April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Bronzers - E.L.F. - Studio Cool Bronzer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by lrachel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll add my voice to the fans of this product. I'm fair/light complected and this bronzer works beautifully. My previous daily bronzer for contouring was theBalm, but I like this better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely fair, cool-toned skin, and have never bought a bronzer as I'm wary of their reputation to look orange.
In the pan, it seemed a bit too dark for me, but it's actually perfect. I swirl the brush around a few times, tap off the excess product, and apply. Super simple, but it looks gorgeous when applied. If I do get too much product on my face, I simply take the white shade of the bronzer and blend it over top, which makes it less harsh and more natural. There is no noticeable scent, and it lasts all day on me. For the record, I apply this after my foundation, and before my powder.
The bronzer consists of a dark brown shade, a light brown shade, a white, and a red-brown. The latter has the E.L.F. logo stamped into it.
The packaging is very sleek and professional looking, and includes a mirror.
If you are very fair skinned and have been looking for a bronzer that won't turn you orange, look no further! I'll be sure to repurchase this when (or rather, if--I doubt I'll ever hit the bottom of the pan) I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Fluffysealion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a good, truly matte bronzer that didn't make me look like a had a bad fake tan. After over a year of searching, I never expected to find it in this product! The colours look very natural on the skin and it is truly matte. I've been disappointed too often with supposedly matte bronzers that had hidden micro shimmer, but the E.L.F. one is not shimmery at all.

My only criticism is that when I brush the powder on my face, I occasionally get a few dark spots where the powder didn't blend out. It's only a slight inconvenience and I simply pat the dark spots with my fingers to blend them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great red-based bronzer. Doesn't make me look orange!! Which is exactly what I was looking for. So affordable. Love how you can use the colours separately too for contouring, blush, highlight etc and then swirl all together and it gives a nice deep bronze. Great for using over my neck and decolletage as well because you only need a tiny amount, you do have to use a very light hand with this or it could be very VERY dark and overkill for fairer skin types. Nothing will beat my NARS Laguna - but this is so awesome for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This truly is a wonderful product. Everything about this bronzer is perfect. I have tried many bronzers from top brands like chanel and nars and this one out performs them all and for $3 dollars you can not go wrong. I use the darkest shade to contour my cheek bones. Then I use the large e.l.f complexion brush(another amazing e.l.f product) and blend all shades all over my face. What I love most about this bronzer is how Matte it is. No shimmer just perfect color. You can use the white shade for your T-zone to highlight and it even goes on nicely as an eyeshadow. I use the light brown shade to contour my nose for a perfect flawless look.
I use it thoughout the day and it takes away the shine. I finish it off with Chanel's poudre douce in 40 lilas for a silky bronzing look. This is definetly an everyday product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This is the best bronzer/blush I have ever found for fair skin (I am very fair and yellow undertoned). This is a red based bronze with no orange and the best thing is I can use this is a full face palette - the darker brown on the eyes, the bronzer to blend out with some eyeliner and mascara is the perfect daytime eye on me, the white as a brow bone/cheek bone highlight, the bronze and the white swirled together makes the perfect contour on me and then the pale rosy peach pink blush on the cheeks. I love that the deep brown and pink blush in this is identical to the blush/bronzer duo in 'turks and caicos' except they are matte and don't have the horrible golden glitter that that one had. I am very impressed by this product and it will be come a go-to for me I just know I should buy a back-up now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well hallelujah, I've FINALLY found a great contour powder for my pale skin *squeal!!*
For reference, I'm almost 31y/o with fair and mostly neutral (slightly warm) undertones (around N/NC10-13ish ATM) My skin is also oily and acne/clog-prone. I have brown hair & eyes and my "season" I *think* is considered a Clear Winter.

I've always felt like contouring can really add something special to a full face of makeup, but never could find my *perfect* one. Before finding this $3 ELF gem I'd previously been using L'Oreal True Match pressed powder in C7/Nut Brown (which I never would have thought to purchase on my own but saw several youtubers using it successfully) - and while that worked ok, it was a *tad* too dark for me so therefore required a lot of blending into my pale skin.
Everything else I tried either didn't look right (too warm, too cool) OR, broke me out. (NYX Taupe, Chanel Notorious, & NYC Sunny are a few of these examples)

Not long ago I was placing a drugstore.com order and needed to add something for $2 and some change to get free shipping. I placed this bronzer in my cart (on a total whim without reading reviews!) for $3, got it home and it's perfection. I think I've used it everyday since lol

I typically use a large/fluffy blush brush for applying contour powders or bronzers but this specific one I've been applying a little differently, using ELF's Studio Blush Brush. It's not big and fluffy like you'd expect a blush brush to be, it's actually a little thin and tapered(but very soft!).
So I've been lightly swirling that brush through the middle of this powder (making sure to catch all 4 shades) dab it on to the areas of my face that I want to contour, then go back with a kabuki brush and blend those "dabbed" areas out (if that makes sense? lol ;D) -It works like a charm!

