October 31, 2014 | 1572 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri Speed Dry Drops

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was never one for drying drops, I always just thought it would be better to allow my nails to dry naturally, but this product changed my mind. I got it on sale at a dollar store, and it was one of the best nail purchases I've ever made. My nails are completely dry to the touch a minute after applying this, and solves my problem of constantly smudging my nail polish after applying it. My nails were perfect for an entire week and a half, with only a top coat (Revlon) and this over it. I'm thoroughly impressed and will be purchasing this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale for 3 euros (usually about 11 euros) because I had run out of my beloved essence drying spray. The direction advises to let the polish dry for one minute and then allow for 5 minutes drying time. I already found that a bit strange, as the nailpolish I use is usually dry within 5 minutes anyway (note that I rarely do anything beyond 2 coats). I'm not a huge fan of dripping the oil on the nail, it seems uneven at first though it spreads out and I find it a bit messy. I do like that it moisturizes the cuticles in one go. Not too fond of the smell, it reminds me of a very artificial almond smell.

Won't repurchase next time but go back to the spray from essence.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I got this at the dollar store for $2 and was very excited. To date this is the only drying drops I have tried to date so I can't compare it to any. However, this just did not work for it. First of all, it didn't dry my nail polish at all. It just made my nails really oily and messy, and when I tried to wash it off, the polish would get bumpy and smudged.
Will not buy again...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by TimidSoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always used quick-dry sprays but discovered this little gem last year and I love it! I have a habit of painting my nails a little before I go to bed because that's the only time I'm not moving around and grabbing things. In the past, 9 out of 10 times I would get sheet marks in the morning, even if I've waited an hour before going to bed. However, with these drops I only need to wait about 20 minutes and there are no sheet marks in the morning! I also don't have problems with chipping and the polish easily lasts 5 days before it needs re-doing (unless the polish is infamous for chipping). I also constantly wash my wands too! The only reason I gave it 4/5 is because the application is a bit messy but I don't think I could do my nails without this!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ashpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have both these insta-dry drops and the insta-dry top coat, and I will choose the latter from here on out. I've used these drops on my nails for the past 5 or so times I've done my nails(base coat, 2 polish coats, top coat) and I've still experienced chips or smudges within the hour. I can imagine if you only have one coat of polish to dry, this stuff might be your best bet, but for several coats it's blah. The one benefit however is that it really moisturizes my cuticles, but that's what cuticle creams are for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was pretty good. It did seem to dry my nails faster as after my manicure I was up and about doing stuff and I never once dented or ruined the polish.

The drops are easy to apply which I loved. Yes they are oily, but it's an oil dropper formula so I was expecting it. Your fingers will get coated in the stuff but its easy to wash off with water.

I waited about a minute or two before applying the drops after my polish went on. Then I waited 5 mins for the drops to work. Washed it off, and it really was dry!

The only problem I found was chip wear was almost immediate (less than 24 hours). Which I can only assume was the drops, as I was wearing Zoya's Trixie (which has great wear). I guess that's why I won't buy this again, *BUT*, I will enjoy using the rest of the drops!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I choose not to live without this product. I usually apply a base coat, 2 to three coats of polish and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, let it cure for about 5 minutes and then I put two drops of this on every nail (tips or toes). It works marvelously at just giving the nail enough slip and extra drying to withstand any dents and scuffs. Love, love, love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by StupidCupid4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I ran out of my Insta-Dri Top Coat, I was going to pick up another bottle but grabbed this one instead since it was on sale. It's not a bad product, it does dry your nails pretty quickly. It smells great, but since it's an oil it makes a mess! Be sure to put a tissue under your nails when using the dropper. I only used 2 coats of polish + this product, and hours later I went to bed and woke up with some polish wrinkles. Not a huge deal, but this never happened to me with the Top Coat. This stuff works pretty well, but if you're looking for a faster dry, NO smudges whatsoever, and a skipped step (no top coat) -- buy the Insta-Dri Top Coat instead. You end up throwing away about 1/4 of the bottle because you can't reach the bottom, but the pros of the product outweigh that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by jamieisjewish

I use this every time I polish my nails. However, if the polish is thick and I have time, I typically apply the drops after each coat of polish, wait a little while and then wash my hands with soap and move on to the next coat. I really think that's the most effective way to use it (if you have that kind of time). I like the smell of it. Also, I have bumped my nails many time after using these drops and was seriously scared to look at the damage, but I have been pleasantly surprised every time. I would definitely buy this again and I probably wouldn't bother painting my nails if I didn't have this to help speed the drying. It does drip onto your fingertips, so if you plan on touching anything you will want some newspaper or something to blot your fingertips with.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love having painted nails, but I've always despised actually painting them, because the process seems to take up a good hour or two of the day at least.

I just used this for the first time today. I painted a base coat, two coats of nailpolish, then a top coat, waited about a minute then used these drops. They sort of get all over the tips of your fingers and make them very greasy, but wait 5 minutes and it's safe to wash them off without smudges. I would say my nails dried to the touch in about 10 minutes. It seems to take a little longer to dry completely hard, maybe half an hour but that's a lot quicker that how long it usually takes for my nails to completely dry.

It isn't a miracle product but it seems to work. I might try the Sally Hansen insta-dry topcoat before repurchasing to see if that works quicker.