January 29, 2015 | 1086 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Match Perfection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2015 9:41:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I was having a hard time deciding between YSL's luminous foundation and Stila's long wear (the one that comes with concealer) foundation. I talked to a co-worker who uses this product and she said that if those two had a baby, this foundation would be it. I decided to give it a shot and I'm not in love with it. It seems runny, but when you smooth it on, it just looks so flawless and airbrushed. It's very very buildable without looking at all cakey. I have applied this with a flat top, stippling brush, beauty blender and fingers and so far fingers gives my favorite application. I typically smooth it all over my face and down my neck, and then pat another thin layer just over my red areas on my cheeks, chin and by my nose. I then apply Physician's Formula powder to set it and it just looks so good. It does get a tad oily, but I feel it adds to the "luminous" effect. I have normal-dry skin and this doesn't accentuate any dry patches or flakes. It also doesn't oxidize and it the only drug store foundation I've found that's a perfect match for my skin. This is HG for me, and only $6 at Walgreens - WIN!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2015 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Lottie24

It is a good foundation if you dont want too much coverage.
I dont reccomend it to people who are very pale like me, because the foundation goes slightly orangey throughout the day on pale skin as the shades seem to be too dark for me.
I use this foundation on my lazy days at home

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 6:36:00 AM More reviews by cclaire4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail foundation!

I've used this foundation a few times in the past and really loved it but as per usual faced the perpetual pale girl problem: the lightest colour was still slightly too dark/orange for me. Then the other day I was browsing the make up aisle and found a number of shade options paler than the colour I had originally used. I don't know if they're new or whether they just weren't stocked before but I was so impressed that FINALLY a make up brand is catering for pale skinned girls! So I picked up colour Fair Ivory and when I brought it home and tried it I almost cried with joy: it matches my skin tone perfectly!!! I've been on the hunt for a drugstore foundation that matched my skin tone for years and years and years - and here it finally was! Stoked.

This foundation is a beautiful consistency, it blends well and is very buildable without caking. One pump will give you a gorgeous glowy sheer coverage, while a few more pumps will give you a nice medium coverage. It lasts throughout the day and isn't too matte or too shiny.

I've never really ventured into high end foundations, so my two favourites before now are Revlon Colourstay and Rimmel Wake Me Up. I like the coverage of the Revlon one, but my biggest qualm with it is how unpleasant it feels on my skin and, while the right shade, it was too pink toned. I adore the Wake Me Up foundation, but the shimmer in it can end up looking quite awful in certain lights, and the lightest colour is a little too dark for my pale skin. The Match Perfection, though, has the gorgeous dewy finish of the Wake Me Up and the coverage of the Colourstay and now I have the perfect shade!

I actually cannot see myself loving any foundation as much as I love this one. The pump is great, the price is pretty good...The only qualm I have is that I didn't try it sooner. Rimmel I love you!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Justlaurax

Good product, good coverage. Hides my freckles well. A bit runny but i mix it with bb cream for a thicker liquid. I use 101 (classic ivory) and i have been for 3 years. Easy to use just a tad expensive

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 4:18:00 AM More reviews by rinjobs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in Light Porcelain (010) and I love it. The glass bottle is sleek and attractive and the pump makes it easy to use. Gone are the days of screw off lids, thank the lord. Before buying this product I was using (or rather, attempting to use) Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup which was awful, so the transition was amazing. Rimmel Match Perfection is light, non-drying-out, it smooths on nicely and gives a nice dewy glow. Although I do apply a powder over it as I don't like a shiny face even though I have dry skin. It's not heavy, cakey, or streaky which is a blessing if you have dry skin like me. You can hardly feel it is there and it smells nice too. My only complaints would be the cost ($17.45) which is a lot if you use it every day. It also doesn't seem to be buildable which is disappointing, but it is supposed to give a natural look I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2015 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Shan2114

I bought this product a while back now but have recently dug it out from my collection and it really is a brilliant foundation. My face tends to have dry patches here and there and I think this foundation covers and moisturises them well. It starts with quite a dewy finish but drys to look very natural. It is brilliant value for money and I would buy this product again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by GaPeachy

This is great for dry skin. I just switched from using their Stay Matte mousse foundation, which I liked, but felt tight on my face even with using a lot of moisturizer. It gives my skin a healthy glow and even, natural looking coverage. Wish the bottle came with a pump though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by br11higgs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a great foundation it had really good coverage and looked quite natural. But I have acne prone skin so I switched to nude by nature because of their mineral makeup. Price and packaging was great but rimmel also tests on animals so I stopped using their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

In drugstore foundation category it is a pretty good foundation. I am using #100 Ivory and applying via beauty blender. It has SPF 18. it is dewy, giving a nice glow, acceptable coverage, nice pump package and costing only 6.99 £! I am disagreeing that it has a problem with benefit porefessional because I have tried them together and with a thin layer of powder there was no trace of my pores anymore. Only bad thing I would say that as some of this kind of radiance foundations it comes off whenever touching to your face and durability is quite relative (according to use of base and powder, frequency of touching to your face).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Jlhenderson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation ever. It blends superbly, gives full coverage while still looking natural, and lasts all day. It is great for both dry, flaky skin and blemish-prone skin, because it doesn't exacerbate parched areas or acne. It also has sunscreen! And all this for five bucks.