November 21, 2014 | 1768 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Match Perfection

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Cherryraven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this foundation. I have quite dry skin and have difficulty finding a foundation that doesn't cling to my dry areas and this is perfect. I love that it is of a thin consistency because it applies really smoothly on my skin. It is light coverage but this is fine with me because my skin is pretty clear and I don't have much to conceal, so this is perfect for every day. I use this in the shade Light Porcelain and it's perfect plus the packaging is really sturdy and the pump makes it convenient. Overall, for ladies with dry skin who don't might a light coverage, this foundation might be worth trying. I have already repurchased it a couple of times and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Dollface02501

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good foundation, rimmel makes really good foundations. It gives a nice natural finish and last a long time. Its really cheap too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by reeny417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. I use this is in Nude 202.

I need to wear a yellow based foundation and this is perfect for my skin tone all year round. The consistency is average and allows you to build up or easily thin it out with a moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer. I always set this with powder since I have oily skin, and it stays on all day with a makeup setting spray. I do not get acne or any irritation with this.

I've also used Neutrogena and Maybellline foundations, which offer yellow based colors, but for the price, this one can't be beat. It's also easy to find in any drugstore, Ulta, etc. The packaging is a bottle with no pump, but I find it simple to dispense and can store it upside down to get as much product out as possible. For the price, I don't feel bad not getting every bit of the product out, but by that time I'm ready to purchase a new one because it's expired, or almost expired. I could probably go a little lighter in the winter time, but I'm able to thin this out with moisturizer and still get enough coverage with my loose powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by missmathersxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tried this product out as I'm currently trying to find the best high street foundation (being young and with not much money to spend on makeup).
The packaging of this is appealing - I like the blue - and it was fairly cheap (£6.99) so I bought it.
I don't think that this product does much for me.. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so pale though. It really doesn't leave a smooth finish like I've found with other foundations and I find that it wears off relatively quickly. However, it does match my skin tone, although not very flattering in some lights - other foundations add some tone and colour, but this one doesn't seem to.
Not the worst product, but probably wouldn't buy again.!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyunknown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Made my face greasy after a few hours which led to breakouts. Doesn't really have nice coverage either.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by RosiePosie08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is OK!
PROS:
- Price - $18AUD (i got mine for $9 in a chemist wharehouse 50% off sale)
- Packaging - lid and pump system - mess free

CONS
- It can settle into pores (most do anyway though) so I suggest wearing a primer underneath
- Shade range - this was a major con for me...I'm fair and I have freckles and redness they have four lighter shades, which sounds good only 2 were extremely pink undertoned and one actually looked pink. So I picked both the Ivory shades (not the pinker 'Porcelain' shades)

The lighter one (light ivory - 081) was much too light and made me look ghostly and the second one was quite a yellow toned and much darker than an ivory shade should be.
The jump between the two shades of ivory was too much and it was as though they've missed so many shades in between the two.

I recommend this foundation if you've got dry skin and you're not a big fan of really matte finishes (not to say that oily skin people won't like it, in fact I think it would give a very healthy finish if you had combo-oily skin)

And if you can find your shade match, their shade range is better than some other brands' and I am still using this foundation daily. So the colour isn't that off, I tend to just add a bit of the lighter shade to the darker one and mix them together.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SO SHEER! I prefer more of a medium coverage personally, but that's not the only reason I didn't like it. It was also very oily when it was applied, streaky streaky streaky. I didn't like the smell either. I only applied it to half of my face before I wiped it off with my towelette. I didn't even have to finish the first application to know how much I didn't like this stuff. The bottle is also annoying as there is no pump and I spilled too much on the back of my hand... It was very thing and runny and got on my pants. Not going to be using this again, will definitely be swapping it. I got this for $6 so I guess I got what I paid for.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by dirty0th

