NYX Eyeshadow Base in White

3.6

*Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, *Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, *Silica (and) Methicone, BHT, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/HexarosinateRicinus Communic (Castor) Seed Oil, *Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Nylon-66, Ceresin,*Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 8/1/2015 6:44:00 PM

I love this product. It works as a primer for me. Never had any crease with it and it lasted all day. I've used hi end, as well as drugstore products with it, and it never failed. All eye shadows I've used, would stick to it, plus it's blendable. When using it, make sure, all product is covered with eye shadows, otherwise you will end up having white patches, will show up if photo taken with strobe light, or if you have dark skin.
Packaging is kinda pain on the ass, not very sanitary.

Overall I'm happy with the quality. A little goes a long way and it does it's job+works as a primer for me.

I like this product. It highlights the lids and makes the eyeshadows brighter and last all day. only need the tiniest bit also. :)

on 7/17/2015 11:55:00 PM

This is a good eyeshadow base, but it's nothing too exceptional. I purchased it hoping it would also serve as a primer, but it definitely doesn't--if anything, it makes shadows crease faster. However, I do still appreciate it, as I have rather veiny eyelids, and this does a good job of covering and brightening at the same time. I have very pale skin, so I like that this highlights my eye area, but I may go on to look for skin-colored bases next to see which I prefer. I got this at Ultra for $5.99, so it won't break the bank to test it out and see how it works for you. Anyway, the texture is very creamy and surprisingly opaque, but not distractingly so. It takes a moment to blend, but sets fairly quickly. Another reviewer mentioned its capabilities with bright shadows and its setbacks with neutral shadows, and I have to agree--this will work best with bright, colorful shadows in keeping them true to their colors and not allowing the skin tone to change it. Neutral tones, however, don't benefit as much, which is another reason as to why I want to try a skin tone base. I said I wouldn't repurchase thus because I've heard good reviews about Nyx's Jumbo Milk Pencil, and I may get that when I run out of this. But, all in all, I like this base, especially for the price, and would still recommend it to others.

on 7/9/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Here's the important things to know:
- This is not a primer. It will crease and cause your shadows to crease. If you apply primer first, then this base, it will work much better.
- This is best used with bright colorful shadows. It will make the color more true to pan on your lids and intensify the color. But in my experience it does not work well at all with neutral shades. For me, those were dulled with this base and didn't look as good.
- It is very opaque and quite creamy. You only need to use a very small amount and blend it out well. It blends quite easily for me.

That said I will not repurchase - because I like the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk so much better. Esentially these are very similar products. I bought the white eye shadow base because I liked Milk so much, but found application a little difficult. The white base is far easier to apply.
However, for my purposes, Milk is superior. The eyeshadow base has less stick to it, where as the JEP in Milk grabs onto the shadows much better. It also works much better I tensifying more neutral toned shadows, which is what I wear the majority of the time.
If you wear very colorful eyeshadows often, this could be a great tool for you. If you tend to choose neutrals, the Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in Milk may be a better fit.

on 6/20/2015 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Does not go on evenly and fades quickly.

on 6/10/2015 12:51:00 AM

Reading so many reviews on this and I must say that I don't have any issues with this product and in fact love using it to make colorful shadows (MUFE Artist Palette #2, Sleek Acid, UD Electric, ABH Artist Palette, etc) really POP. I do use a primer, usually UDPP or TFSI, and allow to set for a couple of minutes and then apply this as a base. It is an eye shadow base and not a primer, so without a primer this alone will not prevent creasing. I blend this lightly from lash to brow and then apply my shadow. When I want to line my eyes with a vibrant shadow, I smudge some of this under my lower lashes and dab a bit more at my upper lash line and apply shadow right over it. I have experienced that an open jar can get a bit dry so I always store my jar products (eyeliners, cream shadows, cream blushes, concealers, color correctors, etc) upside down and it really does help keep them moist and usable much longer than storing upright. I read that tip somewhere and have been doing it since and immediately noticed a huge difference with my cream and gel eyeliners, eventually started doing it with all my cream and gel makeup that comes in jars.

on 6/9/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok, so I brought this product from Target for about $6.00 two days ago. I was super excited and could not wait to try it out. Sadly I became very disappointed the following day because the NYC white eyeshadow primer did not do the most basic function I needed it to do
(Intensify my eye shadow!!!) =(

#1.The primer was oily and creamy, I had to reapply it multiple time just for the white to show

#2. It did Not intensify any color

#3. Eyeshadow did not apply smoothly, it looked weird

#4. Over time my eyeshadow looked all cracked up

#5.Every time I applied the NYC white primer it did not stay put. My lids were not oily and I tried two different applications, 1with a clean dry makeup brush and a clean dry finger, both showed the same result.

#6. My entire eyelid burned, broke out within 6hr.

" This product mat have an ingredient that I'm allergic to." So #6 may not happen to you"

I wish I loved this product but sorry I won't buy again.

on 6/1/2015 10:42:00 AM

I don't think this works like a eyeshadow primer. But it's a nice base and helps the shadows become mor pigmented. I don't think I'm going to buy this product again.

on 5/29/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

For its intended purpose, I'm sure this sucks. I have the pearl version and used it on my eyes for a long time before realizing how totally awful it looked, and how it eliminated any shading/depth in my eye shadows, not to mention being slippery. But I don't use this for eyes. And because of that, this is my new favorite thing ever and I really hope they don't discontinue it. Here's the thing: I'm very fair skinned, and I have trouble creating any highlight or "illuminated" effects. Enter THIS. I use it (sparingly, mind you) under my brow, on my cheekbones, and under my eyes (on that sad, puffy/saggy under eye area) and then put foundation over it, and my makeup looks SOOO much better, you guys. Like, whole other level better. I can't even tell you how much smoother and more bright my face looks after using this. I have a feeling this won't be around for much longer and I have half a mind to just buy up every single jar I can find... (And for any fair-skinned girls who might've tried the lavender concealer by Nyx for a similar purpose, I can tell you this works 100 times better than that.)

on 5/2/2015 10:21:00 AM

I would be nice if this actually worked as a primer too. My eyeshadow was a creased mess after 4 hours. So you need a primer under this. I do like the white base very much. I apply it with a brush.