October 2, 2014 | 1863 users online

Lips - Cover Girl - Outlast Lipstain (All)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by MayhemPhoenix

I've been really surprised to read all of these bad reviews for this lip stain! I've got it in shade 425 and I absolutely LOVE it. It stays on well on my lips (generally 2-3 hours. Nothing and I mean nothing stays on my lips longer than 3 hours anyway, despite what anyone says in their marketing campaigns); it doesn't dry my lips out at all - in fact my lips generally feel quite soft while I'm wearing the stain. My favourite thing to do is apply it just before bed and it will have sunk in amazingly by morning, then lasts at least half the day, so that works really nicely for me as well.

I got the stain on sale for about $7 and I would definitely, definitely buy this again in the different shades offered. My first foray into lipstains was with Revlon and this covergirl stain is SO much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually found this at Big Lots for just $2. Now I know why. This is TOO DRYING! Within a few minutes of applying, my lips were so dry they started to wrinkle! I had to apply chapstick, which made the lip stain last less than 2-3 hours. Definitely would not repurchase. I recommend NYC lip stain... A lot cheaper, and much less drying!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by SincerelyKeynu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Please, DON'T waste your money! I bought this at Wal-Mart for a little over 7$ (which is way over-priced). The idea is nice, however CG didn't execute it well--at all. Within 2 applications, the marker had dried out, it DOESN'T last 24 hours, and me having dry lips, applying any type of lip balm removes it. My lips don't peel, however after wearing this for 2 hours I looked in the mirror, and I had lipstain "crumbs" everywhere. They also don't print the name of the color you use on the packaging, just on the safety seal, making it impossible for a reviewer of any sort to make a reference. DON'T buy this!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Mimichat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Terrible product. Omg I hate this so much. At first I liked it - I got one in the shade 427 (nude kiss I think) - cause the color was really natural and beautiful on the lips for an everyday look. The look of it otherwise, was so awful and it is so damn drying!!! Plus, it literally dry after two weeks in the package so much that it is irrecoverable! The application is also a bit odd cause it really feels like a felt pen (in a bad way). So, in short, this product is really awful and I would not pay a penny for it - and I paid this around 7 bucks! You can imagine the disappointment. I would not recommend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by BloodHound

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was so bad. The marker end was too dry. I had to shake and shake to get product onto it every swipe. Once applied it was too drying, even with the balm, it was just dry under the balm, it didn't penetrate at all. For what it was, it's terribly overpriced. It didn't last any longer than .99 lipsticks I've bought for traveling. This makes me wonder if they've ever tested these products and under what conditions. For what this product is, it should be sold at a local dollar store.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Ktnbrklyn

This product is terrible. I love lip stains and am often rocking a red one so I decided to try it as an impulse but. Like other people said, its very drying, I had to put on Lip Medix after for mositure. Also, I found the stain sang in so quickly and it was hard to evenly distribute on both lips. I had alot more on my bottom lip and it can look very blotchy. I'll stick with my REDS and Blotting.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Although there are some things wrong with these lipstains, I do like them. I own 420, a pink-y berry, and 435 (my favorite!), a reddish pink. The color is nice even with one layer, but you must layer this on in order to get it to stay. This product can accentuate dry patches; however I have found that this is generally not the case, especially if I exfoliate my lips, and I try to counteract any patches if needed with a clear lip balm after this dries. I just really like that it's easy and matte. if you eat, this fades, at least in my experience. The color 435 is really nice. This also smells quite delicious; it has a sweet smell that I can't quite describe. Possibly cherry? CoverGirl's prices are too high for the quality of their products, however.
If I run out of this, especially in 435, I will most likely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These were my first lip stains! Since I had no other lip stain I didn't really have high standards for them. I picked up 440, kind of a soft cherry red.I have to say, I was not very good at picking out everyday colors. Now looking back, it didn't last that long. I also have lipstain in 400. It's a soft baby pink like color. They both kind of smell fruity.I got them for $7.84 at Walmart. They are actually very drying. I will not repurchase, but as my first stain I was sort of disappointed after trying some better stains.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Used as intended, this product just sucks. This isn't a stain. It's a liquid tint that wears off quickly. Also, the pigmentation is medium. The deeper shades are definitely there but not as vivid as I would expect from a stain. All shades have a sweet fruit punch scent. The colors lean softer and more natural. But *surprisingly* it's excellent as a base color and lip shaper under glosses. For real! The stain has color but it's transparent like a gel blush so it won't muddy up the high shine finish and it won't dull down the sparkle in glittery glosses. One of my favorite evening-out glosses is Bobbi Brown's Glitter Lip Gloss. Pairing the Outlast Lipstains with my gloss gives me the brilliant sparkle and finish I love from my gloss but now with a versatile color base and the ability to define my lips and fill in uneven pigmentation.
Used as a lipstain, I'd rate it a 1 and strongly advise anyone to pass it up. It doesn't wear well alone.
Used underneath a gloss for lip shaping and color-boosting, I'd give it a 4. A good gloss will make it durable and it does shape lips nicely. I can skip lip liner if I use the Lipstain. (It doesn't prevent feathering, it's for shaping only.) continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Duinnie

This lipstain doesn't really stay long, comes off like regular lipstick, and even accentuates my already dry lips. I think it's a waste of money.