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

Honestly, I absolutely adore this foundation! My skin is a very odd shade; I'm extremely pale, and my skin has an almost grey undertone. I have red patches, too, that I try very hard to hide, and so any foundation with a pink undertone is a huge no from me, though I can get away with more yellow-y foundations. I have oily skin, especially in winter. It's quite sensitive, too, meaning it can burn when I put on foundation.
This foundation, however, is a miracle!
I ran out of the foundation I was using previously and was caught without any, and so my boyfriend donated his bottle of this foundation to me. It was the shade '010 Light Porcelain', which is the lightest shade available. Normally, no matter what foundation I purchase, the lightest shade is always too dark for me or has the wrong undertones. This foundation was totally different - it blended perfectly into my skin and I didn't end up with a face four shades darker than my neck. Usually I have to top my foundation with a white powder, but I can use a transparent powder with this one as it's the perfect colour.
It has a nice consistency, too. It's a liquid, but it isn't too thick or too thin, meaning it isn't difficult to blend but it isn't runny or oily, either. As of my oily skin, I usually have to top up both my foundation and therefore my powder several times a day. With this foundation, I need to do neither - it stays put all day, and still looks fresh when I get home from school. With no top ups! It has lasted me longer days, too - I usually have my makeup on for around twelve hours a day, and this foundation still looks great then. It doesn't dry out or go patchy at all.
My skin is sensitive, and I am quite prone to acne, but this foundation didn't burn when I was applying it, nor did it break me out or cause me any problems.
It has medium coverage, but it is buildable, meaning that you can apply more and get more coverage, without the foundation looking cakey on your skin. It doesn't feel cakey, either, nor does it feel greasy. It feels quite nice on the skin, and after a while you can't even feel it at all. It also an SPF of 18, and I love when foundations have an SPF, as I find sun cream and makeup generally don't work well together.
It smells like most foundations do. It isn't fragranced or anything special, but it isn't an unpleasant smell, and it can only really be noticed if you're going out of your way to smell the product.
It comes in a small glass bottle, though it is thick glass and does not break if it is dropped (which is something I do often). When you remove the lid, the foundation is distributed through a pump. Now, I don't mind this kind of bottle, but I will admit that the tube on the pump broke towards the end of the bottle's usage, and I had to unscrew the lid and retrieve the product with my fingers. This wasn't really a hindrance, however, as there was only a tiny amount of product left and the tube didn't actually reach the bottom of the bottle.
There is a fair amount of product in the bottle, and I imagine it could last somebody a long time. I, however, go through foundation like it's going out of fashion, and so the bottle only lasted me a month - most foundations only really last this long for me. With the price resting at a very reasonable £6.99, I don't mind repurchasing it whenever I need.
After running out of this, I have tried another foundation, and though it is fairly good, I much prefer my Rimmel Match Perfection, and shall be sticking to that in the future.
I fully recommend this foundation for anyone who's looking for a cheap foundation that lasts a long time, doesn't react badly with skin, and that is especially good for paler skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by taiyatbh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this product. ADORE IT. It has a light coverage, not sheer but light, it covers minor scarring and blemishes and redness. It is very watery consistency which is a bit difficult because it comes in glass jar without a pump. I love that all of the foundations are yellow or olive! But they only have selection for fair to medium skin tones. It looks so ridiculously natural. Id say its a luminous to dewy finish. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm finishing up my second bottle of this foundation and I can't believe I haven't written a review yet! This stuff is really great. I have normal to dry skin that can sometimes be sensitive. This foundation makes my skin look dewy and healthy. If you are an individual with very oily skin, this may be too dewy for you. I live in the US and we don't have the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation but I feel like this foundation does a good job in waking up my skin and making me look radiant. We also don't have the bottles with the pump, but that's okay because I use a sponge anyways. It sets nicely and lasts around 8 hours and even longer if I top it off with powder. It sells for around $7-8 but I try and get it when the drug stores have a BOGO 50% off sale so that I can stock up. I am NC20 in MAC foundation and the True Ivory matches me perfectly. I haven't noticed any oxidizing with this foundation (unlike the Lasting Finish where I need to use a primer in order to prevent this) so that also is a plus. It does have a light scent and I tend to be sensitive to smells but it is not bothersome or migraine-inducing for me. The only thing I would mention is when selecting a shade, pay attention to the actual name, not number, of the foundation. I may have gotten one with a typo, but I have a bottle in True Ivory that says #103 and another bottle of True Ivory that says #130 so just be aware.