April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Match Perfection

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by bethanydb

I have pretty oily skin and I find when I use this my skin tends to get shiny in just a few hours (it's the foundation, not me -- this doesn't happen with other foundations). it's a very runny foundation which personally doesn't bother me, but the coverage is pretty minimal for my taste. I prefer a higher coverage foundation, so I will use this if I won't be out for long or if I'm having a pretty good skin day. in order for me to cover any blemishes or redness, I have to use quite a bit which of course looks cakey. I also am not a fan of foundations that you have to pour onto the back of your hand, I like pumps -- 9 times out of 10 when using this I have to put a ton back into the bottle. I would buy this again because it's a good price and I have fair skin and it's one of the few foundation lines that matches my skin tone in the lightest shade -- usually they are all too dark!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by McCustard

Although the Light Porcelain is a LITTLE bit pink-toned (I have more yellow toned skin so this can be an issue), this foundation really is a brilliant match. It applies very well, with a good coverage and a lovely finish - on both dry and oily parts of my skin. I was worried about it being a more medium coverage as I have a few acne scars, however it has mostly covered them up, with only a little concealer needed. I have always struggled with paler foundations as I can never find any light enough, but this fits me very well. As I've already touched on, the finish is great: not too shiny or too matte. It also doesn't seem to oxidise (thank God).
My only concerns would be the pink tones (although this is me being very picky) and the staying power as I'm out for ten hours a day and wouldn't be able to touch it up. But otherwise it's brilliant - possible HG contender!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by ughlexuh

This is a good foundation for the price. A little pink toned for me, but other than that no complaints. Great staying power! I would say the staying power is on par with Revlon Colorstay foundation! I would not say this is my holy grail foundation, but it does the job.
This is a great formula for dry skin. It doesn't cling to any dry patched. I actually have a roughly oily T-zone and this does not really help that but I just powder when necessary.
Final thoughts: not the BEST foundation, but great for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lclarkl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although many people are raving about this I would NOT recommend it. Firstly, I have quite oily skin and this foundation doesn't help that one bit- in fact it makes it worse. Secondly, the coverage is awful! It barely makes a difference. Also, this foundation doesn't last nearly as long as I would like it too. It will be gone by midday if I'm lucky! As I have quite red cheeks I have been looking for something to cover that and this certainly doesn't do the trick. The only good thing about this foundation is that it it has a good pump that allows you to regulate how much you use so nothing is wasted. Apart from that, I was very disappointed with this purchase - good thing it was reasonably cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Bellabeauty09

I have re purchased this again and again...my holy grail foundation! This is just perfect! It is the only drugstore foundation that actually matches my pale skin tone and it gives a lovely, healthy glow to the face! Just love it

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by amandagavin1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm always on the lookout for a good foundation to match my ridiculously pale skin. I'm an NW10 but sometimes find this too pink for me. The shade 'light porcelain' is very neutral and the first drugstore foundation I've found to match me almost perfectly (I guess it lives up to its name).

I find it quite runny/dewy and one layer brightens my skin nicely and evens out the red but it does not cover acne scars. It is buildable to a medium coverage and if your only problem is uneven skin tone this foundation would probably be enough. I have quite dry skin at times and this foundation doesn't cling to dry patches like I have found others to do. I'm not sure how it would be for oily skin as I find it quite a dewy finish.

The packaging is nice as it comes in a glass bottle and a pump. Set with a powder this foundation lasts a good few hours but I doubt it would last a night out or the gym. It is however excellent value for money and a lovely shade for pale skin. I'm not sure if I would repurchase as it is not my go to foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Jazzy15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry patches around my nose,eyes and forehead and I've got to say it didn't stick to any of those areas! I'm a big fan of the Rimmel brand and I've got to say I haven't been let down. Overall a great product which comes with a great price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I enjoy this foundation - even with oily skin. I apply Mario badescu special healing powder (soaks up oil) and apply foundation. It's still satiny slightly dewy, but I don't get as oily. Sometimes for extra coverage I use a little mac fix plus powder foundation on top

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by daphneegreengrass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the palest of skins (NW5-10) and I've been on the hunt of the perfect foundation that would match my skintone for a while, even looking at more expensive brands when I've come across this in a drugstore. I immediately noticed how pale the shade was and bought it right away and it's the only foundation I've ever had that really matches my skin!!! So if you have really pale skin, I really recommend their shade "Light Porcelain" that isn't too rosy nor too yellow.
The coverage is medium, it doesn't hide all my blemishes but it helps covers them a bit and gives my skin a better look. The finish is dewy and it doesn't really do much for oil control so if you have oily skin, I would skip this! It's really easy to apply and it doesn't highlight my dry patches at all!
I've taken out one lippie because the pump gets dirty easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by asaucerfulofblush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this foundation. I typically have dry cheeks and a somewhat oily t-zone. I wear this every day on its own, besides my t-zone, which I powder. I'm a pretty active person and this foundation still stays put even after all day. I apply it with my hands and it blends so purrrrrfect with my skin. It also gives great coverage, I personally don't need a concealer. It does have a scent but I think it smells delicious. My only complaint is the lack of pump. The glass is really sturdy though, I've dropped it many times on my tile floor. I have yet to find a drugstore foundation I like better than this one. Also, I have very sensitive skin and this hasn't irritated it or caused a breakout.