December 22, 2014 | 1842 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Retinol Dermatologics Nx Concentrated Retinol Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by gladlizette

A total waste of money.. I really wanted this product to work but it let me down. I was hoping to see somekind of results but it didnt meet my expectations. Not a good product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

UPDATE: Warning! This stuff broke me out so bad. I am not acne prone at all and this stuff started to give me huge zits on the tops of my cheeks that took a week to clear up. I knew it was this because when I stopped using it, my face slowly but surely went back to normal. I can no longer use this unfortunately.

I believe this serum has 1% retinol to the best of my knowledge. This is why I purchased it. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now. The first thing I noticed is the smoothness and texture of my skin. It's utterly soft. Sinks right in, not greasy or oily at all. I'm using this as preventative aging as I don't have any fine lines or wrinkles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Great product. Does exactly what a retinoid should do but I can get prescription generic Retin-A for cheaper so I'd rather use a prescription than an OTC product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this product again, after 5 months of regular use. I purchased 1st from QVC, and thought the price expensive for Neutrogena. Dermatolgics is supposed to be the "Upper" end of Neutrogena. 2nd Time I purchased from ebay, as I was going to run out. (QVC: $64, ebay $51... QVC much slower at shipping)

I knew nothing about Retinols, so I scoured the boards for advice. I used this every other night, and I had good results, especially with the jowels, and the area around the mouth. I smoke so I am regularly forming facial lines, and I know, I know, I'm going to quit. I started a month ago using every night. No breakouts, no zits. Believe me, I have broken out a lot from all these wrinkle creams I have tried. I just can't afford to, as now zits make scars that don't go away.

I went to the dermatologist for my sensitive skin on my legs, and to discuss Retin-A. He looked at my skin and said, "you don't have wrinkles..." (I love him, but he's married...) He said, with your sensitive redhead skin, Retin-A will kill you. So I showed him the Neutrogena and he said to keep using it, and to use it all around the eye area, which I haven't done. He also looked at Dr Denese' Firming Facial and Eye Pads (10% Glycolic Acid) and said these won't do anything for you."

EDIT: The upper eye area likes it just fine and appears to be responding fine and I am wearing eyeshadow again.

I just started using this on my eyes, after 4 days under my eyes feel dry, parched and I fear a new wrinkle. I gave it a rest and put on the Shishiedo eye mask (with Retinol) on night 5.
Night 6
I just remembered I started out with this every other day, so I am going to go back to that. Other boards reveal that some dryness and fine lines occur after you use it and it may take 2 months, 5 months a year before it gets better.
I have been using Shiseido Benefiance concentrated anti-eye cream for two weeks, and sometimes during the day, it is so dry. I'm going to switch over to that Lighter Perlier eye cream after, as it never gives me any trouble.

Night 7: Used pumpkin cleanser from mychelle and rinsed my face 15 times. I didn't used to have very much dryness. I also used their sunscreen... as we had a sunny day in Seattle. I wonder if I was leaving cleanser at the tip of my eye area and that's why it ws drying out... because today it feels great and less puffy and that extra wrinkle is gone. whew.

Day 12: My upper eyelids have lifted, wrinkles are less, and I am so happy. The undereye area extra wrinkles that I feared above are gone. whew. I'm pretty happy.
Also, I tried putting an AHA on an area of my cheek (Area 51) that has acne scars 1 / 2 hour before I put on the Retinol. They are fading very nicely. I've also been drinking a lot more water, but still on a high sugar intake.

Day 20: My upper eye area has lifted and now I'm using all my old fave eye shadows again. Lower eye area: wrinkles are lessening. Area 51 Acne Scar zone on right cheek is fading. (now I am using Mychelle Night cream and Eye cream 1/2 hour after I put the neutro on and that is working really well for the wrinkles and puffiness.)

Full Size Image