/2015 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this foundation after hearing so many good reviews about it. It took some time for me to cave and buy this foudation as i feel inlove with macs pro long wear foundation and am very ignorant towards any other foundation. When i finally purchased this product i was left very disappointed first off my the color i purchased the lightest shade yet it my very pale skin look orange and it just wouldnt match my body and i've always wanted to try a dewy finish foundation but because the colour wouldn't match i had to set it with very light powder so it would match my skin this in turn ruint the dewy finish so i never got to experience instead i now just use the nyx dewy finish to set my makeup. I was very disappointed with this foundation and won't be repurchasing it.

on 8/17/2015 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The first couple times I used it, it looked great. Then, I started wearing it to the office and outdoors, but it oxidizes like CRAZY! I looked disgusting, my makeup was sliding off my face and I looked orange.
The office I work at is super air conditioned and always cool, and it still melted off my face. No other foundation I've previously used has done this..

on 8/17/2015 8:41:00 AM

I wasn't to keen on this foundation as it is a thick formula and feels thick on the face and you can feel its there which doesn't feel very comfortable. The shade range isn't to great either, I have fair skin and I purchased the shade "10- Light Porcelain" and it looked very pink on my skin and the pink was very noticeable. I also thought it was strange how it smelt like cucumber- might just be me but it definitely has a unique scent. Also it is very sticky on the face and if you touch your face the foundation comes off on your hands- and that isn't cute:(

Personally I wouldn't recommend this foundation, especially for people with combination skin like myself.

Summary: decent coverage, sticky+thick formula, pinky colour, unique scent, dewy finish.

on 8/13/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this whilst living in the UK since I could not purchase it in the US. I have two shades, Porcelain and Ivory. Porcelain is very, very pink on me when I am tanned, and I have yet to try it in the winter, but I think it will be a better match then. Ivory is quite yellow on me in the winter when I'm super pale, but it is a nice summer foundation for me. I find that this foundation only works on certain days, other days it sits poorly on my skin. So it is kind of hit or miss for me depending on the day. If it's a good day, and the colour match is right, I love this foundation! I really enjoy the fact that it has a pump and the smell is very nice as well. Overall, I would repurchase the foundation if I ran out, even though it is not my absolute favourite.

on 8/13/2015 5:25:00 PM

This has been my go to foundation for at least a year. I have bought this several times and looking back I have found that although it is a 'dewy' finish it is more like a greasy finish, the foundation is quite heavy and wet looking. This said I do repurchase this quite a lot because the price is great, very cheap, the packaging is nice and has a pump which is always a plus. The cons would be the minimal choice of colours and the fact is is very greasy looking more so than dewy. I find that you will need to powder generiously throughout the day. However, I have normal skin so I cant say what it would be like with people with oily skin.

on 8/8/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Tbh i actually like this product, but the colour range is horrible and BREAKS ME OUT BADLY. When you first apply it onto your skin, it looks amazing, but after a few hours, it made my whole face so greasy, especially my t-zone :( the main reason I quit this product is due to the breakouts. Gave me a lot of zits, sadly.

on 8/2/2015 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot for the life of me understand why this is so popular. Shade range is terrible, longevity is appalling and doesn't have the best coverage either. I get the lightest shade and it's way too dark for me to use without fake tan. I wear this foundation just to use it up really but I wear it when I know I'm not going to be out of the house long because it doesn't even last for my 5 hour work shift. I wore it yesterday and when I came home at 2pm it was completely off my face. I use a primer and I use the Urban Decay setting spray as well as a powder and it just does not work (I have normal to combination skin, not too oily). This is definitely my least favourite of the Rimmel foundations, if you want to try the others i'd recommend the Lasting Perfection because it lasts a long time.

on 8/2/2015 10:19:00 AM

I find it very difficult to find foundations that suit my very pale skin tone, so ivory shades instantly make me orange. When I saw that Rimmel made a new light porcelain shade, I decided to try this foundation. It is more pink than yellow unlike a lot of drugstore foundations, the pink is perfect for paler skin tones.
I apply this with my Beauty Blender and I love how it looks. It makes you look refreshed and redness is toned down. You can't really see the little shimmers on your face most of the time, but you can when in certain lighting.
I get very oily on my forehead and nose, but I did get it to stay on my forehead but not so much on my nose. I use a primer but I just struggle to get it to stay on my nose, even with a matte setting powder. I've heard that this foundation is good for dry skin, but if my skin is a little dry, the foundation does show this.
I do still have to wear concealer with this under my eyes and on any acne, but I do like the foundation and also the scent.