November 28, 2014 | 874 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Purple Lab Pearlesque Show

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw this primer mentioned in a magazine. I had to try it when I found out it does not have any silicones. I try to avoid silicones because they aggravate my acne. This primer is truly amazing and my absolute favorite. This has become the only primer I use and I always have another tube as a backup. This primer smells amazing and has a silky, smooth texture. It easily smooths into my skin. I do not need a lot of it so a tube lasts for several months. The tube itself squeezes most of the product out. When I am down to the last bit I just cut open the middle to finish it. I have been really happy with how this really makes my makeup last without irritating my skin. The only issue is this primer is really hard to find. I am not sure if it is discontinued. If you can find it, definitely try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Synderella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hope I'm not jumping the gun since I've just put this on about 2 hours ago. As of now, this blows my prior primer go-to's: Laura Mercier, Smashbox Photo finish and M..A.C. Prep & Prime OUT OF THE WATER. I get reddish areas by my nose and cheeks & fine lines under my eyes, both problems are not even noticeable . I only paid $12.00 for this primer, significantly less than my usuals, that's a bonus in itself. I'll see where this stands in a few more hours since generally my primer & foundation begins breaking down after 5-6 hours and the dryness. redness & fine lines start becoming visible. However, I do wonder why Purple Lab primer is so hard to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by shadowboxer

I found this product while looking for a silicone-free primer, which rules out most of them. Silicones are what give you that super smooth feel but they also break me out into a mess of cystic acne.
This stuff is amazing. It goes on smoothly and makes my makeup stay put in humid Maryland weather. It did a decent job keeping the oiliness at bay..think luminous, not shiny. Love this. Will definitely buy again. The smell's kinda powdery, nothing offensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by prcdnvl28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations for this primer and my hopes were not only met, they were surpassed! I grabbed a few on clearance and figured if they weren't good, no harm done. First of all, the 1.7 oz size is quite large for a primer. Once I opened the product I was skeptical with all the verbiage about 'perfect alabaster skin.' I'm a brown-skinned girl, and the last thing I need is a chalky, ashy cast. Not so! It spread like a dream and lasted all day; in fact, it almost controls my oily skin (not the nose - that needed blotting) *all day* at work (9+ hours some days). I can see myself using this on its own on no makeup days. Sold! Just in case this product will be discontinued, I'm snapping up a few more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very interested in non-silicone primers. Unfortunately, I could not find this prod in the website. Is it very new?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by skg599

Love this no-cone primer! Goes on extremely smooth and is easy to spread. Has a pleasant, very light, powdery smell that fades fast. Dry down is very velvety at first then it dries down totally smooth. Makeup applied easy as can be and stayed fresh and radiant. Dumped Smashbox for this primer, a new fave in my makeup kit. Packaging was very nice and liked the tube design/special cap and romance card, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by sps312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG i am starting to hate purple lab for making all these things i never thought i needed before into necessities! first foundation, now primer. ill admit it seems pretty pointless at first thought, but because im obsessed with this brand i decided to give it a shot. my skin looked AMAZING, and i do not, unfortunately, have great skin. purple lab's whole things is that they do "double-duty beauty", which i thought was just talk, but the care they put into their ingredients does make a huge difference in their products. like this primer: other primers havent done much for me, but this one has PEARLS and it and my skin really did seem, well, luminous. what was also great about this is that it created a really smooth base on which my other makeup went over beautifully. gotta say, this one's a keeper.