October 25, 2014 | 1875 users online

Sunscreen - Marie Veronique Creme de Jour Tinted SPF 30

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by cubierock11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited for this product due to its ingredients; however, I didn't expect them to react so negatively with my skin. This product ended up making my skin burn; it felt like someone was constantly spraying lemon juice on me. My friend even asked me why my face was so red today . . . Bad sign.

Plus, if you're expecting some coverage, then you're going to be in for a disappointment. It doesn't cover anything, and the colour selection is very limited.

I'm glad I only purchased a sample of this. I would definitely not get the whole bottle. Whoever has sensitive skin, be careful. Luckily, this didn't give me a pimple. (I have oily skin as well.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Jstar2009

On paper this zinc sunscreen sounded very promising: 20% non-nano zinc oxide, green/white tea extracts and red raspberry seed oil (which due to it its high anthocyanin content can boost the spf), plus an array of hydrating oils. Add to all this a tint (three shades: extra light, light and medium) to hide the white cast of zinc and you have a theoretically perfect physical sunscreen. Unfortunately, I was quite disappointed in this product. One of the major gripes I have is that once you have applied it you have very little time to rub it in- the zinc/tint seems to separate from the rest of the product, sticking to the skin. I did try to work around this by spreading out a few pumps on the palm of my hand (which I think should be done for all physical screens) and then applying. Whilst this helped with the application of the product, I still did not like the finish. The tint worked- no white cast was discernible, however, it left an almost cakey look to the face which I did not like.

I am still on the look for the perfect zinc sunscreen and I have found a few I like and would recommend, such as Invisible Zinc ESP 30 and Glycolix Elite SPF 30. Unfortunately, I would not recommend Marie Veronique. This is a shame because MV has a lot going for it, but this product is not cosmetically elegant (at least for me).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Moonlightandstars

Like many, I've been searching for the ideal broad spectrum sunscreen for years. Obviously zinc oxide offers broad spectrum protection, however try to find a physical sunscreen that is 'wearable' without looking like a ghost and contains a proper percentage of zinc oxide..: challenging indeed. Since my skin got quite irritated, I decided to try a physical zinc oxide sunscreen again, this time MVO. A plus, of course, is the 20% zinc oxide, and the fact it consists of non-nano particles. My skin does not 'protest': no outbursts, no irritation. It is obviously mild to the skin. I like that it is tinted - and the tint fits my own skin tone quite well. It truly covers up blemishes if you use a lot - and I do use a lot. And that, at the same time, is the culprit: I like to use a lot of a sunscreen and MVO, I feel, is not 'made for that purpose'. The best way to apply it is on a bit 'moist skin'. Using an oil underneath the sunscreen - as suggested by the company - does help to spread the sunscreen well, and the end result looks quite nice. Not perfect: it does ball up a bit, and you might have some streaks, but better than most physical sunscreens with a high percentage of zinc oxide. However: if you use more than a thin layer, it will start to 'ball up' more noticeably. And if you don't use enough oil, it will dry out, leaving the skin looking somewhat dry and flakey.
Customer service is excellent: these people stand by their product. They are friendly, informative, and don't mind sending you samples or exchanging the product. The ítem is sold in nice packaging that comes with some samples (the oil that you can use underneath the sunscreen and another tint of sunscreen): again, superb. But the Price. Yes, the Price: $40 for 60 ml. That is in range with the price you'd pay for sunscreens from brands such as Chanel, that obviously charge you for their world-wide recognized image. Would I use the 'recommended daily amount of sunscreen' this little bottle would last me 1,5 weeks. 'Creme du jour' indeed, but 'seulement un jour par semaine' if you pay a little bit of attention to your wallet. All in all, I prefer the MVO-sunscreen over multiple other physical sunscreens that I've used - given the positive aspects that I just summarized , and I would have it on my shelf permanently (although it would not be my ''main sunscreen)' would the price be more realistic (about 35%-40% less than the current price).The sunscreen is not perfect, in the sense that is might not be as cosmetically elegant as some physical sunscreens out there; at the same time you can hardly expect that from a 20% non-nano zinc oxide sunscreen. As such, MVO offers a good midway if you want to opt for good protection (using a physical sunscreen), yet don't want to look like the Phantom of the Opera. The fact it looks less appealing if more sunscreen is used, could compromise the protection though. If the Price would be more in line with what the product offers clients, I''d give it one extra star.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Marenbear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this amazing "Everyday Sheer Coverage" in "Light Tint!" Hands down the best sunscreen EVER! Keeps my super sensitive skin well protected, covers redness on the cheeks completely naturally looking, which no other sunscreen, mineral makeup or tinted moisturizer managed. I love that it's non -nano, has green and white tea, in fact really like all its ingredients, hope they never, ever change them!
The pearl and silk give an airbrushed, totally naturally looking finish, and I simply adore the smell--Cistus or Rose of Sharon Oil is so very precious as is Neroli, simply heavenly!
Great they omitted titanium dioxide which gives off such a whitish cast and makes me break out even when non nano and its safety is not proven.

My hypersensitive skin doesn't burn, and with a top quality organic face oil underneath, it just melts unto the skin without streaks. I suffer from rosacea and dermatitis and can hardly tolerate anything but found using this in conjunction with Sequoia's AMAZING anti-inflammatory works like a charm. I walked into an organic store last Tuesday looking like mess with red rashes from breaking out after my previous former favourite organic line started using benzyl alcohol as a preservative, it's rated 7 on the EWG scale and bad news. My skin is also very dehydrated, so as other reviewers have pointed out, this lovely sunscreen does work best in conjunction with a good quality organic oil underneath or might be drying a tad.

