October 21, 2014 | 1339 users online

Blush - MAC - Mineralize Blush - Improvise

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

Shame this was a limited edition color because it is a multitasking gem! I bought it at a CCO and at the time it didn't wow me. I actually think I mainly bought it for the cheap CCO prize, it was around 10-12 bucks. As a blush it kind of disappoints on my skin tone (yellow-medium shade). So the blush sat in my makeup box for a very long time. A couple months ago I re-started to wear bronzer (without shimmer) and decided to put this over my bronzer, but only on the apples of my cheek, and batman all mighty it looks quite lovely. At the same time I was running out of, one of my favorite eye shadows, ALL THAT GLITTERS and this is such a great dupe for it. So this little gem works great as an eye shadow, blush over bronzer and a highlighter. If MAC decides to bring it out again, I would most likely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can wear this blush as a very light subtle peach blush. I love it and I can wear it anytime. Nc40 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

This blush is so pretty. When I swatched it at a CCO a while back, I knew it had to be mine. It doesn't look that interesting in the pan - it's like a warm coral (kind of like MAC Coppertone) with shimmery white and pale pink veining. When swatched, it is the most beautiful shimmery orange/peach pink. I wear this when I don't know what to wear on my cheeks - it's like a no brainer. No matter what, it always looks good. It blends effortlessly and gives such a pretty glow to the cheeks. I sometimes wear it by itself, over a bronzer or lightly over a different blush to give it a nice glow. I think if you can get your hands on this blush, definitely do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a natural redhead with fair skin, freckles & dark brown eyes. When it comes to makeup, I tend to wear either pale pinks or peaches & browns. This blush is a very nice peachy-gold color with a fair amount of shimmer. It gives a lovely glow to my cheeks that's buildable. I do use a light hand for daytime, because it can be a little shimmery. I can also see how this would work nicely as a highlighter or in place of a bronzer for us really fair girls. I also think this blush would look gorgeous on someone with darker or more tanned skin, because it has so much gold in it. I'm a big fan of MAC and love most of the products I have tried, and this is no exception. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by MACAddiction

Beautiful mineralize peachy orangy gold sheer shimmery blush that looks fab on my NC45 African American skin. I wear this when I want a MCBB look, with a hint of color. One of my faves -- I reach for this OFTEN! I thought I'd only be able to wear this as a highlighter, but while it looks great as a highlighter, it also makes me look naturally glowing as a cheek color. I wear it as a highlighter with MAC Gingerly or MAC Eversun. Mineralize products are hit and miss for some people, but my skin can tolerate when properly moisturized. Picked it up at a CCO. Sounds like its L/E, but I would repurchase if I ever ran out and it were available. As with all MAC blushes, the plastic protector/cover can separate from the casing if you drop or handle heavily, which is annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by liveitup

I really like this "blush" though, like others have mentioned, it's more of a highlighter. I have NW15/NC20 skin tone (I have a neutral complexion) and Improvise works on my skin just enough to show up as a really pretty coral-pink. It's not a blatantly obvious kind of blush, it's subtle, but it still makes my cheeks pop which I adore. I put this over cream blush (my favorite combo is with MAC's Pleasureful) and it comes out a dream. The only thing that bugs me is the lasting power which isn't so great. But in Improvise's defense, I'm out at 8 in the morning and come back after school and work at 6pm. Overall I'd recommend. Found this at my CCO for about $13.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by AriesD

I have NC30 skin and this blush just shows up on me as a sort of coppery shimmer. It's almost more like a shimmery bronzer than a blush. If I wanted that effect I would just use bronzer on my cheeks. Would definitely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

On my skin, Improvise is much more of a highlighter colour rather than a blush. It has a nice amount of shimmer, and applied properly, I don't look like a disco ball. I sweep a bit of this over my cheekbones and they just pop. There's a hint of peach, which is really flattering for my skintone. It's lasted me a really long time, I don't think I need to repurchase, but it's discontinued anyway. I'm not one to buy things on eBay or something. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it for how long it's lasted me. The packaging can get a bit messy because of it's mineral texture, but it's no biggie. It's beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by izzeee

Overall Improvise is a nice and soft color. I wouldn't recommend it if you are going for a noticeable blush. This is a very subtle blush that produces a natural look/glow. It can also be used as a MSF. It would be nice if the packaging size was the same as MAC's MSFs. lol I enjoy this blush, but probably wouldn't go out of my way to purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by becca_anne38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this totally surprised me!!!! i'm fair/medium, and i've always used BB pale pink blush, and i never though peach would look good on me. I have pale blonde hair, light pale grey/blue eyes, and this blush AMAZES me everytime i put it on, everyday every morning. it's like the wrapping paper on a gift!

i use my jane iredale flat brush, perfect! and put this on my cheek bones and apple of my cheeks. it adds life and glow. no sparkles. but definitely glow! i think it looks beautiful in the day time! the peach shimmer looks amazing on me. i always do a natural bronze eye lid, pure black tightlined eyeliner top and bottom, with pink/purple glossy lips, and this looks gorgeous! i literally get compliments as i walk throughout the day from all my patients. they say it brightens their day =)
perfect slight glowy summer peach blush

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No