Rimmel Match Perfection

3.6

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Glycerin, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Glutamate, Tribehenin, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Fragrance, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Ceramide 2, PEG 10 Rapeseed Oil, Biosaccharide Gum 1, BHT, Lupinus Albus Extract, Sapphire Powder, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopherol, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 7/24/2015 4:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Of all foundations I own, including YSL's Le Teint Touche Eclat, this is my favorite one. I don't exactly know what it is, but it always makes my skin look my best. My skin looks radiating and fresh and it makes me look prettier. I've got around 45 different foundations, currently standing in line on my dresser are: Nars Sheer Glow, Nars All Day Luminous Weightless, YSL TE, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Chanel Mat Velvet, Diorskin Star, Mac Face & Body, EL Double Wear. The rest is stacked in a drawer. And this is the one I wear the most out of all. It says a lot.. I love it!! And the price is ridiculous. In winter I am shade 100 Ivory. Currently I mix that with Sand, since I'm more tanned now. Great and would highly recommend.

on 7/22/2015 2:49:00 PM

Disappointed by this foundation. Medium coverage and on applying this foundation it looks well, but it doesn't hold and appeared blotchy on my skin after a few hours. Came out very pink on my skin. I used shade 100 Ivory

I love this!!! As I really pale person, I really struggle with foundations. The ones that are my shade, are often horrible and thin and patchy or too thick to blend. I bought the shade "Light Porcelain" and it suits me perfectly. The coverage claims to be medium which I agree, it is. This foundation was easy to blend and it is definitely buildable. This honestly makes my face look naturally flawless and they have a decent colour range. For the price, ($17 in Australia) it's reasonable considering you can pay almost twice as much for other "drugstore" foundations. Absolutely repurchasing. I think I've found my Holy Grail foundation.

Awesome formula, had a bit of trouble finding the best shade for me! Once I did find the right one (#102) it went on great (using a blending sponge) and was so easy to even out! Fantastic formula, and coverage (I have awful acne + scars)

I found I did get shiny gradually over around 2 hours, but that in tow with some Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in #001 Translucent, it stayed like a much more natural oil level (I'm combination acne prone, but not oily).

Overall, with really subtle contouring, this foundation reeeally brought me closer to "my skin but better" !

on 6/30/2015 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

I have oily medium brown skin that has a cool olive undertone. I was shopping with my cousin when I got this who recommended I find my shade out by applying the foundation onto my cheek/jaw area. This is recommended by so many makeup artists but honestly, don't do it! I did this and I got a shade way lighter than my actual shade! Although it was a lot lighter than what I needed, the formula was really nice and silky despite the fact that I have oily skin - it left a nice dewy near matte finish which I loved. This foundation also smells amazing! IT SMELLS LIKE PERFUME! If you do not like fragrance in your foundations then I do not recommend this just because it has a rich perfume fragrance! I will definitely consider re-purchasing this in my shade and I will be trying to test it on my hand rather than my jaw/cheek this time! So overall:
PROS:
Nice formula
Applies nicely with multiply methods (beauty blender, hands, foundation brush, stippling brush etc.)
Nice fragrance
CONS:
Can easily become cakey around dry areas and even oily areas if too much foundation is applied. (You cannot do two coasts of this like you can with the MAC face and body foundation)

on 6/7/2015 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have normal to combination skin and this foundation just didn't work for me, maybe it was the way I was applying it or the brush I was using (real techniques expert face brush) or just my skin type, but it just really didn't work for me.
Don't get me wrong, the first application in the morning was pretty decent, however throughout the day after an hour or so the foundation would just disappears and shows my bare skin, I really wouldn't recommend this product, it doesn't have a great coverage at all, very very minimum and doesn't last long at all, There is no like specific scent to the foundation however the pigmentation is just terrible and it is very very runny on the skin, also can oxidise. Over all a horrible product, complete waste of money and time, really doesn't do much. The packaging is a lot better than the actual product. Much better products are out there, for example - Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation (The serum is the best)

