Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

Such a great product for everything. I'm on my third bottle now and I will defineltly keep repurchasing. The packaging isn't the best because it gets oily and dirty over use. I've noticed with one bottle it leaked whilst I was travelling (might just be a problem with that one bottle I bought).

I use it for my face, body, hands, and lips. Anything that needs moisturising really! I have acne-prone, combination, and sensitive skin. I found that Jojoba oil works a lot better (personally) than any other oils/moisturisers I've tried. It doesn't break me out, prevents flakiness, etc.

During winters my skin peels a little, and during summers I get REALLY oily on my T-zone. This oil isn't too heavy, but is strong enough to combat dryness. I've used this oil from -15C weather to a very humid 30C and I promise it never disappoints.

If you apply some on your lips overnight, they'll be soft and smooth when morning comes.
Great for after a shower as well - you don't feel like you have to sit around for ages for the oil to absorb.
I like to rub a little onto the ends of my hair as well, since I don't really do much else for my hair. So far, so good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Jojoba oil is HG for me. It is incredibly versatile. Surprisingly, it does not break out my acne/clog prone skin. I use 1-2 drops on damp skin as a facial moisturizer and it absorbs quickly. At night, I use it to remove sunscreen (followed by Cerave foaming). It also works perfectly for my long, fine hair. I massage a small amount on my scalp before I shampoo and then apply a couple drops onto the length as soon as I get out of the shower. It doesn't weigh down my hair at all and gives it a healthy shine. It's pretty pricey at my local health food store so I generally order it off of Amazon.

Hi, I'm (was) the lady with the almost constantly inflamed skin...eczema, psoriasis, and a little acne here and there.

I'm also the lady who is constantly dabbing her oil slick face. I'm 40 years old and I was *this close* to absolutely giving up hope on clear skin.

I was dead set against on oil cleansing because I tried coconut oil, olive oil (the worst offender), and watched my skin blow up in a "flaming ball of greasy pimples".

Long story, not so long. I purchased a bottle of jojoba oil with Rose and started putting it on my face about 1 week ago (because I'm completely out of my mind). And OH MY GOSH! why....did....I.....wait??? My skin is looking and feeling 1000x better. Wow!

Hands down one of the best oils I have ever used in my life. I usually will use this one its own in the summer (2-3 drops) and pat it into my face and rub it into my lips (extra moisture). For the winter I'll add 2 drops with my moisturizer to ensure I get no dry patches on either my cheeks, chin or forehead. My skin in the summer is extremely oily - I usually look like I'm sweating all the time but this has dramatically tone this down to me only blotting every 6 hrs which is better than every hr. I saw a difference after 3 months of using it, of course I wanted to see a difference within a week but that doesn't happen so when using this product some people see a difference within a week some of us a couple months but I love this stuff. I sometimes do mix this (1:1) with seabuckthorn oil and my skin has a beautiful glow. I also use this oil in my hair, on my cuticles and as I said before on my lips and it has made a difference for me. I would strongly suggest that everyone has this in their beauty routine as it's dirt cheap (6.99-10.99) and it works wonders.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was SO AFRAID to oil cleanse, but it's winter and my face is a sad mess. I have also been really wearing a hell of a lot of makeup lately because of my job, and I can't seem to get everything off with just Clinique makeup remover and Cetaphil. So I read some articles and they said jojoba oil was the best because it mimics our natural sebum and can clear out pores. I have oily oily skin and clogged pores, but no acne except for the occasional zit around that time of the month.

I've been using this for a month and I have had NO ZITS. Not one. No dry patches. It's brilliant! I am petrified of leaving residual oil behind so I double cleanse with Cetaphil after and then do a mask from Acure three times a week. My skin is so happy. I mix this jojoba oil with a few drops of tea tree oil in the bottle, shake well, and apply a quarter size blob to my face, and massage for a few minutes. Then I take a hot washcloth and let it sit on my face until it cools, and wipe off the oil. It takes off every speck of makeup. And I wear it ALL - liquid eyeliner, liquid lipstick, full coverage foundation, and powder! Then I cleanse again with a Cetaphil and a washclother. Bueno! I only do this at night, but my skin is so much clearer and soft.

