Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.7

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 4/15/2015 5:06:00 PM

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.
I prefer to buy more expensive foundation, but when I don't have much money I will ALWAYS buy this. I think it has amazing coverage (medium) and blends so well. It covers any blemishes and spots.

Many people say that this foundation makes them look 'glittery' or 'shiny', I don't think this is as bad as it is made out. Once you use some powder, this is toned down and leaves a lovely finish. It's leaves a dewy illuminating finish.

I recommend this to anyone with normal to combination skin. I'm not sure how this would go on anyone with particularly oily skin.

(this product can come off a little 'orange' sometimes, i usually get a colour lighter than i am)

on 4/12/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I used this product for at least three weeks.
Pros:
-It didn't break me out at all
-It gives a sheer coverage which doesn't get cakey if blended in well
-It doesn't get extremely oily
-It's terribly cheap, I paid around 8 dollars for it
-The packaging is alright and it has a pump

Cons:
-It has some type of glitter in it (little shiny spots which you can really see in the sunlight)
-It has a strong fragrance which, even though isn't horrible still puts me off
-Lasts around 4 hours before getting weird

Overall, even though I wouldn't buy it again, it's a great foundation for the drugstore.

on 4/6/2015 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i like this don't get me wrong, however im not in love with it. i use it in the summer and it gives me a fresh, healthy and natural look which is always a plus, but im really not sure about how i feel regarding the tiny shimmers mixed in with it. i used to get worried i'd look like a vampire from twilight or a giant disco ball, however after much reassurance i am convinced i don't.
pros-
gives a healthy, natural, and fresh look (as its not high coverage and is dewy)
its great in person and in photos
cheap
easy to get hold of
cool bottle
lasts ages
has a nice little pump which is more hygienic

pros-
doesn't have a very wide variety of shades
glass bottle

on 4/5/2015 10:41:00 PM

This is one of my favourite foundations - ever. The only reason I cannot give it full top marks is the limited colour range. Nevertheless, shade shopping with Rimmel has never been the battle with me that it can be with other brands. I find Rimmel foundations to be very neutral.

What I like about this one (and I also love their 24 hour rendition) is the solid medium, buildable coverage, the easy blendibility with skin (thanks to neutral tones) and that is feels like skin. I think the caffeine and lets skin breathe, while the added peptides invite moisture to plump the skin. All kinds of goodies in this one.

The illumination is perfectly balanced and so delicate that you could add more to your cheekbones if that's your thing. I actually dust the skin under my eyes with a very pearlized LE Mineralized Skinfinish.

I have 10-12 foundations in my drawer right now, but this is the only I reach for (unless I am playing :) and the only one I continue to buy.

on 4/3/2015 5:13:00 AM

I like the texture of this foundation. It is fresh and it makes your skin glow (in a good healthy way). What I really dislike is the colour. I mean, ivory is definitely not ivory. It is a medium beige that goes towards the orangey side. I prefer the foundation to be lighter and fix it with bronzer and blusher than to be darker, cause there is really not much I can do with that. It is wearable, but you can definitely notice the orange tone if you look closely and this is the reason I will not repurchase.

on 4/2/2015 3:30:00 PM

Have had this foundation for a while. Got it from Wilkinson at a very reasonable price for less than five bucks. It has got medium coverage with a dewy finish with an added SPF 15. I don't use it on a daily basis as I am more of a BB cream person. On first application it looks fresh and glowy, however as the day goes by it can look a bit greasy and having an oily T-zone doesn't help. Anyway it's a decent foundation otherwise with some staying power.
Would recommend it to anyone with less oily skin.

on 3/31/2015 6:55:00 PM

at the moment, this is my go to foundation. I've been wearing it every day for the past two weeks after buying it last year and only using it once or twice, and received multiple compliments on how fresh and and good my skin looks. I have combination skin, with a few spot scars around my chin area. The coverage of this foundation is light/medium but can be buildable, it smells fresh, the packaging is hygienic and easy (pump lid) and it is perfectly affordable. The foundation is totally blendable, sits and stays really well on my skin (6+ hours with MAC's fix+)and has a gorgeous glowy finish. I noticed a kind of glitter in the foundation within the bottle before applying for the first time which made me a little apprehensive of the fact I could look like a shiny moonhead after blending in but it literally looks perfect on. I have a minor amount of dry patches on my face and this foundation did not stick to them or accentuate them at all. I love it. My only tiny complaint is that their palest shade isn't actually that pale. I have to be slightly more tanned than my natural skin tone for this to match my skin perfectly.

on 3/20/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have bought this foundation a couple times now. I have a really oily tzone. This foundation makes it even worse. I do like the foundation on the rest of my skin. But after a few hours it just slides of of my tzone. Won't use this in the summer, but for winter times when my skin is less oily it works great

on 3/20/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I'm the type of woman who will not leave the house without at least foundation on....as my skin is rubbish....its dry...tiny bit oily in the usual t zone....and a few yrs ago just to make it worse. ...I got adult acne...yay! So I wear the fullest cover foundation that agrees with my skin....vichy dermablend ....in nude! This has been my foundation go to for years....but now my acne is not as horrific as it was due to medication. ...its still drier then ever and I have been left with red scars all over my chin area...rest of skin clear but bit dry!
So I decided it was time for a change and I got this wake me up foundation .....knowing it wasn't full cover but I don't need full cover all over...just on my chin!
I love this make up its like a dupe for mac sculpt (which broke me out sadly)....this is lighter coverage but builds up to a meduim cover...but still don't cover my reddish scars aswell as I'd like...so I had an idea....all I need is full cover on my chin....so I used a little of my vichy dermablend mixed in with a bit of this wake me up foundation and got full cover on just my chin....nude and true ivory are so close in colour. ..so I use dermablend as a consealer too....and also have dermablend in opal which is one shade up from nude...I use that to highlight and conseal darker marks....but I get to wear this fab foundation all over with added coverage on just my skin. ...and best thing about it....is its lightly moisturising for dry skin....and has vitamin c in it!
So any girls reading this who have dry acne prone or acne scarred skin who think they have to wear the fullest cover foundation....you don't. ...use this and your full cover (because you'll have both in similar colours).....just on areas you need it most....its better for rest of your skin to breath! If you have any questions or want any advice....send me a message...cos no one's perfect and your not the only one with imperfect skin....I should know!:)

on 3/17/2015 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

A good no frills foundation with light coverage and a satiny finish. I like to use it on days off or when I don't need to achieve a polished look. Easy to blend, decent range of shades, it's usually on offer in one of the drugstores, so can't really moan value for money. Considering how easy it is to get it wrong even when buying high end foundations with a much more expensive price tag, I think it's handy to have it in your stash. Personally I also like to use it to correct some shades that are too pale for my skin. Overall, one of the best drugstore foundations.