March 2, 2015 | 1720 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2015 1:40:00 AM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have dehydrated-normal skin and I got this as an extra in an exchange and decided to try it out. I thought it was excellent at drying up my skin. It could have been more finely milled but for the price it is a great deal. Although I'm still not sure what possessed me to try it as my skin doesn't exactly need help with becoming a desert.

I may have used a tad too much as I could see a slight white cast but it's not something I would have noticed if I weren't looking for it. I do think the packaging is a bit bulky and as it's a loose powder it may not be the most convenient for someone who travels frequently.

I passed it along to my oily skinned sister who enjoys it. I wouldn't personally repurchase it since it doesn't suit my skin type (I didn't knock down points on the rating for this as this is entirely my fault) but for anyone with oily skin looking for a powder to help control it may be a good fit.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2015 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kalynn06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this powder is great if you can wear it. You can't beat the price, and I love the look it gives over tinted moisturizer and concealer since I don't like to wear foundation if I don't have to. The problem is that it seems to break me out. The breakouts aren't bad, but every time I use this powder, I get a new zit. These seem to go away quickly when I stop using it, but sadly, I think I'll have to search for something else.

I suspect that my skin just may not like the high dimethicone content in this powder as I sometimes but not always breakout if I use primers with dimethicone. i wonder if it might be a matter of concentration.

Takeaway: This is definitely worth a try for the price. I wish I could use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2015 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Pixiemakeup

This is the first ever HD powder i have brought and i must say it has really been quite useful especially for those days you don't feel like putting a heavy powder on over your already foundationed (i know this isn't a proper word hehe) face so this is great for just giving you a nice matte/light coverage.

When im doing a proper job of my make up ill applying this over my rimmel stay matte powder and it looks really nice, it just blurs out my imperfections and almost gives an airbrushed look to your skin.

Price: Great!
Quality: Fantastic (you don't have to skimp on quality for the price of this product like some other products)
Application: easy! i apply mine with the powder puff given (although id suggest buying a better quality one) and then i just lightly dust off the excess with a powder brush.
Packaging: it can be a little annoying when your trying to get the powder out.

Any hoo! if your wanting a good hd powder for an extremely affordable price id go for this one.
x

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 3:59:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have super dry skin, but my foundation tends t wear off throughout the day and cling to dry patches. I just needed powder to set foundation on my nose, jawline and forehead so that foundation would stay put and avoid transferring onto my cell phone, glasses and and scarves. Omg this powder is awesome. It is so finely milled and leaves your skin incredibly soft. It blurred pores and imperfections while preventing shine, transferring, clinging to dry patches and oxidation. It's amazing and soon much cheaper than my MAC powder! My only complaint is that it can be a little hard to find in Canada, and sometimes the packaging is messy. But I would absolutely recommend this to anyone with dry skin or oily skin. Btw I used this with the Wayne Goss method and it worked great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 2:40:00 PM More reviews by randers

A complete dupe for MUFE HD powder. Nice packaging, great product, low price. The powder is completely transparent on your skin and does a great job of mattifying and blurring. It doesn't get any better than this!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 7:59:00 PM More reviews by jessicanp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't expecting to be so surprised by this powder, but I was! I'm way oilier than most people who identify as "very oily" and have pretty much accepted my fate as an unavoidable grease spill, but this stuff controls shine beauuutifully. I touch up twice in a span of about 8 hours (unfortunately that can't change but whatever), and I noticed that each time I blotted off significantly less oil than usual. When I got home, not only was my face almost matte, but the makeup underneath had stayed on strong all day; even my undereye concealer looked presentable. As long as you only lift off a part of the seal and keep the puff in the (quite large and clunky) container, application is not that messy. But seriously, I can't complain considering the price and quality of the product. As a bonus, this powder doesn't have high toxicity like a lot of other makeup, and that's amazing. My Rimmel Stay Matte has met its last days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2015 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Alishai66

Brilliant affordable product, you cannot go wrong with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by sharkah

Love this stuff! I use a liquid Foundation then this powder and a foundation powder. Makes my makeup stay longer, brightens my face and helps keep my face less shiny.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by astr323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I do like this powder, it's pretty finely milled and does an okay job of setting makeup. makes ur skin feel hella smooth and soft. to be honest I'm not really sure what the point of powder is beyond mattifying foundation/concealer so I can't really tell you how good this product is vs competitors' products simply because it doesn't do much. keeps makeup matte for an okay amount of time, you should expect to have to reapply after two or three hours. also - not a ton of product! I know it's only $5 but I feel like this stuff doesn't even last a month. I'm probably just gonna end up popping the container open when I run out and refilling it with cornstarch.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by puffybubblezz

I was really curious about the good reviews on this product, as I'm kind of a powder junkie. I have this in the original and the yellow. I wanted this product for oil control, but it's pretty bad at it. I'm oily within 3 hours. Rimmel Stay Matte does a better job, for less money and with less mess.

However, the powder is extremely silky. It has a good slip and makes the skin very smooth. It's a bit too pale and doesn't serve my purposes so I only give it 2 stars. Someone with dry or normal skin will probably like this better. But I think there are better powders out there, like Mac Prep & Prime or Coastal Scents silica powder.

I will credit it for having a yellow tone. I always want yellow powders since my neck is so yellow but I've since discovered Meow Cosmetics and now I'll never go back to this.