E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product! I have the transparent powder and I use it everyday, its fantastic and is my favorite powder to use! After applying my primer and foundation I put this on with a brush (rather than the cushion included) and it makes my makeup matte, you cany see my pores, and I can re apply through out the day when my face gets shiby again, one of my favorite ELF products!!👍

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product did not work at all. I expected a mattifying setting powder to use on my very oily skin, but was very disappointed. Loose powders always are messy, but the awful packaging on this made it even worse! It just spills everywhere, and the lid is extremely hard to get on. It looks cakey and white, and looked horrible in the photos I took to test it out. I would not buy this product ever again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this in the summer of 2015 and still have more than 2/3 of the product still remaining.

Here are the pros and cons from my experience with the powder.

Pros:
1. Extremely matte
2. Makes your skin feel extremely smooth
3. Quite fine (on a scale of 1-10 it is about a 7, which is not too bad)
4. Lots of product
5. ONLY $6.00

Cons:
1. Extremely matte (Can't use all over my face when I have dry patches)
2. Accentuates dry patches
3. Tricky to use correctly (too much on the brush will give a white cast
4. Packaging is huge and often times very messy

Overall, this product is a few notches better than "just okay"
I don't think I would repurchase, as there is so much product, but if I run out... I'll think about it. As of now, I use the power just under my lash line to prevent my mascara from smudging (it really helps 100%)
I just can't use it all over my face right not because I have dry skin.
I emptied a but of this product into an empty (and very clean) L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow pot. It makes it incredibly easy to take this powder around for touch ups (works nicely as mid-day touch up powder).

If you're thinking about purchasing this powder, look through the reviews to see if your skin and this powder would be compatible.

Hope this helps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was a huge disappointment. I was hoping it would be an effective dupe for MUFE HD powder, but alas. The powder just sat on top of my skin in large specks of white. I needed to basically dust off my face before leaving the house. I did not find this to be finely milled and It was basically unwearable for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

im a drugstore fan. Sometimes amazing things happen at amazing prices!
This was definitely not one....
It oxidised all of my make up 5 seconds after i put it on and turned me orange! I dont have oily skin, so i thought "okay lets clense everything properly" and low and behold, even after cleansing and everything, it took 10 mins to oxidise instead of 5, which is worse if you're leaving the house!!!!! I've tried with primers, without, switched foundations.... Its just awful. AWFUL. Finely milled but still bad.

I really enjoy the transparent shade of this powder.
It's super soft and blurs pores and fine lines, sets concealer and foundation perfectly and makes your skin look and feel silky.
The coloured version was disappointing and washed me out completely, however for the price, if you're looking for a really cheap, yet good quality powder to set your makeup, the transparent version is great.

I do have a problem with the packaging however, the sheer messiness of it puts me off using the product yet i somehow always end up applying it almost everyday.
A high end alternative is the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder.

I bought this powder because I ran out of a mineral powder that was much more expensive. Thinking that this would be an acceptable replacement (forever a cheapskate), I bought this. Terrified of the white powder because say what you will, I'm not a fan of looking like a ghost, I bought "hint of tint". In my mind, I'm picturing a pale nude color. Okay, great. The problem is I can't see the color of the product inside the package before I buy it. Naive me, I buy it anyway. I get home, so excited to try it (ah, the thrill of a new product!), open it up, and it explodes everywhere. I look at the dust that I am now covered in and it is a glaring RED color. Not beige. Not nude. Not yellow. RED. Okay, okay. This must just be a mistake right? In hopes that it would turn out different on my skin, I use a loose powder brush and then buff it in. It looks like I am a burn victim and the only skin graft I could get was from a lobster (skin graft? crustacean shell graft? meh.). Not being one to give up, I put it on the next morning. The least it can do is keep away the oil on my forehead, right? I go to the restroom after my anatomy lab, and either that dissection we did had me sweating balls or the powder just straight up didn't work. Probably both. I might have created this account just to warn others of this product. Okay, also because I'm a makeup and skincare junkie. But I digress. Hint of tint is a no-go.

did absolutely nothing for my skin. just sat on top of it, didn't control oil, didn't do anything at all. didn't really make me look better either, just sat on my skin and made it look powdery and dry even when applied with a light hand.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

While I don't have the world's driest skin, I have a problem with things looking dry on it. I also need to really set my face considering I wear a lot of sunscreen and then foundation on top.

PROS: It's white. Say what you want, but being pale, I don't want "transparent" powders with a tint. The undertone is off and I don't need something else than can oxidize. White helps keep your foundation the right tone. The powder is finely milled and smooth, almost slippery feeling.

CONS: This is not for dry skin. It looks powdery, even after trying to blend it a lot. I'm not sure if it's my foundation, this powder, or that COSRX moisturizer which isn't working out as well as it did intially in the long run, but my skin is looking dry and cake. This powder is really not helping either, it is really shine free and it keeps it that way for hours (break down is another story). I find matte powders like this only good on my skin when it's bare or has extremely low coverage products, with foundation or anything else it looks really bad. It's easy to overdo this powder.

OTHER: Really blend it. It can leave grains on the face and the puff is comes with can lay it on super heavy unless you really work it into the puff first.

I can't decide between giving it 1 star or two stars.

I was pleasantly shocked by this product. For only $6 I didn't really have high hopes. I just bought this because I needed something to set my liquid foundation. But this stuff applied super soft and sheer and totally blurred any pores or fine lines. I wouldn't recommend this to tanner individuals because I can tell it does do a bit of lightening, but I like it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials