November 23, 2014 | 2022 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Cetaphil - Restoraderm skin restoring moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I don't have dry skin, or any skin problems. I purchased this because I wanted a fragrance free basic moisturiser for the cooler months to use on my hands, face and neck at night. I really liked the list of healing and skin barrier restoring ingredients such as the phospholipids and niacinamide.

No matter what I did, I couldn't make it work for me. I tried using it on damp skin - a pea shaped amount for my face, neck and chest. I tried using it on dry skin, same amount. It doesn't seem to matter how much or how little I use, it never really sinks into my skin. When I wash my face the next morning, as soon as I wet my skin I can feel this slimy layer of Restoraderm slide off. It gave me a few pimples as well. I tried using it as a body moisturiser but I just never felt clean when I had it on, there was always this feeling of it sitting on top of the skin rather than sinking in. I've used the Cetaphil Advanced Hydration lotion and really like that so I don't know what it is about this product but I ended up giving it to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Peacokgreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lotion achieved what no other lotion has ever done for my hands. When I apply it before bedtime I wake up with super moisturized hands that stay like that all day long, there is no need to reapply this lotion. (unless of course you do some serious maintenance work with your hands) And another thing, I got so tired of all these overpriced anti aging cream concoctions out there that did absolutely nothing for my skin that I decided to try this on my face as I am already using the Cetaphil gentle skin cleaner. This lotion has some great ingredients such as Sunflower, Shea Butter, Sodium Hyaluronate and Ceramides. Yep these ingredients can all be found in department store brands! According to Cetaphil all their products are safe for the face after all it is safe for babies. Within a few weeks (skin needed to adjust to new lotion) of using this my face has never looked better. I am 40+ and this lotion truly made my face look younger, softer and completely hydrated. I am set for live.........unless they start selling creme the la mer for $15...lol.......

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Roxysurfergrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My experience with this moisturizer:
1. Absorbs within a few minutes
2. Doesn't cause breakouts (I don't apply it on my acne/cystic acne just around it)
3. Helps prevent my eczema caused by dry skin (I also get eczema went I'm stressed/over heated)

My Skin: My skin is dry/acne prone and I am highly sensitive to the products I put on my face. I also have eczema that can react to irritating sunscreens/moisturizers if I'm not careful. I've recently (within the last yearish) started getting cystic acne along my jawline too.

This is my HG moisturizer! I absolutely love it to death and am so glad I found it. I've been using this since August 2013. It doesn't cause breakouts and it actually moisturizes my skin. I use this day and night (year round) and it takes a few minutes, but it absorbs beautifully into my skin. I should add that I do avoid putting this on my acne just in case because I don't want it potentially make them worse than they already are.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I expected so much more from this product. I have used a lot of Cetaphil products on both DH and myself over the years. This just did not provide the extra ooomph of moisture that I was expecting nor did it aid my DH's dry, itchy patches on knees and elbows. Aveeno daily moisture with oatmeal works better and is more cost effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you have eczema or psoriasis, buy this! (they did offer some free decent size samples on their facebook page for a while - worth looking into if you want to try it)

I have psoriasis, with the worst patches being on my legs. This moisturizer has done an exceptional job of calming my itchy legs. It is the best I have ever found. (and I have tried a LOT of different moisturizers)
When you apply it, it has an immediate almost calming feeling to inflamed skin.

Really, this is my HG moisturizer. I haven't had skin this not-itchy in years.

My sister has eczema and has found this to be equally good for her skin. My mother has dry cracked hands, and this made her hands soft and silky after a few days of use.

Cetaphil, please don't change this formula. It works wonderfully for those of us with skin issues. I purchased 5 additional bottles, just in case they do!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by NT568

I have red-skin syndrome all around my neck and a patch on my cheek- a skin condition that resulted from use of atopic steroid cream for my eczema. My eczema flare ups when there is a dramatic change in weather. My skin has been relatively well for the past month or so - I love the AVEENO daily moisturiser but it just doesn't cut it on days I have flare ups. But a few days ago it was 40 something degrees for about a week and then the weather changed to 20 something degrees with rain - very dramatic and too stressful for my skin. I have been using AVEENO Skin relief moisturiser for my flare ups- although it works decent I really disliked the film it creates- it leaves a thick layer on my skin and I feel as though my skin isn't able to breathe. Sick of it, I decided to grab the Cetaphil Restorederm from my local chemist. And I tell you, IT IS AMAZING. There is an initial burn that lasts a minute or two (it is very bearable) because my skin was cracked and chaffing. Just fan it for a bit. I have used it only last night and this morning and my skin is no longer cracking and flaking, it is still red but there is no itchiness or burning sensation. So, bear the initial burning and i believe this will work miracles for anyone with eczema or extremely dry skin!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Fantastic, works well on psoriasis, and as for my dry hands, it's worked wonders. Very gentle, not perfumed, just very very moisturising.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by saralea2007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! Thanks to MUA I found this absolutely HG lotion. I've been using it about 2 months now and am so amazed. NOTHING has ever worked for me on my SD. It's for your body but I use it on my face (a little goes a long way on damp skin) and it doesn't break me out. It's really healed my dry, flaky, yet oily, acne-prone skin and made a huge difference in my life. Lots of great anti-aging ingredients and it even seems to be helping the age spots and acne marks fade. Yay!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Love it. I do like, and use, the original cetaphil cream, but I'm mildly ambivalent about it. I don't love it, but I don't hate it--kwim? The restoraderm, particularly if you can snag it on sale, is totes magoats worth the price markup, in my opinion. I love it on my hands, feet, and if I'm feeling particularly spendy (or dehydrated)...my whole body. It's way more effective than kiehl's creme de corps ever considered being, and I know this because I worked there (sorry, kiehl's.) it's also much cheaper--which helps ease the pain of the price. I know its seems expensive for a "drugstore" product, but when it works, it works. And this works, much better than its la di da, overpriced competitors.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I use this on my dry elbows (which are really terrible), I didn't find it strong enough for my psoriasis or the eczema I get on my hands. It's very moisturizing and a great product but it just doesn't seem to work for everything for me. I like the thickness of this cream and that I can feel it's still there hours later, I know that's not a plus for everyone but on a really dry area or for use at night I prefer a thicker cream. Might repurchase, put it as a yes for now.

Edit: Great for dry elbows and works beautifully on dry hands and terrible cuticles. I apply at night and after 2-3 days dry skin is gone! It is okay for eczema not quite enough on it's own, layered with Lush Putty for your hands soap it works quite well. Would definitely repurchase.