L.A. Colors Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow (all colors)

Price: $

Price: $

I recently purchased this in "Honey Suckle" from my local Dollar Tree, and am surprised at how much I like it! Such a pretty, soft shimmery nude shade, that is perfect for an everyday natural but better look. The brush isn't the best, and I find wetting it helps with application by allowing the loose powder to stick and apply more vibrantly. The packaging is at least cute! For $1, I will most def. repurchase!

I have this in two colors, Honeysuckle and Melon Sorbet.

Honeysuckle is a lovely shimmery nude cream shade, great neutral everyday color. Works well as a highlighter for the tear duct area too.

Melon Sorbet is a shimmery pale golden coral, it reminds me of MAC Melon. I wore this a lot during the summer, I was just really digging the pretty melon color.

First, I have to address the packaging. It needs a redesign, for sure. You twist open the cap and it has a little brush inside of a narrow opening. First time I looked at that brush I literally said "WTF is this" out loud, LOL. That brush is the saddest thing ever, hard sparse bristles that scratch the skin and doesn't pick up any pigment, so bizarre. Just...why? Why is it there?!

So I just take that lame brush out, and turn the bottle upside down and gently tap the eyeshadow into the cap, then use a real brush to pick it up and apply.

It has a nice texture to it, nice and smooth, and the pigmentation is actually really good even without primer. But primer really makes it vibrant and last longer.

I've had no problems with these eyeshadows, for a dollar they are pretty darn good, and I plan on getting some more colors. A good amount comes in the package too so it will last forever. Check it out next time you're at the dollar store.

I have purchased these in multiple colors. I loved all of the colors but hated the packaging like the rest of the reviews. I would not have repurchased these but I recently depotted three of these gems and I love them. I placed three of them in a standard 3g jar and one in one of the jars you get at dollar tree for glitters and whatnot (8 for $1 package). The 3g jar (from the $1 bin at Target 3 in a pack) works like a dream and a little at the top is left for dipping your brush and tapping off excess. I don't have the sifters in the jar. I have changed my mind about this product and would repurchase but have to remember to take the time to depot these things.

I love the product and the color the only problem I have is the packaging and the brush it SUCKS.please do something about it.I won't buy again unless packaging is changed.over all I give a 4 because of the color just not worth fighting to get it out.and having to use that crappy brushIF U CHANGE IT I would buy again

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using these pigments since I was in high school. The quality of the actual product is unfortunately tainted with the bullshit packaging. The brush is grossly mangled and not useable. The packaging would greatly benefit from having the brush switched out and replaced the with a sort of plunger. But other than that, I love it. The lighter shades do have more reflect. The mid tone shades are perfect for simple washes of color during the day. And the darker shades layer beautifully over other shadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Congrats to this eyeshadow for having the mot horrible packaging, but the best product hidden away inside. I honestly don't think any packaging could be worse than this, but I'm more than willing to put up with it for the actual product that comes inside- that is WAY more important anyway.

If you haven't tried these puppies wet, you better head to your powder room RIGHT NOW, put some fix+ on your brushes and get to work!!! I have the shades sunshine, and chocolate sprinkles. Used dry these shadows are brilliant, but used wet...amazing!

Now if you have never foiled pigments before, all you need to do is take anything wet- water, setting spray (this is why I referred to fix+ before), or my favorite- eye drops! Eye drops are a staple in my makeup bag for this reason. They instantly intensify any eyeshadow you own.

Put either of these things on your eyeshadow brush (please for the love of all things good, do not use the brush they give you with this product. I'd rather you use a kabuki brush on your eyes before you use the brush that comes with this) and dip it into the product. You can place the foiled pigment all over your lid, or just in the center of the lid. Placing it in the center will give the eye dimension, and a bigger, brighter look.

Like I said before, if you own these and have only used them dry, you are missing out. They look great dry, but foiled they just look SO AMAZING. It makes me emotional just talking about it. I wish they would make these in more colors, I only own two because I would never wear the other colors they offer.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's talk review, people. These pigments are very comparable to higher end pigments. The consistency is really quite good, especially considering the price. You get quite a bit of product, so I can't see myself every actually running out of them, which is nice. Used dry they can fallout a little, but this is normal for pigments, it's not a con, I'm just pointing that out. Used wet you get slightly less fallout, and you can purchase "glitter glue" primers that prevent fallout all together, even with chunky glitters.

The shade sunshine is a color I usually foil and place in the center of the lid. Chocolate sprinkles however, looks AMAZING over MAC's "club", I put these two all over the lid, and of course use different shades to blend through the crease. This pair together GIVES ME LIFE. If you don't have Club, a pretty good dupe is found in the WNW "comfort zone" palette, it's the "definer" shade on the bottom right hand side.

Overall these pigments are very impressive, I love them and get a lot of use out of the shades I own. 10/10 recommend :D

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I actually use the lollipop color as a blush. Its perfect for me. Its ok as a shadow but love it on my cheeks. I use a blush brush, not the one that comes with it. Hate the packaging tho.

I got the color Radiant and I am in love!!!!! It is such a perfect daytime shadow! I would recommend this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The packaging of the loose eyeshadow absolutely sucks but the product itself is ok. I have four of them in the colors honeysuckle, chocolate sprinkles, radiant, and sunshine. I absolutely love the colors as they have just enough sparkle, and I use them pretty much everyday. The pigments can be quite messy if used dry and leads to alot of fallout. However, I've found out that if you apply the eyeshadow with a damp sponge applicator with an eyelid primer underneath it last thoughout the day. I gave it four stars because even though the product itself is ok, the brush is an absolute nuisance and I advise depotting the eyeshadows.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm reviewing this in the colour Chocolate Sprinkles.

The product itself is great and perfectly on par with more expensive pigments. Good colour payoff, finely milled glitter, and lasts perfectly with a good primer and base (NYX in milk for a more subtle colour payoff, a sticky base like Pixie Epoxy for bold, intense colour), which you really should be using with any loose shadows anyway. As with any loose shadow, there's going to be some fallout. There's really no way to avoid it. I always do my eye makeup first and then the rest of my face, regardless of what kind of shadow I'm using, so I can wipe off any fallout before applying foundation instead of potential fallout ruining already-applied makeup. I'd wager to say that while certain colours and finishes (mattes and neons) can be tricky, it's pretty hard to mess up a neutral shimmer/glitter pigment.

Not a fan of the brush or packaging, which is why it lost one lippy. The brush broke on me when I first pulled it out of the container and because the mouth is so deep with such a narrow hole, it can be a little difficult to get the product. I use my own preferred brushes anyway, so I don't care that mine broke, but if you're going to bother including one, you should at least make sure it stays together. As for getting the product out, I just shake it (with the lid firmly on!) upside down into the cap and apply it from there. When I stop being lazy, I'll probably shake it all out and transfer it into a 5 or 10g jar.

As the actual eyeshadow is very nice and the price is so affordable, I will definitely be buying more colours. However, I wold love it even more if it were just in a standard jar with sifter, like the L.A Splash cosmetics glitter, sans crappy brush.