November 26, 2014 | 1612 users online

Bronzers - E.L.F. - Studio Cool Bronzer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

This stuff is awesome! You can't beat the price - 3$ for a large amount of product and a great compact/mirror to boot!

I was skeptical of buying this because ELF sure does LOVE shimmer...however, this particular bronzer palette is totally MATTE! The other two versions they have of this are super sparkly, as usual, which is not what I enjoy for bronzing purposes.

The only color that is "meh" is the cream-tone on the top left...does not come out of the palette (it just...clumps up in the pan and gets a hard coating on it...hard to explain). But, hey, I still get 3 bronzing shades.

I am still so astounded that I found a decent contouring palette for 3 bucks! It's not the greatest texture, but the pigmentation is very good and I can contour my cheeks in 10 seconds! What a steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by PurpleWing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have only tried a few other bronzers so far, but I can say this bronzer works! I have very fair skin with freckles (and red hair, so you get the picture) and I definitely have a cool undertone. I find that other bronzers are almost always too orange or too warm-toned, but this only sometimes look slightly too warm. You get four shades to blend, so you really can control how you want it to appear.
The packaging isn't the best, I mean it is pretty standard but boring and I always struggle with finding which side is the front or the back (where I open it). You get a mirror tho, that's nice. The smell is okay, I haven't noticed anything in particular.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by dewieanggrainie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have warm undertone and I stupidly buy this bronzer when I was still a makeup novice and didn't even know what undertone was. But surprisingly, this thing works just fine.
I usually blend all the color and use it for contouring, it works great. My skin is dark-ish tan so it doesn't look muddy at all as long as I blend it well.
Pigmentation is nice, staying power is 3-4 hr, price is cheap for quite a lot of product.
Will definitely buy the warm/golden variant next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I placed an online ELF order for this one item & Im so glad I did! My target only stocks up on the Studio: Warm & Golden bronzer quads (both have sparkle). The baked ones (sheen finish) single round essential ones (shimmer) so this ones the only true matte one & probably the most versatile. It has 4 shades & I used them all:

Top Left: White: set under-eye concealer & under brow bone
Top Right: Dark chocolate brown: jaw line/chin contour & lower lashline liner
Bottom Left: Milk chocolate brown: used this to contour cheekbones
Bottom Right: Beige Rose: blush & transitional color in crease area to blend blendd

Im an NC20 for reference & always looking for warm/yellow tone mu items but for bronzers I need a neutral. Hoola is too cool (& light to contour) & NYC sunny (too warm/orange) So I used the bottom left (reminds of TF chocolate soleil shade which is perfect shade for me) the most. The white came in second. I used the top right: dark brown with a slanted pencil brush under my lower lash line for a smokey depth to my black eyes almost daily. Even layered it on top of pen liners to soften the look. It pulls red. The blush wasn't a favorite as not all my brushes picked up pigment on it & I would have to work it in quite a bit but used it to blend other colors on my cheeks or eyes out with.

My only gripe with this item was the FORMULATION. Its quite dry & veryy chalky (especially the white color & the blush) The powder clumped up into small beads that I would often have to scrape away to get to the pigment. The browns didn't do that as much & remained soft. The price, sturdy packaging, full size mirror are all on point. I would call it a must have/HG if they sold just the bottom left shade alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When it said cool, I was expecting something closer to a grayish taupe. Instead, this comes with a quad of 4 mostly red based matte colors in one: white, deep red toned brown, mid-tone red-orange brown, and a light mid-tone pinky brown. I was skeptical, but it really does make a nice contour for my fair neutral-cool skin. I think it's the red base that keeps this looking natural. The pigmentation isn't too intense, although it's easy to go overboard if you're very fair, like me. I like that I don't need to use a lot of product to get great results. It's economical, but it also saves me from having to throw layer upon layer of makeup on my face.

I love how the different colors are large in the pan. This makes it easy to get more or less of any combination of colors onto the brush for different purposes. I like mixing the bottom two shades for a tan natural blush, or using any of the darker shades on a fluffy brush in the crease of my eye for a natural day look. It's a very versatile palette.

Love the packaging, very slim and travel friendly. Love the price. Love the product. Definitely recommend if you're looking for a multi-use contouring all-in-one palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by lrachel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll add my voice to the fans of this product. I'm fair/light complected and this bronzer works beautifully. My previous daily bronzer for contouring was theBalm, but I like this better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely fair, cool-toned skin, and have never bought a bronzer as I'm wary of their reputation to look orange.
In the pan, it seemed a bit too dark for me, but it's actually perfect. I swirl the brush around a few times, tap off the excess product, and apply. Super simple, but it looks gorgeous when applied. If I do get too much product on my face, I simply take the white shade of the bronzer and blend it over top, which makes it less harsh and more natural. There is no noticeable scent, and it lasts all day on me. For the record, I apply this after my foundation, and before my powder.
The bronzer consists of a dark brown shade, a light brown shade, a white, and a red-brown. The latter has the E.L.F. logo stamped into it.
The packaging is very sleek and professional looking, and includes a mirror.
If you are very fair skinned and have been looking for a bronzer that won't turn you orange, look no further! I'll be sure to repurchase this when (or rather, if--I doubt I'll ever hit the bottom of the pan) I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Fluffysealion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a good, truly matte bronzer that didn't make me look like a had a bad fake tan. After over a year of searching, I never expected to find it in this product! The colours look very natural on the skin and it is truly matte. I've been disappointed too often with supposedly matte bronzers that had hidden micro shimmer, but the E.L.F. one is not shimmery at all.

My only criticism is that when I brush the powder on my face, I occasionally get a few dark spots where the powder didn't blend out. It's only a slight inconvenience and I simply pat the dark spots with my fingers to blend them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great red-based bronzer. Doesn't make me look orange!! Which is exactly what I was looking for. So affordable. Love how you can use the colours separately too for contouring, blush, highlight etc and then swirl all together and it gives a nice deep bronze. Great for using over my neck and decolletage as well because you only need a tiny amount, you do have to use a very light hand with this or it could be very VERY dark and overkill for fairer skin types. Nothing will beat my NARS Laguna - but this is so awesome for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This truly is a wonderful product. Everything about this bronzer is perfect. I have tried many bronzers from top brands like chanel and nars and this one out performs them all and for $3 dollars you can not go wrong. I use the darkest shade to contour my cheek bones. Then I use the large e.l.f complexion brush(another amazing e.l.f product) and blend all shades all over my face. What I love most about this bronzer is how Matte it is. No shimmer just perfect color. You can use the white shade for your T-zone to highlight and it even goes on nicely as an eyeshadow. I use the light brown shade to contour my nose for a perfect flawless look.
I use it thoughout the day and it takes away the shine. I finish it off with Chanel's poudre douce in 40 lilas for a silky bronzing look. This is definetly an everyday product.