Cargo Eye Shadow- Fiji

4.7

on 1/10/2014 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Being dark skinned I don't frequently by taupe eyeshadows. However I found this one for a steal online. I am a MAC NC45 in the mineralize liquid and wear a Deep Dark in the mineralize skin finish.This shadow is a true taupe on my lids I don't pull any red tones at all. It goes on smooth and I didn't need to apply layer after layer to get the product to show up. It's too bad this shadow is difficult to find it's a real winner and good for everyday looks.

on 9/24/2013 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Fiji is a beautiful shadow, but, as another reviewer observed, it's a lot like MAC Satin Taupe, which I own, and like, but just don't use all that much.

Besides that, Fiji seems a bit too shimmery and a little too reddish for my tastes. When I want a shimmery brownish taupe, I prefer Stila Grace, which is "taupier."

on 5/24/2009 3:14:00 PM

I looovvee this eyeshadow. Fiji is a shimmery dark cocoa color with plum undertones. It looks gorgeous on my green-hazel eyes. Beautiful as a wash over the whole lid for day, and can also be smoked out and spiced up for night. It is just like MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow, but in my opinion the texture is much softer and creamier, and the pigmentation is much better. If you look at the MAC website, the swatch of Satin Taupe is a very accurate representation. As an eyeshadow, it is quite big (the pan is 1.5 in in diameter, compared to MAC's 1 in), so it will last you a long time. I don't get any fading or creasing with it either. The only thing I don't like very much is the packaging, its in a little tin that can be a pain to open, especially when in a hurry. Overall, amazing, my favorite eyeshadow probably!

on 4/13/2008 4:42:00 PM

A great taupe! It's perfectly balanced between brown and gray with a lovely satin sheen. Richly pigmented and the texture is so good it's almost creamy, but super-light at the same time. This means you can build up the color from a sheer veil to a darker, smoky look. No creasing or fading. All-around fantastic.

on 12/8/2007 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is Cargo's equivalent to MAC's Satin Taupe. It's a taupe-ish brown with plummy undertones, no silver cast. That said, I like the texture of Fiji more than that of Satin Taupe, it's creamier and more pigmented. Cargo eyeshadows are quickly becoming my new favorites due to their great texture and pigmentation. Fiji is no exception. I love this color worn in the crease with Yukon (or any other lighter color on the lid), it works beautifully with my NW30 coloring. The only draw back to this product is the packaging, the tins are cute but not the post practical in my opinion. Regardless, I would buy again and again, but doubt that i'm going to have to due to the generous amount the give you.

on 11/12/2007 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this shade by mistake thinking it was a cobalt blue. Instead of exchanging it for the one I really wanted, I tried it and haven't looked back since. This shadow goes on my crease whenever I'm wearing a gold, beige, or yellow eyeshadow as a base. It looks amazing and I always get compliments. It's a cocoa-brown shadow with a hint of purpley undertones. The texture of this product is amazing, and even with years of use I still have TONS left! Recently started using it as an eyebrow filler...looks very natural there. The color payoff is wonderful, will buy again if I ever run out (will take 20 years to use up, lol).

on 6/12/2007 1:02:00 PM

I received this e/s in a swap, and I can't say enough. It was shattered in the package, so I put it in little 5g sifter jars and shelled some out to my friends as well, that's how much I adore this color. It's perfect lightly layered over a base for the day, and it's very stunning at night for a smoked out eye. It's a lightly shimmery, plummy-taupe, just as the other reviewers have described, and it's my first real-live HG eyeshadow. Will buy in a second when I run out, but that'll be a while b/c this is a lot of product in a package.

on 4/9/2007 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I *love* it! Its perfect for a smokey eye because its dark but doesn't have all the glitter and super shimmer of a lot of other brands. It does have a little shimmer, however. WONDERFUL texture and awesome pigmentation. Its sort of a plummy brown, but much more on the brown side; its not nearly as plummy as Lancome's Click.

I'm rather pale naturally, but I tan some and this looks AWESOME with my blue eyes.
This is going in with my other HG's for sure (those being NARS India Song and MAC Satin Taupe).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

such a gorgeous e/s!!! on my lids, it looks like a taupe w/ hints of plum.....been using this far more than my satin taupe....its highly pigmented and the texture is a dream....C3, yellow undertoned skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

RIS, I thought this was going to be a dirty purple colour - at least from the swatch on sephora - but it turned out to be a beautiful taupe colour - slightly deeper than MAC's Coco pigment. It goes well with my skintone even if it has silver undertones. I think it's the brown that warms me up and offsets the ashy/dead effect that I usually get from silver/greys. The packaging is a cute tin and is actually a ton of product. I love this and is definitely a must buy for anyone and a repurchase for me if I ever run out (doubtful).

Top Rated Cargo Products