Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment Vanishing Formula

3.6

Active Ingredients Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5% Acne Treatment Inactive Ingredients Water , Bentonite , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Glycerin , Emulsifying Wax NF , Polysorbate 20 , Glyceryl Laurate , Cetyl Dimethicone , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Xanthan Gum , Sodium Citrate , Disodium EDTA , Citric Acid , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

on 7/8/2015 11:28:00 PM

I love this acne treatment formula. I usually brake out around my menstrual cycle, but when ever I use this it keeps it under control without drying my skin out. I use it at night before bed and a little under my makeup. I recommended it to my teenage sister who was breaking out and literally the very next day her breakouts were minimized and her skin looked refreshed.

on 6/27/2015 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What the hell is the point of making an "acne fighting solution" if there is silicone in it?! Hm, that seems a bit counter productive, doesn't it? That's a trigger for so many people! I don't really use much for my skin, but I purchased this because it was advertised as a "vanishing cream formula". Now, I'm not that naive to think it would be 100% effective, but I thought it would help dry up a zit or two that my TOTM brings. Seemed to make the area worse and I'll bet silicone is the prime reason why. So, let's get our heads out of the gutter, skin care "pros", and leave pore clogging silicone OUT of products intended to help clear up skin.

on 6/21/2015 3:33:00 AM

I bought this for my rare brakeouts on my forehead and around my mouth once summer rolls around. This product ran me about $6. It is tiny and the formula was really runny. I can get past all those things, but the product itself did nothing for my breakouts. It smelled funny, dried my skin out, and left a white film over the spots of application. Do not buy. Not worth it.

on 6/5/2015 11:24:00 AM

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews for this, it has worked well for me. I suffered from acne as a teenager, but it came back even worse as an adult, after pregnancy. I've tried everything for the red, cystic hormonal acne that makeup doesn't even cover. I have tried various over the counter treatments, as well as a prescription antibiotic treatment and now retin A. I've been using the Retin A for a month now with no improvement. I read somewhere that a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment works well in conjunction with Retin A. I applied a little bit of this product about 30 minutes after applying the Retin A, and the acne was gone by the morning. Not sure how well this works on its own, but the result for me has been miraculous.

on 4/5/2015 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This never worked for me.
It was not as drying as some can be but it did not really work for my blemishes.
I prefer clean and clear BP from the drugstore or even the up and up version from target worked really well.

on 3/12/2015 7:16:00 AM

This product literally burned the areas where I applied the product. Do a patch test before applying.

on 2/8/2015 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

After using this for 4 nights in a row, this has really broken me out, so not only am I dealing with the original acne I was trying to clear up with this stuff, I now have a whole new set of problems! I think it might be the capric triglyceride that caused the problems, because my skin looks very congested and clogged.

on 6/18/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Broke me out! I tested this on my chest first, where I've never had a pimple in my life! That nite I put tiny amount on acne on chin. Today I have painful bumps/cysts way way deep under skin. And.. One on my chest!!! Def this stuff. Maybe I'm allergic & break out in horrible cystic acne using this.. Who knows. I recommend testing & waiting a full 24 hrs before u put on ur face.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know whether to like this or hate it. I recently broke out in some of the worst cysts of my life. (From drinking one! whey protein shake. Turns out whey and I are enemies.) I usually use Clean and Clear Persagel on hormonal cysts, but despise its drying properties, and how when you get to the bottom of the tube it somehow stops being effective… So I bought this. Combined with raw honey, MUAC's mandelic acid peel, and ice cubes, On the Spot took down three pea-sized, painful suckers in less than two days. HOWEVER - I don't know if it's my skin or the product, but the scars that remain are HORRIFIC. Hyper-hyper-pigmentation, way worse than anything left using Persagel. I'm very pale, and admittedly scar easily, but this seemed to actually turn the usual acne marks DARKER. Though the cyst bumps are gone, the area looks worse than before… I can't see these fading in under six months. So - although it's very good at obliterating huge cysts, the aftermath is not something I'm willing to deal with again. I'm dreading the battle between scars and concealer tomorrow morning.

on 5/14/2014 2:10:00 AM

Didn't really do much for my acne. Makes your skin very dry & my acne did not disappear like others. Then again, I have always had problems with my acne. Probably will not be buying this again, hopefully something will work eventually!

Popular Treatments (Face)