As you can see in the photos others have posted above, this bronzer is one that contains 4 shades that are all completely, 100% matte. (not easy to find in a drugstore bronzer) There's a stark white, a medium rosy pink, a light bronzer shade (almost like a light brown) and a darker bronzer shade (like a med-dark brown).
The packaging is sleek (as all ELF Studio products are) - In the medium size black compact similar to NARS.

I really can not think of anything wrong with this bronzer. The price is right, the colors are pigmented yet not too pigmented or difficult to work with, it does not break out my finicky skin, and provides that "sculpted" look that I've been craving :)
The only person I wouldn't recommend this to would be someone looking for a bronzer that is going to "brighten" up their complexion. I don't have this issue as I'm a highlighter freak with oily skin-I'm always lookin "glowy" (lol ;D) But some others do want their bronzer to give a "glow" or "sunkissed look". Since this is matte, it will not give that kind of finish. I'd recommend the Golden or Warm bronzers from the ELF, NYC Coney Island Glow, or Physicians Formula Happy Booster Bronzers as these are my favorite NON-matte, inexpensive bronzers :)

I know a GREAT many of us struggle to find that perfect contour shade that can double as a bronzer and if you're someone out there who's still struggling to find it ya gotta give this a try, for $3 it's awesome. I do highly recommend and would certainly repurchase. 5 lippies well deserved ELF :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by itsbeauti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this is a bronzer, I love using it as an eyeshadow. The colors area really matte which is great for contouring since it would look more natural than using a shimmery one.
Pros:
Matte
Pigmented so be careful, start with a small amount only and buildup
It would take a long time to hit pan
You get a blush and a highlighter so really nice
Very, very cheap
Nice packaging, like NARS
Staying power is REALLY GOOD. I have oily skin but this doesn't come off or melt down. Also, it's not chalky on the face

Cons:
The mirror of mine is loose. It's just taped using a double sided tape. How "nice" is that! :(
The blush has a brownish tone to it, so if you like a "fresh" pink blush, don't use it
You have to be very careful in applying this and buildup the color as you go. It would look muddy if you're not careful

If you're looking for a cheap contour powder, this one is really good. But as I said, always be careful when using it and buildup the color. Don't apply too much right away. It's blendable, but looks muddy when you apply too much at once.

I'm not sure if I would buy it again. Pricewise and considering how long it would take to empty a pan, it's a great buy. But I'm someone who is always on the look to try new products so maybe I won't buy it again. But it's definitely something I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by JadeFatale

Overall: Good for contouring and correcting foundation that is too light for you.

I was looking for a product to contour my cheeks and jawline and this is perfect! Have to blend it really well so it does not look like a bruise, but it is pigmented and if you wear foundation it blends well. Love that it is matte, no shimmer in it so it is best for contouring. I love the fact that it has 4 colours, as this means you can pick which shades to pick up on your brush depending on how tanned your face is or how much your tan has faded. For example I do not mix the white and pink when my tan is really dark but I mix in the white when my skin is lighter. I mix in the pink when I want to look more rosy than edgy.

It is so cheap and good and has lasted me more more than a year. I bought both the Cool and Warm and honestly have not touched the Warm one.

Also, I am Chinese from SEA living in UK so need to deal with being really warm tanned Malay like colour skin to pale grey Chinese skin (and all the shades in between) regularly since my skin tans quickly and fades quickly. Fed up with having to buy a different shade of foundation all the time, I just apply the lighter foundation closest to my skin tone, and use this product to lightly dust all over my face (applying more thickly where I contour). It really helps and is a trick to use in case you buy foundation that is too light for your skin as well!

P.s. If you really like the bottom left section of the bronzer and find that you are only using that colour, you might want to check out Hoola by Benefit. I have recently bought it since my E. L. F. was finishing and love it! Hoola is good for me now, as my skin is currently pale, but I will go back to E. L. F. when my tan returns as the top right corner is good for darker skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

this is a really nice and pigmented bronzer but has to be applied with a light hand because when you put too much it can look muddy.....but either way i love the colors as matte eyeshadows as well