January 31, 2015 | 1883 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2015 10:18:00 AM More reviews by vikuliuxasxas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was using this product for a long time but few weeks ago I started don't like this product because foundation is quite heavy and after 1 hour my face looked patchy(if this is even a word) in some areas i just looked orange I dont know why it just started to look like that maybe the foundation was out of expire date but happyly today bought a new foundation "maybelline dream matte mousse" going to try this out:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 7:30:00 AM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My first day wearing this foundation, and oh goodness, I'm impressed. I bought this because it was relatively inexpensive and a certain YouTube goddess had raved about it being her favourite foundation of all, high or low end.

Well, I can see her point. It glides on like silk and makes my face luminous, not oily or shiny, but not matte either. It's a gorgeous finish. I do use the lightest shade and it is a bit too dark/yellow for my fair skin, but with a bit of MUFE setting powder it's absolutely fine.

Yesterday, I was wearing a matte foundation and was dismayed to look in the mirror of the office bathroom at 2:30 and find part of my face peeling from dryness... and I have oily skin (blotting 3-4 times a day). It's these Canadian winters - that freezing wind does a number on your skin!

I get a sense that the peeling won't happen with this foundation. I really love the look and feel of it, even though it's not precisely a perfect skin match I would say yes, I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2015 7:48:00 PM More reviews by EllieRichardsxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I used to wear this foundation before I got into high end makeup. From what I remmber it did seem quite oily, but also I did used to cake my makeup on back then so that may of had something to do with it, I also remmber the colour wasn't great on me. After seeing this foundation pop up again, I'm gonna try it again soon and see how I get on the second time around, as I love dewy finishes. (Not oily!)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Chanelthischanelthat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am so conflicted honestly. I want to say this is one of the best foundations I've ever used, when i wore it I though my skin looked dewy, had an amazing coverage and it smelled SO good. When I was wearing it the only problem I had was the lightest shade was way to orange for me, and so I'd have to wear a lot of the product and bronzer on my neck. However, looking back I remember it not sitting well on blemishes, looked super oily on my already oily T - zone and blocked my pores. It could just be me being bitter about the colour not being right, but I do know that if the pigment wasn't so orange it would be my go to foundation - despite a harsh hindsight. Overall, it is a good foundation for dry skin, and it didn't break me out at all. Just the goddamn colour range

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2015 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Amalielv

This is a great foundation if you have dryer skin. It feels light(a little bit sticky but nothing crazy) and gives a nice light coverage. It lasts about 8 hours on me without powder and I think it's a great spring/summer foundation. Bad things about it: it looks weird with powder, and it looks really shimmery with powder. Also there isn't a lot of colours, witch is really annoying, but it's pretty light so it doesn't matter.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2015 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Lumpytacos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

A good foundation, but ruined with those tiny shimmers! When I put this on in the morning, it's hardly noticeable but during the day, I resemble Edward Cullen! Has medium to full coverage which makes my dry patches quite noticeable.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2015 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Heliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Horrible foundation. I wanted to try it because it's supposedly a good foundation for dry skin and I saw a lot of positive reviews.
First of all it's not hydrating, it's greasy. Second of all I don't even have that much problem with facial hair (that blond peach fuzz) but this foundation makes me look like I'm hairy on the face, it sticks on every single little soft hair from my fuzz and it looks disgusting.
It blends really hard and the finish is unbelievably greasy.
It does come in a very pretty bottle with a pump and that's the only positive thing I'd have to say.
This foundation is a NO-NO for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2015 6:46:00 AM More reviews by BelleWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I HATE HATE HATE this foundation!

Pros: the packaging is quite nice, it has a pump which I'm always fond of, and the product smells really nice- it smells very clean and fresh... that's where the positives end.

I simply don't understand what people were ever raving about, I'd seen how well-loved the product was, so decided to purchase it in the lightest shade, which was a fairly neutral undertone but matched my level of paleness quite well, but was slightly on the dark side.

This foundation though, is horrible to use, I found. It does not blend at all, no matter what I tried! It's very thick, and I want to say it has good coverage, but it had to be scraped across my skin to get any form of coverage, which isn't what I want in a foundation! Considering I couldn't get it onto my skin successfully, I can't say anything positive.

Once on my skin, I found it just clung to any dry areas I had, didn't look even, made me look like I was some form of neon alien, and didn't help to make my skin tone look even, which is all possibly because it WOULD NOT BLEND, which I'm far from impressed about.