Fantastic product, will use for life and hope they'll never change the formula!!

Edit: Forgot to mention HOW grateful I am they omitted Mica as well in this products as it always, always makes me break out, no matter how pure the rest of a product!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by osculari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the product called "Everyday Sheer Coverage SPF 20".

I first got this because I wanted to make the switch to using natural sunscreens. Prior to this, I was using La Roche Posay's Anthelios AC which was working very well for my skin.

After trying this countless of times, I just have to say that I don't like this at all. It dries very quickly upon application and it is super hard to blend no matter how many times I try, it just ends up balling on my face. I tried using this with a moisturizer, toner, bare-faced, and even with a facial oil... all of them resulted with the sunscreen balling up on my face. My face always looks streaky and cakey after applying this. For the price I paid, I really wanted to like this product, but it will just collect dust at the bottom of my shelf. I will not repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin background: oily and medium tan (nc42). I live in a hot, humid and very sunny climate. Because of my oily skin and the high humidity, most sunscreens melt off my face after only a couple of hrs. This product has been renamed as Moisturizing Face Screen, SPF 30. I have it in "medium" tint and it's one of the first tinted screen I've used. It's a mineral sunscreen that comes in a pump type brown bottle (2oz. 60 ml) with 24% zinc oxide as its active ingredient. Non active ingredients are composed of essential oils which I'm not going to list as it can be found on their website. First the color: It matches my complexion almost perfectly . I say "almost" because it's just a very tiny bit lighter than my natural skin tone. No white cast whatsoever because of the tint. Consistency: The bottle needs to be shaken thoroughly prior to use in order for the tint to apply evenly. I didn't shake it enough at first so it ended up applying streaky. I eventually got it to work by blending and blending and finally it settled down. Feel: moisturizing without feeling oily or heavy. It felt dewy on my skin. Finish: The finish is semi matte to matte and reminded me of medium coverage powder foundation. It stayed that way for about 6 hrs.. It did not melt off my face, even in this high humidity but because of the humidity it also felt like it didn't sink in completely. Protection: Excellent! I tan very easily but hardly burn and my face did NOT tan with this even though I only applied once in the day and was out in direct sunlight for a couple of hrs. I took off a lippie because I prefer a sheerer finish than this. I don't wear foundation and this made me look like I was wearing makeup. I guess I'm just not used to it but the coverage is enough that it will cover small blemishes and red spots. Perhaps the best thing about this product aside from its protection is it did NOT cause me to breakout. I have been using it for two weeks now without as much as a single irritation or pimples. I will continue to repurchase but $40 for a 2oz bottle, it's on the expensive side. I ordered mine direct from the manufacturer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by AlexaElisabetta

I love this sunscreen. I am allergic to chemical sunscreens (avobenzone etc) and had been hunting for a nice mineral one for a long time! I have now been using this about....8 months, and I can find nothing to complain over. The "light tint" is still a bit dark for my NW15 skin, so I bought a bottle of the "no tine" and mix them together for the perfect shade. This has NEVER aggravated my sensitive, acne-prone skin, nor caused any breakouts! The light coverage also does a nice job of evening out my skintone! I find it best to apply after moisturizing, when skin is almost dry but still the tiniest bit damp. It sets to a bit of a powdery finish, but there is a definite glow to the skin. Best sunscreen ever!

...oh and I can attest that it really protects. Ive never burnt having worn this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I have sensitive skin that has just gone through a year of cystic acne caused by a variety of factors (hormones, products, stress, etc). I have tried drugstore sunscreens and have never been satisfied. I like this marie veronique sunscreen. I am 26 yrs old with olive skin. When I wear this product it acts as a foundation too. I like that it helps to conceal the red marks that are still fading from old acne. It isn't greasy like most other sunscreens I have tried. Plus the ingredients are fantastic. I discovered this product from the EWG website. It is expensive (around $40) and that would be the only thing that might prevent me from repurchasing. I may stick with my Heiko spf40 sunscreen because you get more product for the same amount of money (even though that one does leave a white cast to my skin). anyway this marie veronique sunscreen works well and I'll continue to use it until it runs out. If you have dry spots the sunscreen will make them obvious. I use a light moisturizer before applying the sunscreen. At night I cleanse with a cleanser that also removes makeup, so I never have a problem with residue on my skin. I have not had any breakouts from using this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the best sunscreen I have ever tried. I react to chemichal sunscreens with burning. It is very hard to find zinc based non greasy sunscreens, this is the first one I have found. The scent is natural, and dissipates quickly. It evens out my skin tone slightly, I am very pale, if you are not, go with the tinted versions. No reactions from my skin at all, no sunburn. Very good customer service. WIll absolutely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this product will actually cure me of wanting to try "natural products" or maybe any new products. Some women will, no doubt LOVE this sunscreen. But not me. I purchased this as part of an anti-aging set that ran around $170. I got the "no tint" version which - of course - has a tint. And 24% zinc oxide. And a very medicinal scent as it is chock full of essential oils. I might add that the bottle is only two ounces which, if you go by the guidelines, should last about two weeks. Oh, and you're supposed to keep it in a cool place. And shake it. So I spread it on...and just kept on spreading because it really doesn't set. SO you either use way to little for sun protection to get it to set or you walk around with the equivalent of milk of magnesia spread on your face. If you've read any of my reviews, I rarely hate a product. But I hate this. And the rest of the products I got in this kit. I don't care what the EWG says. I'll take my chances on one of the products rated in the medium risk range. At least I can stand to put them on. I'm also reviewing the other products in this stupid set but they fare no better!