January 28, 2015 | 1213 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2015 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Gabrielle2121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so first I'm gonna start by saying this is the worst product I've even used on my face. I bought this on a Saturday morning from Walmart in the travel size section. I used it around 12 that afternoon, afterwards I didn't really notice anything other than my face felt clean/dry. I used it again later that night to take my makeup off. When I woke up Sunday morning my face was so irritated & itchy & slightly swollen I think but I didn't really think much of it until I did my makeup. My makeup looked horrible! That evening I took my makeup off RIGHT when I got home using my aveeno cleanser. When I looked in the mirror my face was covered in tiny little bumps and was so red & blotchy & was itching sooo bad! It's still itching while I'm writing this. I do NOT have sensitive skin at all & my skin is quite normal. I am so disappointed my face has NEVER looked like this even my mom noticed how blotchy my makeup was because of this product. Please do not buy this if you have normal skin, I think this is for people who have really oily acne prone skin which I do not have.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2015 11:33:00 PM More reviews by FREEGLACY

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I want to try a new face wash and so I picked this one up. The first night I tried it, I was so excited because my skin felt so smooth. I used it again the next morning and by the night time, my skin was completely dried out! I became flakey and was applying moisturizer like no other! I immediately stopped using it and went into skin recovery for a week. I went back to my go-to clean and clear morning burst. It does the job and leaves my skin feeling refreshed. Shame on me for turning my back on what never let me down!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2015 1:00:00 AM More reviews by amrinxox

I purchased this twice and it didn't help my acne at all

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Kevincastleg

I like this product but can not be used in autumn or winter to dry a bit, this product delete all the shoots that I had on my forehead

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Hshorb

I was so excited about this product and it literally burned my skin after two washes. My face was red and patchy and covered in blisters. I now have alligator looking skin on my face. Thanks Neutrogena.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

I first used this during my High School years, when my skin was freaking out due to puberty and breaking out like crazy. It helped control oiliness and somewhat reduced my breakouts, but man did my skin feel tight after washing with this. I thought it would become my go-to facial wash but after around a year, I think my skin got used to this and started breaking out badly again. Good while it lasted, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Used this and it did not clear my Acne. Actually it left my skin dry and tight and unbalanced. Salycilic Acid is the Active ingredient. This also did not remove makeup.

The ingredients list that it has dyes in it which are known to trigger acne, it's just wrong that yellow and red Dyes which create more acne are added to an acne wash.

I prefer the Trader Joe's Face Cleanser and just add my acne products at night afterward to keep my skin clear.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by ChristinRob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely drying. I think it strips all the oil off so your skin produces twice as much to make up for it. This in turn caused more breakouts. I need to find something more gentle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a teenager with acne-prone dehydrated-normal skin prone to flaking, I thought that something called "oil-free acne wash" would be my savior. Unfortunately, I went through two bottles of this before accepting that this was exacerbating the problem. It caused me to have squeaky clean skin that felt tight and uncomfortable.

After switching to a gentler cleanser, my acne has improved a lot to the point where even acquaintances have commented. If your skin type is dehydrated or normal, I would recommend looking elsewhere for a daily cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by francha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excuse my english, spanish is my native language.

Ok, this could be drying if you use it everyday, but its my solution for breakouts! :D

I think that thanks to this cleanser I have cleared my recent zits, not even the effaclar duo or effaclar k that i have been using these days...and the price is very affordable :)

Its more like a mask you use in emergency cases, I like that contains chamomilla extract because the soothing properties.