MAC Gel Lipstick

3.8

on 7/9/2014 12:17:00 PM

I love this for layering. I put Gel over my other lipsticks to take it downs shade or two and add a little shimmer! Beautiful!

on 1/5/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love Gel and will repurchase again and again. Very pretty, shimmery, frosty, pale, champagne shade. I usually wear this with MAC Instant Gold lipgloss and if I'm wanting to wear lipliner, I use MAC Oak.

on 3/29/2013 4:35:00 PM

I bought this because one of my favorite youtubers (Pink So Foxy) loves this lipstick + because Britney used this in oops I did it again, sometimes and i'm a slave for you. I LOVE THIS lipstick so much, it's a staple for me now. I don't use a lipliner and wear this lipstick by itself. It's a brownish copper gold colour on my lips. Very subtle because I have very pigmented lips.

on 1/14/2013 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

GOT THIS AS MY BACK-TO-MAC PRODUCT. I LOVE IT! IT LAYERS GREAT AND LOOKS GOOD BY ITSELF WITH A LITTLE LIP LINER. IT IS A LITTLE 80'S IF YOU USE IT TOTALLY ALONE BUT NOT IN A BAD WAY. I HAVE TAN SKIN, BEING BIRACIAL (D35 IN SEPHORA SHADES). THIS IS A GREAT TRANS-FORMATIVE LIPSTICK TO ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION. IF YOUR ON THE FENCE... JUST GO BUY IT!

on 10/31/2011 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product a few years ago by mail order after I read that Britney Spears had used it in her videos "sometimes" and "oops.." but I really wish I hadn't! The colour is a horrible frosty gold and looks extremely pale on my lips. The texture also made my lips very dry. I don't recommend it!

on 10/31/2011 12:49:00 AM

I always agonize over which MAC lipsticks to buy (don't we all, girls?), and really had a hard time with this one. I saw what it looked like in an online review and it was so beautiful in the tube and on the girl reviewing it that I just had to have it. I knew deep down this wasn't a color for me. It just kind of whites out my lips and accentuates every little line, and my lips aren't really wrinkly or chapped. It a very pale pearly gold, and if you are tired of gold lipsticks being to warm or too yellow, this is a nice alternative. However, that makes all the difference in how I was able to use it. The subtle pale color and frost make it divine over other lip colors. It transforms pinks into coral, reds into deep bronzes or browns, purples into plums. My favorite MACs to mix it with are Chatterbox and Viva Glam I. Sure, you could just go out and buy bronze or coral lipstick, but it won't have as much dimension and interest as it does when I layer Gel over something else. For that reason, it's a keeper.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got excited about this color swatch on MAC's website. However, once I tried it on the color was far too light on my fair skin (I'm an NW20). Ultra shimmery and golden, just is not flattering on my light skintone. Works well once I blend with a second darker color.

on 2/17/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

gel is a truly lovely and shimmery color! although it wasn't what i was looking for, i was pretty impressed by the results. i was looking for a nude-like, yet shimmery lip color, and i came by gel, so i thought it might be good. it's pretty light, i can tell you, and is more like a lip gloss! it didn't look too well on me though because it's a tad lighter then my skintone (total disappointment!) but overall, it's really nice and i use it as a lip gloss. (:

on 4/13/2009 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

MAC Gel is a staple in my collection .. but this is a lipstick where you really have to play up your eyes to wear. It's an ultra shimmery pale nude with beige shimmer and tons of frost. This is a lippie that's better topped with gloss to really make it shine. If you're pale, this will likely wash you out .. but on my MMM/NC42 skintone, this rocks a smokey eye!!

on 1/17/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like Gel. It is just too beige to look right on me. I also found it to be pretty drying.

Popular Lipsticks