on 5/21/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this. Good shade range and medium coverage with a dewy, but not sticky finish. If you have oily skin it will look god awful and won't stick to your face so don't even try it. If you have combination, dry or normal skin this will look great. It's not marketed as a long lasting formula but I get around 8 hours on my dry skin. Combo skins will need to powder. The only downside is the fragrance. I don't know why Rimmel feel the need to scent their products, fragrance has no place in foundation in my opinion. I would repurchase

on 5/19/2015 4:44:00 PM

This is a good foundation, just not for my skin type I think. The color matches me really good (I use the fairest for my pale skin) and for a drugstore product it's better than expected. The pump makes it so easy not to use too much and it applies so good with a flat top brush. It's thin but not runny so it doesn't dry out before I've blended it out. It's very build able (I put on a thin layer and lets it dry before adding more and the first layer can easily be enough for an everyday look.) For dry skin it would be good, but since I have really weird skin, it doesn't last very long. In the morning my skin is dry and sensitive but during the day it gets a bit oily so when using this foundation my skin ends up looking so oily and shiny and the setting powder has melted in to it (Powder works on other foundations so that isn't the problem) It keeps the skin moisturized all day and doesn't irritate so that's why I think it works on dry skin. If I only need to wear makeup for a few hour this works well but no more than that.
Would recommend it you have dry skin and are looking for a cheaper foundation but if your skin gets oily this will oxidize too fast and make you look dirty and shiny so keep that in mind.

on 4/29/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm in my late 30s, and over the last few years my skin type has changed from combo to extremely dry. I use Cerave in the tub as my daytime moisturizer, and even that isn't always enough to keep the flakes around my nose and mouth at bay. To further complicate matters, I'm an NW 10-13 depending on the time of year, so looking for a) moisturizing foundation that doesn't emphasize dry patches b) and made for 100% pink skin tones c) in an ultra-pale shade was like hunting for a unicorn. Everything I tried either highlighted my flakiness or wasn't the right color.

Enter this little gem. I'd never tried Rimmel products before, but I heard about this foundation from a Scottish fashion blogger whose complexion is very similar to mine. Unfortunately, while Match Perfection is sold in the US, the palest shade (010 Light Porcelain) is not, so I forked over $11 to an eBay seller in the UK and waited a couple of weeks.

I'm so glad I took a chance, because it's perfect for me. The shade is a fantastic match for my skin. I've had zero problems with oxidation. The finish is natural instead of matte, which is how I prefer it. The coverage is medium and lasts all day with a setting powder. It applies smoothly with fingers or my UD Optical Blurring Brush.

In conclusion, it's my current Holy Grail foundation, easily beating its much pricier predecessors from Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, MUFE, etc. A friend is going to England this summer, and I've asked her to bring back a stockpile. Hooray for cheap and effective makeup!

on 4/19/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is the only foundation I can use that won't cause a rash. I can't even use Diorskin. In fact, I gave away a half-full bottle of it after I discovered this. I can fall asleep in it, I can workout in it, which I could never do with any other foundation without getting a rash that would take so long to disappear. When I fall asleep in it (I'm not telling you to do the same, just sharing what my experience is) my skin is softer the next day. The formula is lovely, nice and dewy and I find it moisturizing. It feels like a serums it's coverage. Coverage is light to medium which is just right for me, some of us don't need heavy coverage so I'm glad there's something for me. I wouldn't like it if it were heavy. I honestly don't have anything to cover (thanks to a strict vegan diet; I believe diet is so important for the skin) so I don't know if it would work for someone who needs more coverage. I apply it in the morning and I don't need to touch up at all. It even makes my powder last all day without needing to touch up and it doesn't oxidize. I've been using this foundation for about a year and wouldn't use anything else. I apply with a Sonia Kashuk flat top brush (the black hourglass-shaped one) and the shade I use is Sand.