April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Eye Shadow - L.A. Colors - Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow (all colors)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by shivixyz

The packaging of the loose eyeshadow absolutely sucks but the product itself is ok. I have four of them in the colors honeysuckle, chocolate sprinkles, radiant, and sunshine. I absolutely love the colors as they have just enough sparkle, and I use them pretty much everyday. The pigments can be quite messy if used dry and leads to alot of fallout. However, I've found out that if you apply the eyeshadow with a damp sponge applicator with an eyelid primer underneath it last thoughout the day. I gave it four stars because even though the product itself is ok, the brush is an absolute nuisance and I advise depotting the eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing this in the colour Chocolate Sprinkles.

The product itself is great and perfectly on par with more expensive pigments. Good colour payoff, finely milled glitter, and lasts perfectly with a good primer and base (NYX in milk for a more subtle colour payoff, a sticky base like Pixie Epoxy for bold, intense colour), which you really should be using with any loose shadows anyway. As with any loose shadow, there's going to be some fallout. There's really no way to avoid it. I always do my eye makeup first and then the rest of my face, regardless of what kind of shadow I'm using, so I can wipe off any fallout before applying foundation instead of potential fallout ruining already-applied makeup. I'd wager to say that while certain colours and finishes (mattes and neons) can be tricky, it's pretty hard to mess up a neutral shimmer/glitter pigment.

Not a fan of the brush or packaging, which is why it lost one lippy. The brush broke on me when I first pulled it out of the container and because the mouth is so deep with such a narrow hole, it can be a little difficult to get the product. I use my own preferred brushes anyway, so I don't care that mine broke, but if you're going to bother including one, you should at least make sure it stays together. As for getting the product out, I just shake it (with the lid firmly on!) upside down into the cap and apply it from there. When I stop being lazy, I'll probably shake it all out and transfer it into a 5 or 10g jar.

As the actual eyeshadow is very nice and the price is so affordable, I will definitely be buying more colours. However, I wold love it even more if it were just in a standard jar with sifter, like the L.A Splash cosmetics glitter, sans crappy brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by TheBirthdayMassacre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in "Sunshine" and I use it as an inner eyelid highlight. As everybody else has said before, the packaging and brush SUCK. The brush gets all bent up in the container, and it's way too thick. Even when you don't use the brush, the packaging really restricts your ability to use it. I just use my own brush, it's actually meant for gel eyeliner but...whatever, I use it for this.

As for the shadow itself, it's very high-quality. I like how it has the perfect ratio of shimmer and color (Sunshine is, if not yet obvious, a gold color). It really brightens my eyes, and stays put all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

Not the best , not the worse I dislike how it's packaged so hard to get the eyeshadow out and it don't have much in there, the brush is trash i like the shimmer but don't last long at all

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MassacrPrincess

I needed a sparkly white for under my brow when I do some fun looks and I picked this up for $1.25 which is already a steal! And it is actually perfect. I use a white from my mac eyeshadow palette under my brows then add this on top and it adds a nice clear sparkle. :) I do dislike the packaging.. I take the brush they give you out when I use it and dip my small eye shadow brush in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

I have a love hate relationship with these. I hate the fallout these have even tho I tapped the brush a few times. They don't last long either. I do like the how pigmented they are though. But for only a dollar I can't really complain too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like these eye dusts. These are the closest replacement to Cookie Puss eye dusts I have been able to find. They are full of shimmer, and they have great staying power. I don't always use eyelid primer when applying my eye makeup, and I sweat like a pig when I'm at work. This stuff will stay put. The packaging is dreadful, though. It is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, all it does is spill powder all over everything. I get a power drill and drill through the top opening where the brush goes in to, and I pour or spoon the powder into plastic sifter containers without the sifter.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought 3 of these and I dislike them terribly, I used once and gave them away. The brushes were horrible, so I pulled them out and threw away right off the bat. The eyeshadow is messy and has no lasting power even with an eye primer. I was disappointed but for the price who cares! The colors were very pretty, that was a plus, but that's it. Save your money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by pinkstangcloud

I love this eye shadow it surprisingly covers and blends pretty well for $1 u get the crappiest brush and bottle I just dumped it in an old mac jar and use my brushes which is why I gave it a 4 if it was in a better jar I def would give a 5. I have radiant The best color btw and sunshine. I wish they had more colors I would be able to cut my cost on some of the shimmery pigment I have from mac yeah they are nicer to blend and a bit more pigmented but the price is too high and if I could get this close to the same affect for waaay cheaper with only a little more effort I will

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kittykatkey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have two of these.

Lollipop, and Sunshine.

Amazing colour--either applied dry or wet.

Horrible applicator.

I actually use the brush it comes with, and put some on the inside of the lid, then take my regular brush and dip it in, and use it!

If you can get the product without having to go through the nine levels of hell, it'll be perfect.