September 22, 2014 | 1584 users online

Shampoo - TRESemme - Naturals Nourishing Moisture Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always come back to this shampoo. It makes my hair crazy soft and super manageable. I strayed from this for a while and switched to Nexxus Therappe shampoo, but that dried out my hair and scalp and made it flake. I came back to Tresemme and it my scalp and hair normalized. I've used high-end to low-end and this is definitely the best of them all!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by spaghetti30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to pick up TRESemme on sale with a coupon for an awesome price, and I thought the naturals would be better for me - less sulfates and all. But no. This stuff will ruin your skin. Seriously.

I can get product build up occasionally, so I thought the stripping people reviewed would be a good thing. It seemed to work ok as an occasional shampoo, but it was totally different when I switched from a one off use while finishing up my old bottle of shampoo to using it every time I shampooed. It made my scalp itch like crazy. I literally scratched parts of my head raw. I couldn't help my self. It was so dang itchy!

I tried using the remainder of the bottle as body wash because I hate throwing out useful product. My body was itchy everywhere. I dry body brush, so I am not used to getting flakey skin patches, but I had patches on my elbows, arms, and even a patch on my hip and I have never had issues with dry skin on my torso. The same thing happened to my toddlers when I was the unthinking mother that used it on them. My youngest started boycotting bath time because it left him so itchy! The worst part is that it took me a couple of weeks to figure out why he was boycotting the bath when he loves playing in the tub. Save your sanity and money, don't buy this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- cleans hair
- lathers well

CONS

- very drying
- strips hair

COMMENTS: Well...at least it cleans well. This stuff really dries out my hair and scalp, though. I have scalp psoriasis and this just makes it worse. It strips the hair so much it's ridiculous. It's a shame because it cleans and lathers so well, but it's just like using a regular SLS shampoo. It's just damaging to my hair.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by lyssaw519

I LOVE this shampoo! I was previously addicted to Paul Mitchell Wild Ginger Awapuhi. I have since made my way through various expensive, sulfate-free or low-sulfate shampoos. I was in a routine of only washing my hair every three days, but I realized this was causing me to break out on my neck and shoulders. The only solution was to wash my hair everyday, and I didn't want to be stuck in a rut with expensive shampoo and going through it so fast. I went out on a limb and tried the Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture since I have issues with my scalp drying out and getting irritated, and I had no problems with that while using this. I did precede this by 'desensitizing' my scalp by using Head and Shoulders so that my scalp would be in good health, but I have been using this stuff for over a week now and have had NO problems with my scalp itching. It does not dry out my hair (which is especially important since I am using it daily) and I am able to blow dry my hair smooth and only do minimal heat styling with my straightener. I am definitely using this with the corresponding conditioner, and I follow up with a leave-in conditioner and heat protectant. This leaves my hair smooth but still volumized without weighing down my hair. Love this shampoo. It smells great too! I will be rebuying when the large bottle eventually runs out.

EDIT 5.22.14: After using this for about 2 months I could tell my hair was drier. I was noticing more frizz and split ends so switched to a more hydrating shampoo/conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Ninjakitten14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I Have 2A, ultra fine, semi wavy hair. My hair is very dry at the ends and extremely oily at the roots. I bought this a few months ago and used it on and off, and it was fine, then I started the curly Girl method for about 2 months, and decided that wasn't for me. So I went back to this as my regular daily/every other day shampoo, after almost 2 weeks I've had a ton of hair loss, my scalp is cover in red, itchy, painful bumps, and my hair is much dryer then it used to be. I hate this stuff so much. I do not recommend at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by fidook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It makes me have dandruff. But u can feel it has different with other products. Only after couple hours my scalp feel itch makes me can't stop scratching. Don't like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am trying to find a replacement for the old formulation of Redken All Soft shampoo and conditioner, which Redken changed last year (the new formula of that is terrible).

One of the ingredients in the old-formula All Soft which is not in the new formula and which is not in many other product lines was avocado oil, and I've been wondering if perhaps that was a magic ingredient for my hair type.

The Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture shampoo and conditioner do have avocado oil in them, so I was excited to find this out and give them a try.

Normally I give products a 3-use trial because it sometimes takes a few uses for the benefits to build up. However, in the case of the Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture line, I'm going to stop after my first hairwash with them because of the negatives I've already experienced.

Negatives:

Some reviewers have complained about the smell of these products - but I don't find the aromas that unpleasant. They are not particularly pleasant either, but I can live with them, especially if they are only present during the washing of the hair. However, the scent tenaciously stayed in my air-dried hair all day, and I could smell it wafting around my head from time to time, which was a slight negative.

