April 19, 2014 | 1901 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my #1 favorite concealer. I use it in #18 Chocolate and I can't believe how well it matches my skin tone. For someone who has oily skin and who tends to breakout from time to time, this product provides excellent coverage, last all day, no breakouts and feels super light on the skin.

As a side note, this product dries super fast so you have to work quickly. I don't like to apply this with a brush so instead, I use clean fingers to pat the product onto the areas I'm trying conceal. It also works great for under eyes using the same finger and patting motion. If you have dry skin/under eyes use a moisturizing eye cream before applying this. Otherwise, this is a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by shenny241

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This concealer is awesome! it gives a very well coverage and aids very well in covering acne scarring and etc! Will deff repurchase this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Kiwipop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was a very pricey concealer at $37 CAD from Sephora. For reference, I am NC20-25 or 3Y06 in Color IQ and I use shade #7 Sand. It matches my skin almost perfectly!

This is so pigmented and you really do not need a lot of product at all. The tube comes with 15 ml of product which will last me forever.

For an in-depth picture demonstration of the coverage of the concealer by itself and with a corrector, please check out my full review here:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by RubyThursday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

HG concealer! I love this.

Covers up blemishes really well. Doesn't cake. Water and sweat resistant. Lasts all day. I could wear this to bed (and have on ocassion - naughty) and it'll still be on when I get up.

I wear shade 03 and it's the prefect match for my skin tone. It is pretty expensive, but it does last a long time. I've had this one for about 6 months and I have just under half left. My only other problem is that it's not available in most shops. I buy mine from Guru Makeup Emporium for £22.95 (plus an extra few pound for delivery)

I don't use this under my eyes because it is quite thick and ends up caking. But for blemishes and redness it's perfect.

Seriously, if you have blemishes/redness/oily skin that makeup seems to just slide right off of, try this. You won't be sorry. Although your purse might be.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by RachelNEpperly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this time and time again, for years because it lasts forever. Full coverage. Stays on. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This will definitely cover anything you want. It does not get dry, cakey or crease. However its not entirely perfect…

Pros:
Covers acne and scarring

Cons:
Oxidizes
Has some comedogenic ingredients (I don't know if it causes me to break out though…)

I'm also using Lancome's concealer right now - both very different consistencies but its a close tie.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by tiny101

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with rosacea. When my skin broke out horribly with cystic acne and eczema dry patches last year, this was the product that I went to. I truly believe that this is the best concealer for problematic/sensitive skin and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a truly full-coverage concealer. (Note: do not use in the under-eye area, as it may settle into the fine lines).

[ PROS ]
- Covered all redness/acne/eczema on my face without irritating my skin more (I used a lot of it on a daily basis and have used up 5-6 tubes already)
- A little can go a long way so the price tag is more justified
- Is water resistant
- Does not oxidize or change in any way even after 10 hours of wear, although a setting powder is a good idea for those with oily skin like me
- Looks natural when applied properly (I suggest using clean fingers as the finish looks better than when applied with a brush)
- Tube packaging is hygienic and easy to use

[ CONS ]
- Pricey compared to many other concealers
- Can settle into fine lines

This concealer did wonders for my very sensitive and problematic skin. As long as the formula does not change, I will continue to repurchase over and over again, while recommending this to others :).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

I've been on a concealer mission for some time now (my requirements are pretty stringent), and after several misses I settled on this one. For reference, I have medium-tan olive skin (around NC 42ish in the dead of winter), and the #10 golden beige in this concealer is a good match for me. The coverage is certainly full, which I appreciate, and the container is hygenic. Another plus - and something that I'm still getting accustomed to - is that you really only need a very small amount of this product per use. (Otherwise matters can get a bit messy). I use this concealer exclusively under my eyes, set it with a bit of Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, and I'm good for the day. So far I have noticed no creasing or settling into the fine lines around my eyes, and the consistency of this concealer does not highlight the flakiness that sometimes appears near my undereyes from topical medication. If you are looking for a concealer that is very brightening, then this is perhaps not the best choice, but in combination with the setting powder that I use it performs very well. I would repurchase. My only complaint? I wish that this came in stick form, as I find that slightly less messy. Otherwise, I'm satisfied.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by shay1127

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this concealer so bad but I just couldn't. Let me start by saying I did love how it looks on the skin in normal , how to sets quickly,and must of all the full coverage for my under eye darkness. Now for the cons for a dark skin woman this concealer looks HORRIBLE in pictures that use flash, regardless of your blending.It also burned under my eyes which have never happened before with any other product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

I have tried SO MANY concealers to cover acne and acne scars, and this is by far the best because it gives a very full coverage without looking cakey, it doesn't fade or slip off throughout the day even when my skin gets oily, and it doesn't cause further breakouts. I can easily get an entire workday's wear without worrying about it. I usually just dab it on in small amounts where I need it, then blend with a soft brush like a MAC 224 and it comes out perfect!

The only sort of negative thing I would say about it is that it doesn't work as well as an undereye concealer for me, but that is mainly because I like something a little more brightening for that area.