As I didn't want it to be a complete waste of money and simply bin it, I did find another use for it, however; it works nicely as a highlighter! Considering it doesn't blend well or move, it can create a nice, subtle glow on my cheekbones if I just stipple a bit on.

SUMMARY- if you want to buy an £8.99 foundation that won't blend, sits on dry areas and is generally useless, but makes for an okay highlight, this is your product. I don't recommend it, personally.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2015 3:09:00 AM More reviews by hannahbeautyxoxo

It honestly makes me so sad that I really didnt like this product. I bought it a few days ago at a half off sale after hearing so much hype and great reviews behind it. Overall Im not entirely impressed with the prices here in australia. Its $19.95 RRP and with rimmel being quite a low end brand I would expect it to be a little cheaper. However I do really love the packaging, it comes in a thick glass bottle and has am orange lid. Alot better qaulity then say the flimsy powder packaging they have.

I am however very impressed with the shade range. I got mine in the shade 100 ivory and its the perfect shade for me. It has some yellow undertones which i like in a foundation as it covers up my discolouration from being so pale, from viewing the shade ranges they definetley have a wide range compared to other brands.

The finish I found was very poor. The reviews I read said it was a very dewy, lightweight foundation which was exactly the kind of foundation I wanted- something that had the option of looking dewy or powdered into matte. I used one pump and used an oval foundation brush to apply it. In the first few minutes, you literally look flawless- no pores, imperfections, discolouration, nothing. But then after anout 5 minutes, it stsrts to wear off.

Even after putting a pore refining mosturiser and primer, it sunk into my pores and was extremely noticeable, enough that my cousin had sent me to the bathroom to look at my foundation. The coverage had mostly disappeared, making my face look like a marbled white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. After applying the foundation- I immediantly set it with maybelline dream matte- the strongest matte powder I own. Already the foundation had drained all the powder and I was an oil slick again, and, like every other rimmel face product ive tried, it caked around my blemishes and oxided to a bright orange.

PROS
-nice shade range
- decent coverage
- steady packaging

CONS
- oily instead of dewy
- coverage wears off quickly
- cakes around blemishes
- sinks into pores easily

Overall I am not overally impressed with this product, I feel like its kinda a waste of $10, maybe I havent played around with it enough but so far....eh, not a fan. Maybe for dry skin people it works better, but defintley a thumbs down for a girl with oily skin. At this stage I wont be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2015 11:06:00 AM More reviews by clfulford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have light, sensitive, dry/combination skin, and this product did not work for me sadly. I bought the second lightest shade "true ivory" as I'm light skinned but not exactly fair, and it looked fine at the store but when I got it home I realized how dark it looked in the bottle, more like a medium tan shade. And it is quite dark on my skin...I've had this problem before with rimmels bb cream, where the lightest shade is more like a medium shade.

I also looked at the bottle in the light, and I could see sparkles all over the inside of the bottle. I had heard some reviewers say that this stuff was loaded with sparkles and some said they saw none, so I just wanted to see for myself, and voila! It IS loaded with sparkles! Not fine shimmer, sparkles/glitter! Now I love some sparkle on my lids, but its not a good look to have them all over your face....... And its VERY noticeable in any light. I don't know why Rimmel would do this.....it just ruins it...for that fact alone I would never buy this again, but I gave it 2 stars because they did get ONE thing right with this product, and that's the packaging. I am not a fan of the colour orange, but it works for this product because its fresh and summery, and I love the glass bottle with the pump, and the foundation smells really nice!

As for the foundation itself, minus the added glitter particles, I find it to be kinda greasy but also very drying, its a weird consistency...its greasy when you first apply it, then it dries out quickly and brings out flakes on my skin that weren't visible before, it looks just awful..and I always moisturize before applying makeup...none of my other foundations look like this when applied.

Overall I won't buy this again and dont suggest anyone with very fair/light, dry OR oily skin to use this (may be fine for normal skin types?). Or anyone who doesnt want glitter all over your face. Although for those who already have it like me, one reviewer suggested to only use it on rainy/cloudy days so the sparkles don't show up, so I will give that a try. Or i thought about maybe using it to contour seeing as its a bit too dark for me (although the sparkles aren't ideal for contouring....sparkles highlight, the opposite of contouring) or maybe mix it with something? I dont like to waste $$ so ill try my best to find a use for it...as long as i can solve the drying effect it has on me, i can deal with the sparkles.

what i originally wanted was rimmels match perfection foundation but I can't find it anywhere! Just the matching concealer is available (I'm near Toronto/Ontario Canada so I've looked at rexall, shoppers, target, and Walmart and none carry the match perfection )