September 30, 2014 | 1758 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Match Perfection

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by stars22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Lasts more than 5 hours
- The colors are reasonable (mine matched me perfectly)
- Doesn't look cakey or obvious that you're wearing makeup
- Easy to build up

Cons:
- Is medium coverage, so it doesn't cover everything (but you can just build it up)
- After 8-10 hours with no touch up, it looks a LITTLE bit dry (but it's only a little if you look closely and you can repowder or reapply concealer after 5-6 hours to keep it lasting longer)
- The packaging suuucks. There's no pump and I always end up accidentally spilling a bit more product on my hand than I wanted to.

Let me just add that a lot of people are saying it looks dewy and slippery and it melts quickly and not good for oily skin. If that's so, I suggest every person with oily skin invest in No7's Matte Makeup Base, because I use that as a primer and then I put this foundation on and NO PROBLEMS. In fact, I can put almost any foundation on top of this makeup base and I get little to no grease or dewiness or anything. It's great. So if you pair this foundation up with that other product, you really won't have a problem (unless you have dry skin and want some dewiness to your complexion.

This is my favorite drugstore foundation so far

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by ZoyaMehdi

The name of this product is match perfection, yet i believe the colour range wasn't the best. I purchased it in the shade 201, which is the only shade closest to my skin tone. I wasn't pleased with the results as it gave my face a dull and greasy finish. I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good quality drug store foundation. It's light coverage that could be built up to medium but really does look like your skin but better. It gives a dewy finish, so if you're very oily, I would stay away (I am on the oily-combo side and set it with a loose powder). It does have a very runny consistency so I've found it's best to apply with your fingers. The only downside is that there's no pump on the bottles in the US, and the bottle opening is huge. It can get messy.

The smell is very different from other foundations. It almost reminds me of a household cleanser. It isn't very strong and does fade almost immediately.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This is an alright foundation, but there are definitely better options out there. Firstly, 'match perfecting'... When I put this foundation on in the morning before work I thought that it worked really well with my skin tone! Which is amazing because I have very pale skin. After work I looked in the mirror and the foundation had actually turned more of an orange-toned colour sadly. The staying power isn't too fabulous, I used the 'match perfection' loose powder to set this and unfortunately by the end of the working day it was half off my face in patches. It also had a kind of oily feel to it. The coverage is medium, but build-able. I have acne scars and acne and this covered okay. It has a pleasant smell (in my opinion) and it comes with very nice packaging. It is also easy to remove at the end of the day. I would not buy again, Rimmel has much better foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by fallenoffwings

I like it. It's got a good texture and consistency to it, although I find that I need to use a fair bit for good coverage. It smells good, and the match is pretty good, (mine is in 102 Light Nude for NC-25 skin - I originally tried True Beige, which was a little too dark). It lasts for quite a while, although I use a primer and because my skin is oily, a lot of powder to set it, as it will slip around my T-zone.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by skinjazz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff actually makes my skin look prettier than it actually is- it looks natural, it wears well. I am very surprised this does not have a higher general rating. My only gripe is the rather strong scent, but I can live with that, and it fades after a while. Very pleased.

Update: This caused a major rash on my face- it felt like my skin had been burnt, and was red and blotchy and tender to the touch. Before I tried this, I had been using mostly natural products and mineral makeup, and my skin felt happy and healthy. Some chemical or perfume in this really did not agree with me. This may be fine for people with tough, normal skin, but if you have sensitive, problematic skin like mine, then simple mineral makeup is best. (preferably bought from independent sellers like those on etsy, as they keep it really simple and don't add loads of unnecessary, irritating ingredients)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by XLexxyX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this foundation.The only good thing is that it looks natural on my skin. But after 3 or 4 hours (at most) it dissapears from my face . Poor product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the color range for me was amazing, i have the shade soft ivory and its perfect. this is hydrating and covers my redness well...but the smell kinda bothers me. but nothing crazy. i reccomend this for dry skin, seems like itd slip off oily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Not the worst but in the running for sure.
Also they have very poor color options and the shades they do have are not very natural

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the finished look but only after some translucent powder (I never ever wear powder) that's the reason I took off two lippys, by itself it's extremely dewy! Makes me look greasy and like I've been sweating. But after a little powder on the shiny parts of my face its looks good. The other thing I didn't love is the coverage, when I bought this I didn't know what kind of coverage it was, I would say its light-med more on the light side. I usually like med-full. I would wear this on days were I don't want to wear much makeup. But a good thing about this foundation is it did blend in with my skintone pretty well, i picked up ivory 120 which is slightly too dark for me but it adapted to my skin very well! Which is a big plus for light skinned girls.