July 29, 2014 | 1924 users online

Moisturizers - Merlot - Grapeseed Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I absolutely love this product so far~! At first I used it just by itself as a moisturizer and eyemakeup remover, but now I use it to loosen makeup off my skin before cleansing with my CeraVe or clearly natural aloe vera soap, and at night I will mix two drops in with my Black and Beautiful Cocoa Butter and it really makes my face feel soo soft. I'm hoping this helps even out my complexion. So far, so good and zero irritation. Granted, when I used this alone I accidentally used wayyy to much and this ended up causing my pores to be clogged which could be the reason two small pimples erupted. Luckily, when diluting this it has worked wonders and has even helped heal those blemishes. I would totally recommend this to my best friend and would most def. repurchase! I can't wait to try more of Merlot's products when they are marked off.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by selena08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great moisturizer for winter and summer. Let me explain my reasoning for that. First, I love how it moisturize my skin without looking oily and it has spf15. I can not stress how great this is as a day time moisturizer. Sometime when I need to keep my face moisturize I use it at night, and it works good for that also. I would like it better if it didn't come in a jar. I use a spatula to scoop the amounts I need then put the lid back on. It keeps it from the germ spreading of several uses. I recommend this product for people who are new to trying moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by xKatyJx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this oil when I was looking for an all natural facial moisturizer. Before this I had tried extra virgin olive oil, and after this I tried avocado oil. All three oils had the exact same result on my skin when I used them as a moisturizer. My skin looked glowy within the first couple of days of using them, and then it became really dry and flaky. That was just a long explanation as to why I recommend you not try oils as a facial moisturizer. I believe the drying out of my skin is because all of the oils have natural astringent properties.

This oil is however great for removing eye makeup and for using as a facial cleanser. Apply it to dry skin and gently massage all over for a couple of minutes and then place a warm wet wash cloth over your face. Allow the cloth to cool and then gently wipe the oil off. Oil dissolves oil, so this is a natural and effective way to cleanse your face. And the antioxidants in the oil will help to repair and protect your skin from environmental aggressors.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure exactly why I purchased this! I guess I was taken in by the claims on the label about minimizing scars and repairing cuticles, so I bought it with no idea how I planned to use it. My Merlot day cream and CeraVe PM do a nice job of keeping my skin moisturized, but I gave the oil a try anyway.

Using grapeseed oil as an all over face moisturizer was a mistake for me. I don't know if it's because my skin is sensitive or too oily or what, but it just didn't work out-my face turned pinky pink and felt strangely warm. The next day I had the dreaded flare up of painful little bumps on my cheeks. Stupid, stupid, stupid me. It sat on the bathroom shelf for a while after that little episode.

Determined to get some use out of the stuff, I decided to try pouring some on a cotton pad and using it as an eye makeup remover. It worked perfectly, and surprisingly didn't irritate my eye area. I always make sure to wipe off all the oil with a wet cloth, though. Just in case. I also tried using it on my cuticles with no effect. It doesn't absorb very well for me.

For reference, I have oily, acne prone skin with rosacea. If that sounds like your skin, then steer clear of Merlot Grapeseed Oil. Or spot test at the very least.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by whisper

