Lipstick Queen Medieval

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I live in tropical Darwin and can be walking around outside throughout the workday in 30* C without a handbag, so I need to be able to have a lipstick in my pocket. Medieval survives the day! Not only does it survive it gives a great sheer flush of natural deep pink to my lips. Which has surprising staying power. Definitely much better than a balm.

I have also used it over sinner pink and it deepens the pink to a warm, rosey shade with a touch of shine.

Thank you Poppy I am so happy you are back.

This color is just gorgeous! I am always looking for a MLBB balm or stain, and having put off buying this for 6 years due to price, I finally caved. My lips naturally don't have any color, and I have to wear something to look lively. I have been using Lipsmackers for the tint. I would describe this as a grown up Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers+, because it actually shows up more, and is just as moisturizing with vitamin E. This is a new Holy Grail for me! Makes my lips look juicy and "just bitten".

This is the sheer red I've been waiting my whole life for! You know the color you used to get on your lips after eating a cherry popsicle when you were younger? This looks EXACTLY like that. It applies like a tinted balm, as many have already said, but the color is more noticeable and lasts longer than most tinted balms I've tried. If you're looking for major drama red lips, this won't do it for you. Personally, I LOVE how sheer this is - my natural lips show through, but they have the prettiest red tint to them. Will definitely repurchase.

Some readers here have called this a glorified lip balm, and I would tend to agree. But wow, what a lip balm it is. It does apply so smoothly and feels so luxurious I can't help but love it. A quick swipe and you really don't notice much color, but you do get a nice hit of sheer red as you build it up. I don't think the staying time is very long, but again, with the feel, the beautiful color and the lovely packaging, I love it and happily reapply. And if you apply a few swipes, you do get a more noticeable red, albeit still natural.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick is very moisturizing and is packed with pigment. It's a fun color to wear day-to-day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I agree with other reviewers that this is really a glorified tinted lipbalm, but I am ok with that. I love how moisturizing it is and that I can put it on without looking. My favorite time to use Medieval is after you have worn a red lipstain for a few hours and you need some moisture on your lips. It fills in any gaps in color nicely. I think the pricepoint is pretty high considering and would really have to think twice about repurchasing.

I really like Medieval. A lot. But after my divorce, I was unable to afford spending over twenty dollars on what is basically a tinted balm...even if it is a really perfect color and consistency. It is not a lipstick, and can be swept onto the lips without a mirror. If I'm able to afford it again, I may purchase it as a splurge when I run out of my last tube, but I have found that a good sweep of lip balm and a very light touch of NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear in Sheer Red is just about a perfect match. Not as convenient, but at 1/22 the price, I'll take it. If the price is not a concern, though, Medieval is great!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

"Medieval is the red that flatters all complexions. Impossible to detect as anything other than a sensual melancholic hue." Poppy King - Lipstick Queen Founder.

During medieval times, when lipstick was considered a sin, women used the natural acidity of lemons to bring forth a natural blood-red stain on their lips, which is the look that the creator of this lip tint is aiming for. I only joined the Lipstick Queen bandwagon a short while ago, but Medieval has already become my go-to lip product. This is one of those products where the shade will look different on everyone; with my fair skin and pink lips the result is a sheer pinky red, with a slight hint of plum. It gives a rich, glossy colour without being a bold shade, and it goes nicely with all of my preferred eye looks.

My lips have been kept hydrated and flake free during cold weather and central heating, as the formula is buttery and light. Having a moisturizing formula means that this product isn't very long lasting, but the concept and colour makes up for this downside for me. The price is a bit embarrassing, but I do like it enough - and wear it more then enough - to say that I'm extremely likely to buy it again.

The texture is very much like a tinted lip balm and is comfortable to wear, but the color and texture are not particularly special, especially for the price. It's a sheer neutral red that doesn't layer to get any more opaque. I think it is easily replaced with Revlon lip butter in Red Velvet, which can be sheered out or layered, or by any red-tinted lip balm.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! Such a perfect, subdued red. I apply lightly and can wear it at the office. Apply an extra coat or two and I'm ok for happy hour in a dark bar.

Not drying at all. If anything it seems to leave my lips feeling better.

Wears great. I get several hours of full color and then it slowly starts to fade, but it fades very nicely/evenly. Doesn't disappear in the middle or settle into cracks.

I'm not a huge fan of the smell... It smells like clinique lipstick (which both my mom and grandma used so to me, is just a classic lipstick smell). I prefer lip treatments with a slightly sweet/fruity/vanillay smell. It doesn't smell bad (or strongly!). No taste either.

Its a bit on the pricey side $22 or so for a regular sized tube. Have to say the tube did last me a bit longer than I thought it would, which helped cushion/justify the cost. Will definitely repurchase, but wish it were a tiny bit cheaper.

Recommended for Medium Skin