August 1, 2014 | 1965 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Match Perfection

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by evettesadisutikku

I usually use this with my MAC NC15 liquid foundation to get rid of some unwanted yellow tones in the NC15. The porcelain shade on its own, for me is too red. This product is great for adding to other foundations but terrible on my skin alone. I have normal/combination skin. Depending on the weather. I got this on sale for $6 from Chemist warehouse. I like full coverage because I have dark circles and redness in my cheeks. This would probably be good for girls who dont need a super long wearing full coverage foundation.

I would buy this again, only because i use it to mix foundations. If I didnt use it for that reason, I would not buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Beautylish06

I have quite bad acne and so I use a topical gel that dries out essentially my whole forehead but I'm extremely oily around my nose and chin so having two completely different skin types it's hard to find foundations that stay matte but don't accentuate my dryness and this is it! I've repurchased maybe 3-4 times and will continue to. However my only concerns are limited shades and no pump but it's a great product overall!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by MarshmallowCookie

I love this foundation, it matches my skin perfectly and blends really well. However it has a light coverage but it's buildable. The foundation I picked up came with a pump, which is very useful if you have a busy lifestyle. Did I mention it smells amazing too? Good: blendable, buildable coverage, smells good, its cheap, good packaging, good variety of shades Bad: nothing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by antoanto23

The coverage is light to medium ,easily to build ,very fresh and smell flowery.colour match is good(i wear No200) lasting power on me is 5hours ++.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I was looking for a cheap foundation to buy as I have acquired a summer tan and all of my Mac foundations are too pale. I chose this one because it had a good shade range. I bought the shade 402 BRONZE as my skintone is now approximately NC40/2. It only cost me £6.99 (UK) which is really cheap. I didn't hold high expectations for this foundation given the price!

I have to say, that after using only Mac foundations for years, which are a lot more expensive than this, I am so far very impressed. The shade is spot on, and blends in beautifully with my tanned skin tone. It's not too orange or pink. It doesn't oxidise on me which some of my Mac foundations do.

The consistency is neither watery or too thick, and the pump is great. I use my fingers to apply it. I use approx 3 pumps for my face and neck.

The coverage is medium, and is buildable. I have normal leaning dry skin and the finish of this foundation is perfect for me, not too dewy but not too matte either. I don't set it with powder but I use a primer underneath. I put it on at 6am and it lasts the day until I remove it.

I've been wearing it all week and it hasn't broken me out at all, however I am not spot prone.

Overall I would highly recommend this if you're looking for a medium coverage, fresh looking foundation and you're skin isn't too oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by zahnpasta99

The good:
$6 at walgreens, good color match for my pale ruddy skin (lightest shade) luminous finish and not flat, blends easy and non mask like, spf
The bad: no pump on bottle, fragrance ( kinda strong) settled into nose/ chin pores and looked obvious, minimal staying power
The verdict: not awful but think it would work better for my combo skin in winter, I didn't find appropriate for summer and I dislike scent . Won't rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Lizzielizay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation, it matches my skin tone so perfectly that people don't even notice that im wearing foundation! I made the mistake before by buying #120 Ivory and that was a tad bit too orangey looking for my skin, so defiantly choose your shade wisely if you are fair skin. But im so glad I bought this in #101 Classic Ivory because it blends so perfectly into my my fair skin and is perfect for my yellow undertone. It does get abit dewy after maybe a few hours but nothing a little powder can't fix. The only negative I have about this is that I wish it came in a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

This foundation is actually a rediscovery for me. Ive had it lying in my makeup draw for a couple of months and I avoided using it just because it was a shade too dark for me. I also didn't like the way it looked and stayed when applying it with a real techniques buffing and stippling brush.

I have combination skin, some parts are oily and my forehead can be a bit dry sometimes. I also have a lot of redness, acne marks left behind from spots and pimples, so my skin is defiantly not clear and I am always on the hunt for a full coverage foundation. I don't like to feel like Im wearing much makeup and sometimes if the foundation is full coverage I won't need concealer, depending how good my skin is of course. I recently purchased the beauty blender and I absolutely love it ! Ive been trying all the foundations that Ive had lying around with this new method of applying and most of them have been amazing, especially since I can get a full coverage look out of it!

So a few weeks ago I pulled out the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in the shade 100 Ivory (which I believe is the lightest shade) and it does match a lot better but is still a tiny bit dark for me. I applied one layer of this with a damp beauty blender and my skin looked lovely just with that one layer! Yes, the darker marks still showed through but quite a bit of the redness had went down. I then applied another layer and I just loved the results! At first it can look very dewy but recently Ive been just letting it set in for about 10 minutes before I apply powder and I find that works a lot better and lasts much longer. Over the last couple of days whilst being on holiday, Ive even just applied this foundation with a couple of layers and then a bit of concealer on the darker marks and let that set in, I haven't even used powder just because I find that it sets really nicely and the dewiness goes down and it kind of looks like Ive already applied a bit of powder but with a natural glow coming through. This foundation hides my pores (which can look extremely large with some foundations I've tried), it didn't sink into my fine lines until about 6 hours after I applied it, which for a drugstore foundation I think is amazing. Some days I won't even apply concealer and I find it covers pretty much all my marks and scars, it gives a lovely glow, it doesn't look cakey even when I apply up to 3 layers onto the worst parts of my skin.

Overall, I am so happy with this foundation, its the longest lasting foundation I've tried, even better than mac studio fix which is meant to last hours. This foundation can easily be touched up and added layers without looking cakey or too much and I just love the results of it! I would say its a medium- full coverage foundation. I think the beauty blender or a damp sponge works much better with the foundation and gives a much more natural look to the skin, so give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Amaris392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Save your money. This product made my face look very cakey. I wasnt satisfied with it, atleast not on my skintone. This had a similar texture to the L'oreal true match, but it didnt do the "matching". Love the texture hate the overall wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by NETGEAR

This is the best foundation that I've used and not to mention it is one of the cheapest foundation for me. $10 cheaper than the other brands I've used before.
I have combination skin that does get oily because I work in-front of a hot food bar, but I can just pat it away with a tissue. Other foundations makes my face oily too, same thing, pat it with tissues.
And it actually matches my skin color, other foundations gives me a pink tint and doesn't look natural on me.
Easy to use, because it comes with a pump.
I highly recommend it. :)