August 1, 2014 | 1960 users online

Eye Shadow - BeneFit Cosmetics - Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner - Recess [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

Too light for me as an NC35, workable on an NC30, and probably perfect on an NC25. I really like the spreadable but tacky texture and the slight sheen. Can be used as a base or even a wash by itself. The packaging feels solid and is really cute. I'm sticking with Too Faced Shadow Insurance for now but I'm definitely keeping my eye out for a slightly darker gold beige cream eye shadow from Benefit!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Maubrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a cream shadow that was neutral and evened out the lids, like a primer but also one that could be worn on its own. I had MAC painterly and while I liked it, it made my lids dry and peely. I tried Bobbi Brown long wear cream shadows in various shades (bone, malted etc) none were quite right, they were dry , stiff and hard to work with, and my biggest pet peeve, the pot lid opening was too small you use fingers to apply. Enter Benefit. Lovely creamy shades, non drying, pot lid big enough to apply with finger if you want to. This color is wonderful (I am an nc15). I dont know why it is getting such low reviews. Its a really nice eye opening wide awake look, to swipe this on, tightline with BB gel el in espresso, mascara and go. Nice everyday look. You look wide awake but not like you are wearing makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MeganHeartsMakeup13

I really wanted to love this product since it was expensive. But sadly I didn't .... the only thing I love about this product is the packaging. Its so adorable. But the product is just TERRIBLE. It is very dry and not creamy at ALL. And it tends 2 crease on me on the inner corners of my eyelids. Which is so weird. But yah , I wouldn't buy this product again. I just absolutely hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lovemdlove

Over a year ago I received a sample of the color RSVP and fell in love with it, I use it under all my eyeshadows and it never creases or cakes. Today I just bought a new color Birthday Suit and it looks great under my makeup as well. I love how creamy it is and that small pot I had got as a sample didnt change consitency in 1 year. I really like how its buildable in color if you wait the 30 seconds but I have had no problems with my shadow budging once I use this. I tell everyone I know to use this product

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Elsii121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received this in a little gift bag after buying another one of BeneFits products but did not work for me. I used it with eyelid primer as well and without and the shadow was very pretty but it creased A LOT on me :(
    I really wanted this to work. But still, I do like many of their other products :)

This may work wonderfully for someone who does not have such oily lids

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by beauty113

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product because i wanted to buy something like a cream shadow and we were at the airport so it was tax free. I swatched it on my hand and it looked like a really nice pink/nude but when i got round to using it on my lid ( after the flight!) It came out exactly my skin tone not only that but it didn't compliment my lid colour and infact made it look "muddy"! I decided to just keep trying with other eye shadows and different combinations but nothing made it look pretty! To top it off after about 5 uses the actual product started clumping up in the jar (after rubbing my finger over it it would gather up and the next time i used it the clump would have dried out!). Another thing to mention is the amount you get I paid 11.00 and got 1mm-2mm in the jar! I simply dont understand why theres only 5g difference between it and a paint pot by mac?!?
    I think the packaging is so beautiful but for quality and quantity i would hands down go with a mac paint pot.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by miien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product a half year ago and I must say that I am really dissapointed... It creases during the day (when I don't put a primer underneath it!) and to me, the price is really too high. I have the color 'busy signal' and I like the color as a eyeshadow but not as a eyeliner. I wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 7:04:00 AM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my, I have been wearing this every single day since I bought it! It's a pale gold, almost skin-color cream shadow with a pearly finish. It lasts the whole day on my lids, over 12 hours, without a primer! I have oily lids so it does fade in my crease, but I found that applying some loose powder underneath took care of that. I also got the color Strut and I'm crazy about that too. I just wish there was a larger variety of shades. I feel Benefit shades tend to be mostly on the warmer side, which unfortunately tend to wash me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i absolutely love this as a wear alone e/s that lasts me all day long (8hrs + w/ NO creasing!). it is a perfect natural neutral color for that "why yes i just wake up looking this fresh with no make up" look. it's not as opaque as the mac paint pots, but i like that i have the control to layer it on as i see fit.
    it is pretty awful as a base, but i use my UDPP as a base anyway so i don't know why ppl insist on trying to use this e/s as a base, altho i can see how the color will match most ppl's skin too much and may be pointless on many skin tones so i strongly suggest trying it out at your local sephora to see how it turns out on you before you buy it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I wanted to try this as it looked so easy to put on of a morning. I found that my eyeshadow creased throughout the day and that it dries out quite quickly. Maybe I got a dud pot seeings as it rates so highly! I like the colour range but don't think that this is quite for me.