As soon as I got out of the shower and for about the first 5 hours afterwards, my facial skin really hurt (like it was burning), and that never happens to me normally, so I knew that it was from the shampoo getting on it --
I was already prepared that this might happen, because several previous reviewers had written that the aluminum lauryl sulfate that is in the Tresemme Naturals (they use it instead of sodium lauryl sufate, which is in most other shampoos) made their skin itch/burn. Most of the reviewers said it took several days before this happened, so I didn't expect it to happen so quickly to my skin. My face didn't get red or develop a rash today, which is good. But this shampoo is not the kind of thing I'd want to use daily, because my skin does get sensitized to things. This is a pretty big negative.
[Note: I have come back to this review to say that I have since used a different brand's shampoo that has aluminum lauryl sulfate in it. I have used it for 4 hairwashes, and it does not bother my skin at all, so it is possible that it was not the aluminum lauryl sulfate, but a different ingredient, in the Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Shampoo/Conditioner that disturbed my skin so much.]

Throughout the day post-showering, my hair condition has morphed several times, which I don't often experience with a shampoo/conditioner.
a. When it was first dry (air-dried), it seemed a bit frizzy, but better smoothed-down than it's been in the past couple weeks of trying other product lines out. The best part was that the ends looked much better than they have lately, especially since the last product line I tried (Redken Blonde Glam) made the bottom 2 inches of my strands splay out like the edge of a frayed ribbon.
b. Two hours later, you could tell that my hair was kind of flattened/weighed down, because even though it's just chin length and there isn't much excess length to play with, today it appears - no kidding - to be about an inch longer than it has appeared in the last two weeks when I was using other products. Someone who sees me nearly every day exclaimed this afternoon, "Wow, your hair has really grown!" But it's not that my hair has grown so much from yesterday to today, it's that this product line really makes it lie flat.
Now, I know that I am a weird woman for thinking this, but I actually don't mind having flat hair. My hair is fine and straight naturally, and as long as the scalp is clean and the hair isn't oily or greasy, I think it's fine if my hair looks smooth and straight. I don't care about volume at the roots, waves, bounce, etc. So I didn't mind that it made my hair look longer today. In fact, I've been trying to grow my hair out for a couple of years, ever since one week of using a new type of Paul Mitchell shampoo made my long, healthy hair all break off suddenly, so if today my hair looks one inch past my chin instead of right at my chin, that's a good thing.
This being said, even though it was lying flat, that doesn't mean all the frizziness was gone. There was still some frizziness all along the length, but less frizziness than other recent product lines have caused (though it was more frizziness than I had had with the old-formula All Soft).
c. Twelve hours after washing it, I caught my reflection in a mirror in the laundry room, and I noticed that the appearance/behavior changed again. My hair suddenly has a lot of static, even though there is plenty of humidity in the air (it's a lovely spring evening, and the heat isn't on - neither is the air conditioner). It's so static-y that bunches of strands are hovering up of their own volition, and when I turn my head, they cling to my chin and cheeks. The main section of my hair looks dark, dull, and lank. But the bottom 2 inches at the end are now looking pretty dry, and starting to stick out in the frayed-ribbon effect.

I've also got several pimples on my scalp, which arrived from nowhere this evening. This is not normally something that I experience on my scalp. Maybe it's not related to the Tresemme Naturals products, but the timing is suspicious

Therefore, the Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture shampoo and conditioner are a definite "no" for me. I had already decided never to use them again when they made my facial skin burn for several hours after my shower, but even if that effect had been absent, they do not make my hair look good or behave well.

===
If anyone knows of a good shampoo/conditioner product line that matches the effects of the OLD Redken All Soft line (before it was reformulated at the beginning of 2012), please send me a message via this site. Thank you!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dread having to use this shampoo everyday because I have to finish it and not waste the money spent on it -_-
It doesn't provide any moisture, makes the scalp itchy, and REALLY tangles my hair. Everytime I try to comb it through my hair with my fingers, it tangles my hair up and I end up pulling out like 8 strands of hair.

If you want a good affordable moisturizing shampoo, use Dove Oil Care, my HG shampoo :D

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by nicolesaba

This shampoo made my scalp SOOOOO ITCHY. it was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I was drawn in by the packaging originally because Ive heard good things about tresemme so I thought I'd give it a shot, but it was TERRIBLE. The only good thing was the smell. I wont buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely hate the smell but the shampoo works well. The smell is fruity but I just can't stand it. Even though I have fine and oily hair, I went with this over the Volumizing shampoo because all the reviews suggested that the shampoo can be drying. My hair still gets oily but it is not that bad the next day.