Also - when you use this oil you can feel the gross little sebum plugs come out of your nose and I find that very rewarding :)

It's cheap, available everywhere, and really a great oil for cleansing! Don't waste money on expensive OCM, just use this and a washcloth and maybe double cleanse after and your skin will be so happy!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Edited to add: Oils tend to be VERY your-mileage-may-vary. I know plenty of people that swear by coconut oil for perfect skin and that would very well cause a volcano erruption on *my* skin. There are a few things to take into consideration, like the composition of the oil itself. So please try several before writing ALL oils off. It took me trying many different kinds before Jojoba. I'm glad I kept looking.

----------
I already reviewed jojoba oil in the unlisted brand category. For whatever reason, Desert Essence was not popping up as an option. So for all of you out there reading this...Desert Essence is my favorite brand to buy jojoba oil from.

I've tried quite a few. It drives me nuts because in theory you would assume all oils are created equally. But I do notice a big difference between organic and non-organic jojoba oil. I do notice a difference between brands. Part of me wonders if maybe a few companies are being dishonest about what's in their products. The jojoba oil I bought from Leven Rose and Rocky Mountain Oils was so much thicker. HOWEVER there are a few variations in production to consider; such as pressing method, how the oil is extracted, and how it is preserved.

The organic jojoba oil from Desert Essence is very light and liquid-y. It does not clog my pores, which is VERY significant given (besides for mineral) EVERY OTHER OIL has clogged my pores if left on as a moisturizer.

I think the reason jojoba oil does not break me out is because it isn't a true oil. It's actually a wax ester. Jojoba oil is closest to the skin's composition than any other. Additionally, it can dissolve sebum. MY SKIN DOES NOT SEEM TO PLAY WELL WITH ANYTHING PLANT BASED. Neither Jojoba or mineral oil are plant based.

For what its worth - all oils seem to remove MU equally. I've never found one that took off long-wear foundation easier than another. Jojoba oil just happens to remove everything, doubles as a moisturizer, and never breaks me out. I can't really ask for more.

I've repurchased 3 times as I write this review. I will continue to do so.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I was using the organic jojoba oil from acne.org. I have acne prone sensitive skin but the jojoba oil worked wonders. I loved it. Great for a glow, hydrates skin, great makeup remover.
I decided to buy the organic desert essence when I ran out of my other jojoba oil. Big mistake, this broke me out. My face had cystic acne. I don't think the desert essence organic version is 100% organic. I ordered my jojoba from acne.org.
This is what happens when you try to save money. NOT worth it. Now it will take weeks for my skin to heal and lots of fade gel to get rid of the blemishes. So disappointing because my skin was doing great before I bought this garbage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used this for my hair because I'm scared to use it on my face since I'm extremely acne prone and most things break me out. It made my hair soooooo soft and it looks really healthy. I have long highlighted hair and it gets really dry and i've tried many different things- olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, but none of those really seemed to make a difference like jojoba has. Ive been rubbing some into my hair before i shower and then shampooing it out with a natural shampoo. Thats it. I haven't even used a conditioner after because i don't need to. The only downside is the price. i got an aura cacia brand bottle for $12 in an organic section of the supermarket. Maybe i can find it cheaper online because im going to continue using this on my hair. Oh its also great for an all over body moisturizer after a shower. So smooth.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This works great on my scalp and hair. I'm told by a doctor that it is the thing that most closely mimics hair sebum and in my view what could be better than that to keep my hair healthy. My scalp used to be dry and itchy from high lift coloring and now it feels normal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have sensitive eczema prone skin, lots of things irritate my skin. After a recent eczema flare I started using this a facial cleanser. My face was absolutely parched, irritated and rough. I washed my face twice a day and within 3 days my skin was almost completely better. After 5 days my skin looked better than it did before the eczema flare up. My skin looks fresh, radiant, and healthy. I may stop using cleansers and chemical based products all together. After cleansing I apply a bit more on to a cotton round to remove any last traces of mascara and other makeup, and it makes quite an effective eye makeup remover. I also use this as a bath oil or a post shower oil to keep my skin moisturized. Hydrated skin is an absolute must if you have eczema. This is just a really great versatile product, runs about $11USD it has so many uses, love this stuff.

Video Reviews & Tutorials