Just wanted to inform people who may be confused or maybe do not know (or maybe do know but don't care? Not sure) this is the same 'product' as any old grape seed oil, just packaged as a 'cosmetic' skin care item. What I'm trying to say is, you can just go to the grocery store and buy a container with 4x the amount of grape seed oil than this product, for less than half the price. I'm not sure why somebody who knows this would go out of their way to purchase this particular oil, but it seems that people prefer it because it's 'for the face'...when in actuality, it's just plain ol' grape seed oil that is repackaged and ridiculously overpriced. Same stuff that's in the cooking oils aisle at any grocery store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What would I do without you mua ladies!! If I didn't run across this review I would have never known Merlot came out with this Grapseed Oil lol. I love the line and have been using the Night Cream forever. I have yet to come across sucha quality line comparable to overpriced rediculous lines like Caudelie for 4x less the cost. I was looking into buying a grapeseed oil recently as the bottle and many people claim this oil never clogs or causes breakouts which I have been on a hunt fr for quite some time. Saldy ever natural oil I have tried that is raved on mua as a miracle (ie. jojoba, castor, vitmain e, etc etc) all have been super heavy on my normal but super breakout prone skin and they jsut clog/break me out like a nightmare. I was about to give up on oils forever until I heard about grapeseed and couldn't be happier to get it from my favorite brand Merlot. The price is amazing and a very convenient bottle so that pouring the oil isn't an insane mess like many others. Also love that this is actually 100% pure grapeseed uhnliek so many brands I saw at Whole Foods where the grapeseed oils weren't 100%. I absolutely love this as a night moisturizer and alternate every other night between this oil and the Merlot Night Cream. Leaves my skin amazing smooth and no breakouts yet (knock on wood, really hope that lasts). For someone who has drier skin or who isnt as clog prone as I am you can defintely use this oil as a treatment/serum under you night cream. I'll see how it goes and plan to try to use this in the morning under my spf instead of a typical vit c serum as this also is full of antioxidants. hopefully it won't be too heavy under spf for me. Can't recommend this more! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by jennybel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very awesome, wonderful moisturizer, best one to date. My face has never been better!!!

It doesn't clog pores and improves skin texture and moisture. It's %100 natural and grapeseed oil has one of the highest possible antioxidant concentrations of all fruit.

Definitely recommend buying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

While I love moisturizing my face with oils, this one is not the most ideal for me. I don't know if it is because my face is extremely temperamental right now, but even a small amount applied takes ages to absorb into my skin and just seems to sit on top of it for hours. I'm still experimenting with it for the moment (I might mix two drops with moisturizer to see how that works). It works much better as a body oil, so I will continue to use it that way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this, but I picked it up at Walgreens anyway. The label says "absorbs quickly, repairs cuticles, helps reduce scars, excellent massage oil." I like to use it over my Merlot Night Cream to target my dry patches (on my cheeks and forehead) and my eye area. With daily use, it has improved the overall condition of my skin. I find that it locks in the moisture and actually heals the rough patches, instead of just siting on top and acting like it's doing something. My dry patches are gone and now I don't even have to buy an expensive eye cream because I know this grape seed oil works just as well. Perhaps it is even better because it doubles as an eyelash conditioner too. My eyelashes are much thicker and stronger than before. Though I don't think there's any increase in length, but at least my lashes don't fall out anymore! I like how the bottle is made out of a squeezable plastic, which makes it sturdy and easy to use. Every night after putting on my night cream, I press down on one side of the cap to open it up (not sure what kind of cap this is called...I don't think it's considered a flip top?) and I pour a tiny amount onto my fingers. I rub it on anywhere that's dry and then I carefully tap it onto my eyelids. I gently rub it in and (with my eyes closed) apply some along my lashline. Do this with EXTREME CAUTION because you don't want to get any into your eyes! Make sure not to use too much oil, since it is a liquid and it runs. I haven't tried this as a lip moisturizer, but I'm sure it is a multi-purpose oil that works for many things. Lastly, I want to say that this stuff is super cheap and there is no scent whatsoever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

This is a new product from Merlot and I really love it! It comes in a squeeze bottle with a flip top, but it does not leak down the sides. It takes only a small amount to moisturize my whole face. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth. I use this with the Merlot Night Cream. I alternate between the two, using the oil at least once and sometimes twice a week. I can really see the difference in the appearance of my wrinkles and the texture of my skin. I squeeze a small amount into the palm of my hand, and apply with my finger tips. I use the amount left over on my hands, elbows, knees, arms, etc. It is absolutely wonderful, and totally natural 100% grapeseed oil, no other additives. I would say try it for yourself if you can find it. Walgreens sold out here within 2 days! Good thing Merlot has their own website. I love the night cream too. It too is amazing quality and has really made a big difference in my wrinkles.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No