October 2, 2014 | 1730 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Cetaphil - Restoraderm skin restoring moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Roxysurfergrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My experience with this moisturizer:
1. Absorbs within a few minutes
2. Doesn't cause breakouts (I don't apply it on my acne/cystic acne just around it)
3. Helps prevent my eczema caused by dry skin (I also get eczema went I'm stressed/over heated)

My Skin: My skin is dry/acne prone and I am highly sensitive to the products I put on my face. I also have eczema that can react to irritating sunscreens/moisturizers if I'm not careful. I've recently (within the last yearish) started getting cystic acne along my jawline too.

This is my HG moisturizer! I absolutely love it to death and am so glad I found it. I've been using this since August 2013. It doesn't cause breakouts and it actually moisturizes my skin. I use this day and night (year round) and it takes a few minutes, but it absorbs beautifully into my skin. I should add that I do avoid putting this on my acne just in case because I don't want it potentially make them worse than they already are.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I expected so much more from this product. I have used a lot of Cetaphil products on both DH and myself over the years. This just did not provide the extra ooomph of moisture that I was expecting nor did it aid my DH's dry, itchy patches on knees and elbows. Aveeno daily moisture with oatmeal works better and is more cost effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you have eczema or psoriasis, buy this! (they did offer some free decent size samples on their facebook page for a while - worth looking into if you want to try it)

I have psoriasis, with the worst patches being on my legs. This moisturizer has done an exceptional job of calming my itchy legs. It is the best I have ever found. (and I have tried a LOT of different moisturizers)
When you apply it, it has an immediate almost calming feeling to inflamed skin.

Really, this is my HG moisturizer. I haven't had skin this not-itchy in years.

My sister has eczema and has found this to be equally good for her skin. My mother has dry cracked hands, and this made her hands soft and silky after a few days of use.

Cetaphil, please don't change this formula. It works wonderfully for those of us with skin issues. I purchased 5 additional bottles, just in case they do!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by NT568

I have red-skin syndrome all around my neck and a patch on my cheek- a skin condition that resulted from use of atopic steroid cream for my eczema. My eczema flare ups when there is a dramatic change in weather. My skin has been relatively well for the past month or so - I love the AVEENO daily moisturiser but it just doesn't cut it on days I have flare ups. But a few days ago it was 40 something degrees for about a week and then the weather changed to 20 something degrees with rain - very dramatic and too stressful for my skin. I have been using AVEENO Skin relief moisturiser for my flare ups- although it works decent I really disliked the film it creates- it leaves a thick layer on my skin and I feel as though my skin isn't able to breathe. Sick of it, I decided to grab the Cetaphil Restorederm from my local chemist. And I tell you, IT IS AMAZING. There is an initial burn that lasts a minute or two (it is very bearable) because my skin was cracked and chaffing. Just fan it for a bit. I have used it only last night and this morning and my skin is no longer cracking and flaking, it is still red but there is no itchiness or burning sensation. So, bear the initial burning and i believe this will work miracles for anyone with eczema or extremely dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Fantastic, works well on psoriasis, and as for my dry hands, it's worked wonders. Very gentle, not perfumed, just very very moisturising.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by saralea2007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! Thanks to MUA I found this absolutely HG lotion. I've been using it about 2 months now and am so amazed. NOTHING has ever worked for me on my SD. It's for your body but I use it on my face (a little goes a long way on damp skin) and it doesn't break me out. It's really healed my dry, flaky, yet oily, acne-prone skin and made a huge difference in my life. Lots of great anti-aging ingredients and it even seems to be helping the age spots and acne marks fade. Yay!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Love it. I do like, and use, the original cetaphil cream, but I'm mildly ambivalent about it. I don't love it, but I don't hate it--kwim? The restoraderm, particularly if you can snag it on sale, is totes magoats worth the price markup, in my opinion. I love it on my hands, feet, and if I'm feeling particularly spendy (or dehydrated)...my whole body. It's way more effective than kiehl's creme de corps ever considered being, and I know this because I worked there (sorry, kiehl's.) it's also much cheaper--which helps ease the pain of the price. I know its seems expensive for a "drugstore" product, but when it works, it works. And this works, much better than its la di da, overpriced competitors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I use this on my dry elbows (which are really terrible), I didn't find it strong enough for my psoriasis or the eczema I get on my hands. It's very moisturizing and a great product but it just doesn't seem to work for everything for me. I like the thickness of this cream and that I can feel it's still there hours later, I know that's not a plus for everyone but on a really dry area or for use at night I prefer a thicker cream. Might repurchase, put it as a yes for now.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, People: the Whiteheads and little red bumps are an allergy to niacinamide. It's a new cosmeceutical and companies don't realize that to avoid sensitivity, this active needs to be combined with something like resveratrol.
If you have sensitive skin~think twice about this moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by nessdee

GO BUY THIS PRODUCT NOW!!! This is my second review for this amazing whole body lotion. I've been using it religiously for over a month and the changes to my eczema patches have been astonishing. I have never seen results like this with prescription meds. I use this in conjunction with the restoraderm wash and am never itchy or sore anymore. This lotion has literally changed my life. My eczema hasn't gone but the improvement is definitely noticeable. I'm living a cold Canadian winter where I would usually need to apply lotion 2-3 x a day...not anymore! I would pay double for this (cetaphil pls don't take this comment literally!). Also cleared up the keratosis pilaros on my upper arms! I have 3 brittles thruout the house so I can always have it within reach...especially good for moms who are constantly washing their hands.