July 29, 2014 | 2073 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone-Restoring Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by g93813

I saw immediate results using the shampoo and conditioner. Specifically, I left the JF conditioner in my hair for quite a few hours (while at home), then washed my hair yesterday evening with the JF shampoo (left it in for ~7 minutes) and then rinsed with the JF conditioner again. I woke up this morning after my hair dried and I could immediately see results. I have medium to dark brown hair that had orange/brassy tones after using ColorOops to get out months-old black dye, and this worked liked a charm. It wasn't miraculous, but after one use I could see that strands that were once copper orange were now a nice, light blonde. I look forward to continue using this product to to see if even more brassiness comes out. Very satisfied with this product, and it smells great too.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by searchanddestroy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't work well for myself. I recently went from dark dark brown (might say black) to platinum blonde. Had been using L'oreal Professional Silver shampoo. It is a very dark purple and I use it everyday and leave on for at least 3 minutes. Keeps my hair from going brassy. The John Frieda actually made my hair brassy. Shampoo for blonde hair needs to be dark purple in order for it to actually keep your hair colour looking good and keep you from having to tone it weekly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by mayanator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo is absolutely amazing! I use it together with the conditioner and while I have been using these products, my hair has turned from brown to brown with a tinge of blonde. I have gotten so many compliments on my hair since I've started using this. Highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this as an alternative to my (expensive) Clairol Shimmer Lights. I found the purple was quite light coloured, and although it smelled very nice, it did not tone out the brassy-ness nearly as well as Shimmer Lights. I work at a drug store and I recommend Light Blue Shade as an alternative to Shimmer Lights to anyone who likes to keep their hair white-blonde like myself. I'm sure this is okay for someone who wants to mildly tone out some yellowness, and it is reasonably priced at $10.99 CAD.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have naturally blonde, but also bleached thick, frizzy, dry and wavy hair.
My hair turns super easily yellow and golden, though I want my hair to be cold and silvery-blonde. That´s why I wash my hair often with silver shampoo.

I have tried a few silver shampoos (Matrix, Lóreal, Klippoteket, 4Reasons) and this one isn´t the best, at least taking into account the coloring and anti-yellow tone effect. I have used this almost every day for the past few weeks, and it has kept my hair in OK shape (hair is not yellow! It is quite neutral). This shampoo doesn´t dry my hair like the other silver shampoos, so it´s really possible to use it daily. So, if you´re looking for a everyday product to keep the worsest yellow tones away, this is probably your product.

Still, I prefer more Lóreal silver shampoo (eventhough it dries my hair out) because you can use it once a week to get the same result.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by empty8_box9

The first few times I used this shampoo, it was great. It made my hair soft and full. I could see a bit of a difference when it comes to taking out the brassiness. But now when I use it, it makes my hair so tangled. I don't know why. I'll use it until I run out but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Lulu7272

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had to make an account to say this. I hate this, worst thing I have EVER put in my hair. I recently bleached my hair with raw white-out beyond bleach kit and it was amazing on my hair. Not too damaged or dry. I just wanted something to take a bit of the brassiness out and help mostiruzie it. I read that this is the best shampoo, conditioner for blonde hair. It isn't. It dried my hair out so bad and I figured if I put the conditioner in it might help too. Nope. No such luck. I ran my fingers through my hair and could litterally hear my hair snapping and breaking. My hair was never like this before I put that in my hair. Thank goodness my argan oil helped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Despite having highlighted my medium brown hair with blonde highlights for most of my adult life, this is my first experience in trying a "color toning" or purple shampoo.
I must say I am quite impressed! I highlight my own hair (see my review on Revlon Frost and Glow) and once in awhile, when I do my roots, they sometimes look a bit brassy as compared with the rest of my highlights. I did my roots on the weekend and found them a bit brassy so used this shampoo for the first time this morning. I didn't do anything special, I just used it as per my regular shampoo and used my regular conditioner with it. The result is subtle but noticeable nonetheless. My roots are definitely less brassy and lean more beige and blend in better with the rest of my hair. I can see how using this a few times after highlighting can truly make a difference. I'm only sorry I didn't understand the use of this shampoo and start using it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo. I color my hair honey blonde and I dont really mind the golden tones now but I like this for the way it makes my hair feel moisturized and smooth and manageable even before the conditioner. I want to try some other John Frieda products as well now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by BeatrixKidd0

Alright, not the best and not the worst but I won't be buying it again. I can use everyday since it isn't too intense, but I prefer using purple shampoo every couple days though so this alone won't do the job as it directs on the bottle.