Estee Lauder Equalizer

3.5

cyclomethicone, water purified, butylenes glycol, titanium dioxide, polymethyl methacrylate, dimethicone copolyol, dimethicone, isotetracosane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, hydrolyzed soy protein, isostearyl neopentanoate, laminaria saccharina extract, lecithin, tocopheryl linoleate, coconut acid, glycerol dilaurate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter0, tocopheryl acetate, ceramide 2, quarternium, 18 hectorite, c9-15 fluoroal cohol phosphates, acrylates copolymer, polyethylene, linoleic acid, polyglycerol, 4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, cholesterol, petrolatum, cetyl esters, octyl palmitate, octyl hydroxystearate, glycerol distearate, tocopheryl oleate, distearyldimonium chloride, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, silica, sodium chloride, laureth 7, propylene carbonate, alumina, disodium edta, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben,(may contain) mica, iron oxides

on 3/12/2015 7:17:00 PM

I have used Equalizer for years and love this product. Sadly, Estee Lauder has discontinued it. Although they have new products that supposedly replace this, none are as light and dewy with great coverage. Double-wear is too dry (even the light version) and the new Perfectionist is a bit cakey. Has anyone found good replacement for this? Thanks.

on 4/28/2013 1:37:00 AM

Good: my perfect color match for my Asian yellow undertone, natural finish
Bad: coverage is pretty minimal, I use it only to even skin tone, doesn't last very long

on 7/14/2011 10:23:00 PM

After years of using mineral makeup but not being 100% satisfied, I've been on a search to return to liquid foundation. Having tried numerous samples from Lancome, MAFE, MAC, . . . I've finally found my perfect match. Natural coverage, perfect shade, and it meets the needs of my combination skin. With a little Double Wear pressed powder buffed over a couple trouble spots with a brush I am very pleased with the results.

on 7/5/2011 8:56:00 PM

This foundation is light, semi coverage, and great for everyday and night outs (with some powder). I didn't have any problems with it, but I did not use it everyday because sometimes it did clog my pores, I usually switch from foundations to powders to tinted moisturizes so my pores will not clogg. The shade that I had was perfect and it also looked like I was wearing no make up at all which is always a plus for me because I always try my best to look natural with make up. Overall great foundation and I continue to use the product to this day, this would be my fifth year enjoying it.

Skin color : Mac NW 15, For this product: 1C1
Type: Combination oily
Condition: Mostly clear with the occasional spot and/or dry patch

Wear: Has a tendancy to slide into fine lines about an hour after application Fade from t-zone about 3 hours into wear. Texture: Looks like skin. Natural semi-matte finish.

***Update*** Returned this product. Am now trying Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. Will review it after a week or so.

on 1/16/2011 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

I've tried several foundations from different department store brands and this is the one I keep coming back to. I really like it but since I like to try new things I'm on the hunt for a new foundation. My skin does well with it and I haven't experienced any breakouts. I would recommend this for those with combination skin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the price and the fact that this is Estee Lauder, I was a bit disappointed with this product. I got matched with Pearl, which is most definitely the best match for my skin that ANY foundation has ever been, but this foundation isn't right for me. I have to use so much of this to get a medium coverage (which I suppose isn't their fault because it does say sheer to medium on the bottle) but I had to use quite a lot to get my face fully covered. I also find that this foundation doesn't stay for very long, and it sort of just disappears off my face after a few hours. Smells lovely, beautiful packaging (mine is the tube version) but this really is too lightweight for me and I like having a medium to full coverage - this just can't provide that for me. Sadly, I only wear this to school because it's so sheer and unnoticeable. I will never repurchase this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

this is a really good liquid foundation. It has a natural finish, and i would say its mostly for normal/combination skin types. Great for sensitive skin like my own, since its fragrance free. Its hydrating and oil controlling because its not matte and its not radiant either, so i guess the natural finish of this makeup gives it the ability to hydrate and oil control at the same time. Since the coverage is sheer to medium, its good for summer months also. You can never get a full coverage out of this one. If you want a full coverage option the double wear would be the best. I love that its so sheer it lets your skin show through. I would say the coverage is similar to that of an oil free tinted moisturizer, which some people really wouldn't like in a foundation. The sheer coverage is great for me because it doesn't look like i'm wearing anything on my skin, and it feels lightweight, plus i really want to focus on skin care at this point in my life. For reference my shade is 5N Sienna.

This was the perfect replacement for me when EL discontinued their Enlighten product, but alas it is also being discontinued (confirmed by EL). You can still get most colors (but not mine, grrr) on the EL website - so if this is your foundation I suggest you stock up now.

I love the way I look when I use this foundation. My color is Pearl. I apply it with my fingers and blend. Then I use a small amount of double wear foundation (1C1 Shell) on areas that I know I need some extra coverage or staying power. Then I set with loose or pressed powder. I think it makes my skin look flawless and it is such a great color match for my fair skin tone. Love it and will definitely repurchase.