October 26, 2014 | 875 users online

Concealers - Cover FX - Conceal FX Camouflage Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I love how the colors are separated into Pink, Neutral and Golden. I currently wear Neutral Medium-Deep and it's perfect covering up my melasma on my cheeks and forehead. I have been through COUNTLESS different concealers from low end drugstore brands all the way up the "HG" of concealer Clea DePeau (or however you spell it). I returned the CDP because it was not worth the price and it did not cover my problem areas. This concealer was creamy, creaseproof, thick and lasted all day. Just perfect in my opinion. I will not repurchase any other concealers except for this one. THIS is my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Not enough pigmentation or lasting power for me. It just sat on top of my skin without blending in. Covering with powder fixes it somewhat. My HG concealer for my oily/combo Asian skin is still Shiseido's cream concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by LivingItUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer does everything right. The coverage is great (full), the texture is excellent and it stays really well. I don't feel the need to powder this, though I do. This is just a fantastic concealer over all. Do recommend!

Coverage: Full
Texture: Thick but not tacky or sticky
Crease: No
Drying: No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlw8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Great product - used throughout pregnancy for acne hyper pigmentation marks all over face. I have two different shades, one that matches my skin tone and one slightly lighter in colour. I use the one that matches my skin tone all over and the lighter one for really dark marks which helps to camouflage the marks on face and especially on the neck.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by CrysNabb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this at Shoppers. I've tried tons of diff drugstore brand concealers on my own, and wasted a lot of money.(wrong shades) Every woman(especially us moms!) knows the importance of concealer! So finding the right shade is SO SO important! So I finally decided to ask the woman behind the cosmetics counter for help. I fully expected her to direct me to a more pricey product.(which she did) It was worth it! She told me I had a pink undertone and applied this product to my eye area. I am so grateful I asked for help. First time EVER I had the right color concealer. I mean, perfect. It's so important to have the RIGHT shade, as most of these reviews complain about the color. The package is air right and sanitary(no bacteria or oxygen getting in), and the price is worth the amount you get. You only need a small amount. Great medium to full coverage! Very pleased!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by loveohnine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does provide great coverage if used properly but nevertheless this product I believe made me breakout. Comes out orangey on skin initially so you have to blend it out for it to come out lighter. Rubbing makeup on my acne-prone face though only made it worse. Definitely NOT repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this works well under my eyes. way too orangy for blemishes on the face, but if i use an ever so small amount and cover it with powder foundation, it works too. but i mainly use it for under eyes and top with powder. it's a bit greasy though. i wouldn't repurchase but that's only because i always like to try new products! i like the packaging and how you can take out as little as you need. i got this on sale for half price - i actually think they are discontinuing this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I splurged and bought this to try on my under eyes/freckles and it wasn't cheap! I have it in light, and in the tube it looks VERY orange, but once you blend it into your skin it will change to a less orange colour, and the packaging is pretty good, it's sanitary. But it will separate in the tube a bit. That's about it for the positive. I found, it lacked pigmentation. I had to do a layer, let it set, do another layer, and sometimes another layer. So it's not good for people in a hurry, I found it has a very strong bitter smell? Almost like cut dandelions. It looked really dry on my skin, and I don't HAVE dry skin, It also dried my under eye area out. My bags felt so tight and dry! I don't recommend it, nor will I buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Nirali07

So I got this product when it was half off at my shoppers. So I don't know if this would be worth buying at the full price. The concealer is nice it is a medium coverage which with some layers build up to full coverage. It does crease, so people with wrinkles this may not be for you. As well the best thing about it is the shade adjusting minerals. So when I take my concealer out (i'm in medium, i'm an nw35) its much darker for me and very orange. All of a sudden with some blending it turns lighter and has pinking undertones! It amazing. It stays put all day when set but can look cakey if not set with a finely milled powder. Overall if it was half off again I would repurchase. As well your getting a lot of product! Half of an average foundation bottle! It should last you forever. And the worst part about the concealer is the smell. Straight up smells like turmeric as it actually contains turmeric root extract.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by imaiyarules

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've never purchased a concealer before, so I can't compare Conceal FX to anything else. However, I truly believe this is an incredibly bad concealer.

I have pretty severe dark pigmentation on my deep, Indian skin, and was hoping this concealer could help cover these spots. Firstly, it was a little too pale for my skin; I wish the range came in more colours. Anyway, even if it had been the right colour, it is not blendable whatsoever. Because it is so liquidy and runny, blending makes it so sheer, you're left with your blemish and a wierd ring of faded concealer. Not pretty.

So, I use the concealer under my eyes. But I find the product is only slightly better for this use. It is creamy and glides well, provides moderately good coverage, but settles into the few fine lines I have (I'm 18). It also doesn't last well, even with powder..perhaps my powder isn't the best, but regardless, I expect it to show at least a couple of hours of staying power.

The concealer is oil-based, and so it smells really strongly. It doesn't linger, but when first putting it on you can definitely smell it. Also, the product tends to separate, but that's not big of a deal; I just shake the tube before applying. Moreover, I wonder how smart it is to use an oil-based product on blemishes and acne...but hey, I'm not a scientist. Packaging was pretty good, the squeeze bottle deposits the necessary amount.

Overall, I would definitely not repurchase this. I also will avoid oil-based concealers in the future. I got this for 17$ at Shopper's Drug Mart, and I think it's good value for money since you don't need a lot of product....alas, if only the little product you needed WORKED. For the regular price of 30$, I believe this is truly overpriced.