October 31, 2014 | 944 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by bellaswan17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This products sucks. I'm sorry to say this, but "sucks" is an understatement. This product left my skin puffy, red, and extremely dry. It basically burned my skin. I have used a few Neutrogena products in the past, and they worked pretty well. But this one is a waste of money. It is too harsh on most skin. I'd stick with a more natural product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by lenxiacovou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't buy this product ever again, after using it for a week I have noticed that it hasn't helped my blemishes at all, infact it's made my skin much worse.. It makes my skin VERY dry and I come out in red blotches on my face, it's uncomfortable and feels like my face is burning!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by sisieshow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product is my love , my everything , if i ever ran out of this , then my confidence just drops honestly. when this says it treats and prevents pimples , it does. i didn't have really bad acne but it was where i don't like going out without make up and i wasn't as confidence. so i went on minocycline and it treated my acne issue for a while but it didn't prevent it. it came back. so i remembered in year 8 i used this. so i bought it again , I'm at university now. and this always keep my skin clear for so long. i have no problem at all. keep in mind when using this product , drying may occur. the reason to this , is because it has 2% Salysilic acid , which treats pimples the fastest and prevents them. So it is important to use a moisturizer with. i use clean and clear moisturizer, the one for pimples and blackheads, and its the best combination. this product has the most perfect combination ever, this beats clinque and higer end products. this product is just great honestly , i haven't found anything better than neutorgena. even when i started having pimples it was neutorgena that diminished them. so i love this brand so much and i trust more than any other product. this also doesn't have menthol so that's a plus , because the tingly feeling you feel with other cleansers is menthol, which makes you think your face is clean because it getstingly , but all that is doing to your skin is irrtating it. i am all for neutorgena and this product espically is so great. try it with a moisturiser and see how good it will be , or buy the grape fruit one, its not as drying. but this is really good for acne really really good <3 i love it so much

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kmls17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing CREAM. Just when I finally found a facewash that worked wonderfully, of course I found out that it's being discontinued :( I switched to the GEL to try it out. I used it a couple times, it did well keeping my skin acne free but realised it burned my face!!! I feel a rash on my cheeks and if i used any other product (like regular soap) it burned because my cheeks felt raw. My face is red, blotchy and discolored and it looks like I'm sunburnes or I'm wearing a really cheap, bad foundation. Awful!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by hemispheres

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have not written a review on here in probably 6 years! I had just bought neutrogena (orange) acne wash two days ago. And today woke up with itchy bumps and a rash on my chin and nose area!! Is this milia?? My skin is usually tough, acne prone, oily. And can handle anything. If someone can help me with possible ingredient thats causing this so i can a oud it in all products!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by anitabassi

The worst. Does not work at all and waste of money

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by angieb20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: so after using the product for a week i think this cleanser is best for people with oily skin who has cystic acne...I was developing some cysts which have now cleared and no more cheesy smells coming from my chin...but every time I wake up I have at least 2 whiteheads...I'm going to end it with this product since it seems to also cause whiteheads on my ski...
I have very oily acne prone skin that didn't come about until I started using the depo shot around age 22. It got so bad that I started getting cysts all over my chin and there was this really foul cheesy like odor coming from my chin as well...I've tried the natural way as far as treating the acne and products from over the counter...I did my research and found out about non-comedogenic products and thought that would help...but to no avail I still struggled with horrible acne...I've always thought neutrogena products were good on my skin so one day I bought this product and low and behold my cysts started going down...my acne is clearing up but there are some harsh side effects...the product burns a little and can cause itchiness...I have brown skin so my face never really showed signs of redness but it did itch a lot...I've been using it for about 3 days and have felt and seen a dramatic change...I'm going to continue to use it since it's the only product that's working so far Nd hopefully my skin will adjust after a few weeks...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

One of the worst blemish cleansers I have ever used. Not once have I ever seen anyone who uses this with good or even decent skin.
It never yelded any results no matter what decade I used this in lol

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Apblank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is combo-oily with a few breakouts here and there but nothing major. So I bought this stuff as just an every day cleanser. I'm just now reading the reviews on it and most of them agree with me - this stuff was AWFUL. I've only used it 3 times and it's turned my skin red. Almost looks like a sunburn and people have even asked me if my "sunburn hurt." My face is constantly dry even with tons of moisturizer. It has also made my face constantly itchy, almost like there are mosquito bites all over my face. And back to the red face thing - my face is so red, that my Revlon Color Stay foundation doesn't cover the redness! My skin has NEVER looked this bad. I'm just very mad that I even used this product. Totally ruined my skin. I would suggest not buying this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by TiyaFab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Update 18/Aug/2014: now I've been using this face wash for 2 weeks, I can't believe how amazing it is! As my skin got used to it (after first week) it stopped drying my face, I didn't have a single breakout on my face, not even one little pimple! Now I'm using it two times a day, my skin is soft and smooth and clear. (update again on 1st September)
9/Aug/2014: I bought this face wash 4 days ago and I thought I'd wait for a month before reviewing it but so far it's been so great for me that I had to say something! -- a little about my skin: I get hormonal and stress acne once or twice a month, usually one pimple on my chin or forehead. I always get tiny whiteheads or small bumps no matter how clear my skin appears, they usually last for 2-3 days then clear up. But in the 4 days that I've been using this my skin is completely spotless! No breakouts, no small bumps, just clean smooth skin! I had one pimple on my chin before and in these 4 days it has pretty much cleared up (Usually my acne takes 7-14 days to clear up) the only con is that it's a bit drying and my skin feels a little stiff right after washing my face with it, but nothing so bad that a moisturizer can't fix! I use it just once in the morning.