December 18, 2014 | 1733 users online

Treatments (Face) - IQQU - Acne Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just to comment on the FDA-legality part of the issue. Since it is an acne treatment, it is classified as a drug (same goes for sunscreens and things like dandruff shampoos etc. that are sold over-the-counter). Therefore, it MUST be approved by the FDA, unlike regular cosmetics that are not legally defined as treating a particular medical condition. Therefore, the fact that the company claimed that it was FDA approved when it was not, and sold it as a treatment for a medical condition makes it fraudulent. Effectiveness aside, this is a serious legal issue, involving both fraud and misrepresentation of a product which may have dubious efficacy. Save your money for something that actually works (e.g. A/BHAs, BP, natural/holistic treatments) and skip this. Even if it works, you shouldn't support a company that lies to its customer base and commits fraud.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by sealight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a nice product, but it definitely does not work enough to justify the price. It did moderately help keep acne at bay and prevent it, but like I said it wasn't a wow or an amazing, more like a "meh nice". If that makes sense.
I like the feel of it on my skin, but I don't think I'll be coughing up the money for it again, especially with the scandals that seem to be surrounding it. Anyone have good, basic, acne clearing product recommendations?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Beguile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. (Direct copy/paste from the government site dailymed.) You want to rub this on your face?

Let me put it in simple terms; the FDA tested this "serum" and found it to be both ineffective and unsafe. Please put your own health above any hype and be logical in your decision as to whether or not to use this product. And don't give it to friends or family without first making them aware of the fact that it failed meeting FDA standards and let them make an informed decision as well.

**While many cosmetics do not need to seek FDA approval acne serums and sunscreens are listed as 'drugs,' in that they medicate your skin.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by anjyewilleatyou

This product is horrible. I had a lot of faith in Michelle Phan because I've been watching her videos since day one. Since she advertised IQQU products I thought that it'd be safe to purchase the acne serum, but its been breaking out my skin like no other. My skin would have been better off with nothing on it. I spent a lot of money on IQQU products in one go, its a shame they don't allow refunds. What a crappy product. I'm just left with scars now. Do not buy any of IQQU's products. I've contacted the FDA and I'm hoping they will find a solution for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by brandom

tldr: i miss the pump. it was easier to use less product and make it last. but anyway, this product helped reduce scarring a bit (will not help deep scars), as well as the pores around my nose, and prevented acne. it may seem stupid to some people, but it's pretty much a staple in my routine. in fact, i need to get some more because i'm almost out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This doesn't help on my existing acne nor on my acne scars. It doesn't hydrate at all like it says on the packaging. I continue to break out after using this product. However, one good thing I like about it is that this products has made my complexion about one shade lighter! I think it is because of the ingredient yeast extract, which whitens the skin. And I wouldn't purchase this again because it is VERY expensive ~$35 including shipping.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by JayBlack

Terrible stuff. It broke me out SO bad! DON'T buy it. Waste of money, and there's no return policy. HOW CAN THERE BE NO RETURN POLICY?! That's just shady business. I really used to look up to Michelle, it's a shame she's gone so downhill.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by xjhangelx28x

First off, this is hella expensive, and it did not help my acne ONE BIT! It's smells great and all, but I've been using it for 3 months now, and nothing happened. I didn't break out--nor did my skin break out. I basically spent $20 for nothing.

And plus, when I put a bad review on the product on IQQU, it never showed there! Uhh, desparate much?

So why did I rate it 2/5? Well I had recently purchased bio oil (for acne scars) and as persistant as I was with this product, I used the acne serum under the bio oil and it was better than applying the bio oil alone. I don't know how that worked. And btw, bio oil smelled a lot like the acne serum as well...hmmm...

But, don't buy it. There is no garentee (<--Srry for spelling), and I heard it's not even FDA approved!! Srsly, don't waste your money on this!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Blazikenblade

Ms. Phan has stated many times that her products are US FDA approved however this is not the case.

She posted on her Facebook account this reply on November 24, 2010 at 11:17pm.

The fact is that at least one product is NOT FDA approved while two have not been reviewed.

From the U.S. National Library of Medicine (a U.S. GOVERNMENT website):
(not reviewed thus not approved) IQQU ADVANCE SUNSCREEN - http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=26247
(not reviewed thus not approved) IQQU ADVANCED SUNSCREEN SPF 50 - http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=33072

IQQU ACNE SERUM (acne serum) lotion - http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=34402
From the U.S. National Library of Medicine
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA.
Michelle Phan committed fraud when she posted it IS FDA approved. Her company is NOT LLC protected which means SHE can be held legally responsible.

Furthermore her LLC, registered in Florida, expired in September 2010 because she failed to file yearly reports. If she failed to file yearly reports did she also fail to report her quarterly statements to the Florida Dept of Revenue? Her products ship from Florida, her company was registered in Florida and while she now lives in California there is no record of her having a business license in either California or Florida. Again, her LLC expired in Florida.

The bottom line is this. Ms. Phan's IQQU Beauty are NOT FDA approved and it's fraudlent to claim otherwise. If she's lying about her own products then why should you trust her to represent a company like Lancome? I know I wouldn't.

28 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second tube of this and I don't think I'm going to repurchase because I just can't justify the price at the moment. This hasn't broken me out at all unlike other users, in fact I think this helps the acne on my cheeks a little bit - not a lot, just a little. I have moderate acne on the bottom half of my cheeks and I think whilst this might help someone with mild acne, for me I need something stronger. It smeels nice - like sweetened tea tree oil, the texture is how you'd expect a serum to be and I didn't find it drying at all, plus it goes on really well under make up. As for how much product you get I really have to wonder how much people are using to say there isn't a lot in the tube because there is plenty. You don't have to slather this on, just a fair bit will do. If the price was lowered I'd probably buy it again, but for it's minor results this just isn't worth the money at all and I've got to admit I'm a little spooked by all these rumors that it's unsafe :(