October 23, 2014 | 1859 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by silverkoala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately, the foundation is difficult to wear in many situations. if it's too humid, if it's hot, if you need to rush out the door to grab a bus/train... Every time I use this foundation I'm just hoping the weather would be perfect (cool, dry) and THEN it works great. Otherwise it just looks like it never dried out...and wayyy too oily. I'm in my mid 30's with combined skin. For this money many brands have better foundations, such as Sisley :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Adorezy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am somewhere between MAC NC15 and NC20, but NC15 is too pale, so I usually call myself NC20. I was matched to Pro Lumiere 10 Limpide when Pro Lumiere was still available, and I absolutely loved it. Since it was discontinued, I tried almost all the other Chanel foundations, but this Vitalumiere seems the worst.

First of all, 10 Limpide is way too dark for me - I looked at myself under a natural lighting and it was horrible, my neck is probably 4 shades lighter than my face.

Secondly, it oxidises...(or is it really the true colour?) It turns orange on my face, and I look so dull. I've tried to mix it with a pure white liquid foundation (which was especially designed for makeup artist to adjust the shades of foundation), and it is lighter, but still have the orange undertone... I just wanted to use up all of the foundation - it is expensive and I still have half a bottle left... I guess I can still use it up if I don't mind coming to work every day with an orange face...

Won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by adriana09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love during the winter
Hate during the summer

It's moisturizing, great for fall/winter/spring and smells very good like the signature chanel scent. Its more of a medium coverage and finish is dewy and skin-like which I really like for everyday or night time. Oddly enough, when I wash it off my face feels very soft which I can't complain about.

During the summer, this foundation feels heavy and I just stay away from it because it makes me feel like my skin can't breathe so I opt for the oil free vitalumiere aqua foundation which is much "lighter" in weight and texture.

I recommend for dry to normal skin but definitely test it for a day before purchasing

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a free sample of this out of a magazine in "Beige/30" which frankly, is too dark for me. Meanwhile it is heavily scented (like a floral perfume) and provided a natural-looking finish with a lasting amount of medium coverage.

I have dry skin and this felt nice - not too heavy, but certainly not "weightless". I can tell I have foundation on.

For $70+ there is NO WAY I will buy the full bottle.
I am sticking to Beauticontrol and MUFE for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by camilka

Perfect winter foundation. Moisturizing and absolutely lovely for my very dry skin (needs a lot of TLC during swedish winters).
Too moisturizing for summer but i like to add some of it to the dryer foundations.
It just gives you such a healthy glow! Some problem areas shine through but I dont really bother caring when skin look so happy all in all.
If you want to powder, use something a little illuminating and not super matte cause it defeats the purpose of vitalumiere.

Light/Medium coverage.

I use the shade Limpide which is a dead on NC15.

I love Chanel <3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by starzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

When winter comes, i get really dry skin around my nose. I usually use chanel vitalumiere aqua, but i get flaky skin around that because of the alcohol in it. Went to chanel and she suggested the vitalumiere foundation. The colour is totally different from the aqua; I'm a b20 in the aqua but using a 10 for the vitalumiere. I only use this on my dry skin area around my nose, and the vitalumiere aqua around the rest of my gace, because my skin gets a bit oily after 4-5 hours. The vitalumiere is quite moisturizing, so if you have oily skin that means it will slide and disappear after a while, hence why i only use it on my dry skin. The coverage is quite light, which is good enough for me. Concealer can be added on top if needed. After using this, i get a lot less flakiness on that area (bearing in mind that I've still got the heating on atm!) so its doing its job i can happily say. Matches well with my b20 vitalumiere aqua. When summer comes, i think I'm gonna stop this foundation until winter returns.
As for the packaging... I find that the cap isn't very secure. It clicks on yes, but comes off quite easily. Just a point to bear in mind if you're travelling with this!
I love this foundation as this means i can continue using my vitalumiere aqua foundation throughout winter :) can't remember how much it costs, but this is really the only foundation I've been using and I'm very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Kristinaaxo

I really do love this foundation. Before this foundation I was using MAC face and body however I found it too light. It was difficult whether to get the Chanel Vitalumiere or the YSL Touche Eclat foundation which I hear is also beautiful. I wanted a night time foundation that made my skin look beautiful - not natural to the point where I’m not wearing anything, natural is beautiful but then there is also nothing more beautiful than seeing a woman who has taken the time to make herself look proper and beautiful. The consultant put the Vitalumiere on my skin, I don’t know if it was just her hands but it felt so nice being brushed on my skin it almost made me want to fall asleep! The Vitalumiere made my skin look healthy and extremely smooth, it was literally like velvet! The only key to making your skin look natural with this finish is to get the right colour. I have already noticed a positive change in my skin, my skin feels smoother. I have just started using pure vitamin e oil (Invite available at Priceline) so my skin have improved from that but I do remember a day after I used Chanel even after washing my face from makeup my face felt smooth as if the moisturising ingredients separated from the makeup and fed my thirsty skin. I strongly recommend this foundation for those with dry skin. The price is expensive, it cost me $86 AUD but I did find it worth the money as it does wonders for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dry to normal skin and was looking for a good foundation to wear during winter as i spend a lot of time outdoors and so my skin got quite a battering.I was recommended to try this by Chanel in Birmingham ,UK and i really liked it. You don't need a lot for a low coverage(1 dollop was enough for me) but more may be needed for higher coverage.I think this is ideal for dry to normal skins as it has a thicker slightly oily texture. Overall i'm very pleased with it as it makes my face look even toned and healthy looking even when i don't feel particularly fantastic.Whilst wearing this i also don't look overly made up,very natural looking. If i have to be critical i would say that it is expensive at £31 thereabouts for 30mls and the top comes off all by itself when it is stored sometimes but i'm nit picking here to be balanced.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Whilst this foundation is lovely.. It would be better suited to drier/normal skin types as i have oily skin and of course i was not expecting any oil control. This is a lovely foundation in general gives a beautiful dewy finish with a low-medium coverage which can be built.. It has a lovely fragrance to it.. But unfortunately for my oily skin the lasting power was not there.. But as per above this would be great for drier skin types.. I prefer the Vitalumiere Aqua over this which has a more Semi-Matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Andiec100

I'm a bit of a foundation junkie and never quite stick to one for too long, but Chanel until I switched to Lancôme was my go-to foundation. This is a fantastic foundation for night time, I wouldn't recommend for day wear as it is heavy and having very pale skin, even the lightest colour by day would have looked far too dark on my face. And the major plus for Chanel for me is that it looks wonderful in photos - best photo make up I have had, anyone who compliments my pics always pic the ones where I wear Chanel. About as expensive as other upmarket foundations and just as long lasting, deffo recommend.