OPI Paint My Moji-toes Red

4.5

on 4/23/2012 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Shade: Strong orange based warm red. Appears more coral then red on the nails.
Effect: Tiny silver sparkles not really visible unless you look very close.
Formula: Creamy with no streaks. Great pigmentation with true to color in 2 coats.
Overall: Beautiful color for any season. I was at the salon sitting to a lady who is about NW15 and I'm NC40. We both picked the same polish color and it looks pretty against both of our skintones.

on 9/21/2010 1:34:00 AM

I am really pleased with this color. This is a great red with an orange undertone that is different from both the dark vampy reds and the bright cherry reds. I think this is a great color for a fall manicure or for the summer sandal season as well. I think the quality is great and applied smoothly with 2 coats. This looked super with a glossy topcoat. I would recommend this and repurchase if I ran out.

on 8/7/2010 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This polish applied very well. Paint My Moji-Toes Red is a very nice muted red, with slight orange undertones. This color is great for someone who doesn't want a bight red. I agree with the other reviewers who have said that it would work as a year round color. Right now I have it on my toes, but I'm sure I will use it on my tips too.

on 6/1/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OPI polishes really are the best. OK, they are pricey, but you get a lot and the quality is unbeatable. I am not a big red fan but recently I tried OPI's Dutch Tulips (lovely vibrant red with pinky undertones but a bit too much for me, the red virgin). This is my econd try at a red polish - it is lovely. A really subtle soft red with the teensiest bit of coral in it. Perfect summer toes, although I could see me wearing it all the year through. My feet are pale at the moment and it suits my skin tone - but this would look even better with a tan. I would recommend this.Sophisticated, summery toes.

on 5/19/2010 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I have been looking at nail polish swatches, and really wanted to try something in the coral-y range. But when I got to the store, I panicked when I saw some of the colors I liked as swatches in person! They all looked really bright and orange and I was scared! As I was looking over the large array of polishes, this one kept catching my eye. It has coral tones to it, though it is more of a muted red overall and a creme formula which I prefer. Very pretty. I decided this would be a good baby step into the coral arena, and I am glad I did. The application was wonderful with the OPI wide brush, color was great with one coat, but I added a second out of habit. As another reviewer mentioned, it really makes my skin look healthy, even though we are coming out of winter and I am pretty pasty. With a tan, I think this would be fantastic! Not garish, not dull, just a nice midtone color that is really pretty on the hands. Fast dry time and good wear so far (day 3, SV topcoat, no chips and only slight tip wear). If you would like to try a coral, this is a great first step.

on 10/28/2009 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

A very high end Ralph Lauren shade.

I am delighted with it. First it is a very slightly muted red with brick/coral/pink undertones depending on how you look at it. Sort of thing you would see in a Ralph Lauren ad. When he does a red purse it is this exact shade. He often shows this red next to navy.

I don't currently have a tan, I have typical pasty white redhead skin and this makes my skin look healthy even in it's winter pasty whiteness. Kind of a miracle in a bottle if you ask me.

Application is typically easy for OPI's polish, goes on smoothly, covers with 2 coats, and wears well. This is a creme polish, no sparkly bits or shimmer. You could easily get away with one thicker coat, but the colour is rich and gorgeous with 2.

So far no problems with wear, but I will edit this review if my opinion changes. Edited to add, nope this is still a great polish.

Recommended as a nice red for anyone with warm toned skin whether tanned or not, fair or dark. Really pretty.

on 8/28/2009 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went to the beauty salon supply meaning to buy a color from the espana collection, but then this color attracted me. I already have a red nail polish so I was debating if I should purchase it. I placed the fake nail sample and the color complimented against my skin so well! It's a red nail polish that is not dark (my revlon one has darker undertones) this one has more...brightness in it I would say? I love how it has no shimmer, the brush is amazing and there is so much color in one coat.

on 8/19/2009 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

As others have said, Paint My Moji-toes Red is a warm, coral red creme. The beauty of this color is it's bright, so it's perfect for summer, but it's not TOO bright. I have slight olive undertones to my skin, so I can see myself wearing this all year long when I don't have a tan. I've worn this on both my toes and my tips and have loved the results. This is the perfect shade for someone looking for a rich polish that's not quite red, not quite coral, and not quite pink.

on 7/13/2009 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm looking at my nails and trying to figure out why I don't really love this shade....after reading others reviews, I figured it out. Its just too warm for my cool/neutral skintone. The shade is a warmish coral/red/brickish creme. The application was wonderful and I love the pro-wide brush. Unfortunately, the shade just isn't for me.

on 7/11/2009 10:10:00 AM

I really like this one, it is a soft red with a touch of coral. Unlike a lot of corals no tan is required. It looks great on my pale neutral tips. If you have been drawn to colors like Cajun Shrimp, but found them a touch to strong for you, this might do the trick.

Popular Polishes