April 17, 2014 | 2029 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

HG. I've been using this for over a decade. Amazing and cheap. Always a staple in my bathroom.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

Terrible Acne wash, DO NOT buy if you want to make your acne worse. Like many people I bought it thinking it would help clear my mild acne. I was so wrong it made my acne worse then ever, its been months since I stopped using it and my face is slowly getting better. I do not recommend this at all. Neutrogena is very well known, but this product is just a disappointment and just bad period.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ivorybeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the redness soothing gel cleanser version of this acne wash (green gel). It's my absolute favorite cleanser & I will continue to purchase it always. It keeps my pores clear of blackheads/clogs & clears up any problem spots very quickly. When I stop using this my skins texture becomes bumpy, clogged, dull, & just overall not pretty. This cleanser makes my skin smooth, clear, & glowing. I recommend it to anyone who has pore issues like clogs/blackheads etc. Just always remember to moisturizer after. I use Olay & that pairs wonderfully w/this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by JULIANACHIARI

Love this product! Nice to oily skins and acne prone skins.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

made my skin more oily and the BHA doesn't work with my clogged pores. Irritates my face also.

will never repurchase this again. i prefer my neutrogena deep clean cleanser over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Neutrogena is one of the best brands out there for acne. If you have acne and you have not yet tried this, you need to try it as it could work for you! I have had acne all my teen life and Neutrogena clears my face, it is beautiful, I highly recommend it to everyone! Absolutely perfect! It is the only brand of acne products which I can use on my skin and it really works!! Try it, for your skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by valerie633

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser was recommended to me by my dermatologist. This is by far the best wash out there. My face has not broken out in 3 years and I credit this cleanser and zianna, retin a and spiralactone 100mg & melaquin for finally clearing up my skin. I had very bad acne and discolored skin and now my skin is smooth. The best way to use it is to pump about a dime size amount into a Huggies baby wipe alcohol free and clean your skin that way. This is the best product used the right way.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by vitalogies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the first use or two it seemed okay, but with continued use it began to make my skin feel "tight" even after moisturizer. Well, I decided I'd just give it the benefit of the doubt and let my skin adjust to it. Bad idea. My already dry skin became so dry that now my nose and cheeks are a dull, irritated, flaky nightmare. This does nothing to actually clean your face, all it does is remove all natural oils and everything that makes your skin look young and alive. I wouldn't buy this product again if my life depended on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Emma241

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this years ago and hated it! I tried it so long ago that I can't remember exactly what I hated about it... But I am not willing to buy it again to find out! Honestly the worst cleanser out there, it is an awful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by pissinginariver

Originally bought this product when it was sold at the 99p store for my ever persistent chin acne and the red marks that they left behind. At first it was incredibly drying, like flaking everywhere-moisturiser-wouldn't-even-absorb kinda drying. However, I realised I was applying it wrong. I was using a full pump and applying it directly onto my face; I have now found a way to avoid all the dryness without losing the benefits of the cleanser. Pump once onto your fingers rub hands together and apply gently onto a wet face. One thing I dislike is that it doesn't exactly feel like its working, however it is actually a very basic cleanser with great results.

There is a very minimal amount of foaming when used and I find if it scrub too hard or use really hot water with it, it really dries my skin out.

The thing with this product is it took about a month to actually see any improvement, and it definitely has helped with my chin spots. No more inflamed bumpy chin acne. It has decreased the amount of blackheads, but not eliminated them. For that I use Mask of Magnaminty from Lush.

I would suggest buying a cream moisturiser to use after this product especially at night.
Also, it might've been the 99p store version of this product that made my skin dry, I use the 'normal' Boots version now and have no complaints about it.