July 30, 2014 | 2139 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - 3 Step System

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by chloepoodle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently went back to Clinique because I wanted a more cost effective system. I bought the packaged three step in #2 (dry/combo) per the questionnaire system as well as a couple of other things I wanted to try. Within a week I ended up with dry, red, scaly skin. I didn't want to give up as this system had worked very well for me back in the day. I switched some things around and got it right and added in Take the Day off Balm and Moisture Surge. This is what I found (and hope it helps):
1. The liquid soap is NOT for me (went back to the bar version and the eczema disappeared.The liquid isn't actually soap, but detergent). Has a lot of sodium (salt) which can be irritating and drying.
2. The questionnaire diagnosing system is not foolproof. Unfortunately, many clinique SA's think it is and advise wrongly.
3. It's better to error with a milder number "system" than stronger.
4. Clarifying lotions #2, 3 and 4 are not for anyone with dry or sensitive skin- too strong. I reacted to the menthol in #2, which was another reason I had a problem, but #1 is fine.
5. You may have some purging, but should not have any burning or itching.
6. Overall, This is a reasonably priced system especially considering the escalating prices of drugstore products and the overworked, overpriced, and drop in quality of other lines (Erno Laszlo and Arcona, I'm lookin' at you!).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Beccac88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product several months back as my skin had gotten so dry, I've always had dry skin but I was getting patches all over my face and it was getting worse! Make up was getting stuck in the dry bits leaving my face looking blotchy and uneven! I went to clinque to check my skin type (type 1 very dry to dry) the woman even said the only oil on the skin on my forehead was from my foundation, and area which I really struggled to put makeup on as it was that dry! I noticed a difference straight away the blotchy patches of skin cleared fast and in general my skin looked and felt so much better! Even though I have dry skin I also suffer from black heads on my chin and nose these too seemed to have improved... Don't get me wrong I still have some but they are a lot less than before! The only down side is that if I forget to wash my face for one day with the clinque I do find my skin gets drier.... But that's my own problem I shouldn't be so lazy!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Rs12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product nearly a week ago and have been using it a recommended twice a day, at first the face awash was fine but the cleansing lotion stung so badly I nearly had to wash it off but I thought maybe my skin just had to get used to it. I had no problems other than that until two days ago I had football training and it was hot out and tend to sweat on my face a little but it began to sting my face, it was more on my forehead and around my eyes it was agonising! When I went home I washed my face with just water it was all dry and flakey and my eyes were bright red and one was puffy! I am unaware if it was because of the product or not. I am combination dry skin but it's making my skin dryer!! The soap and the cleansing lotion seem to be working fine but I need a different moisturiser as this one is clearly not working or putting any moister in my skin! It's so dry and flakey around my eyes and in my forehead I can't really out makeup on to cover it as it will just stick to it! However, it is clearing up my acne around the centre of my face but the rest of my face just feels dry and the moisturiser just makes my skin feel oily and greasy to the touch I don't know wether or not to recommend it to someone with dry combination, sensitive like me but I would like some answers as to why it's making my skin more dry when it is for DRY COMBINATION SKIN!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by kendellnicole01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to use this, because I thought it would help my skin. After the second use it made my chin break out into a rash. I continued to use this to see if it would clear up, but it just made my skin flake off and very dry. When I stopped using it, my skin cleared up. I don't suggest this if you have very sensitive skin like I do. A huge waste of $70.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by louisey93

I have began using anti blemish for combination skin and i can honestly say i dont like it my skin feels more sensitive my skin looks extremely shiny and redder and even when i start applying the toner i have a bad feeling this isn't right for my skin. I then couldn't get my foundation to look right or stay on which i never have the problem with. I was told i needed to use these products in the first place to help make the foundation look better. I will be changing to bare minerals i love their products and i can honestly feel they are better for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by BeckieDistance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love the three step system!!!!! I bought the travel size no.4 for extremely oily skin To try it out before buying the full size bottles, this is the only face wash and clarifying lotion than has not dried or irritated me skin as I also have sensitive skin, the moisturiser is my favourite part of the system, it soaks in right a way and still makes my skin feel moisturised, I think it is good value for money I have seen the size if the full size bottles and there huge! I find a little goes a long way, I bought the 30ml travel sizes 4 weeks ago and all the pots are still half full and I've used it twice daily!! I will be purchasing the full size when I run out!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by teojia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the one for oily skin during one of my DFS sprees, and I was quite excited to use them. However, this broke me out really badly. I continued for about over a month (or was it two?), thinking my skin needed to get used to new products / give it some time to see if it really really works (It's Clinique!) but my skin never recovered. Now I've given the cleanser and toner away, but I've kept the moisturiser, which I hardly use, but hey, who knows, it might be useful someday.

Never purchasing this again. Should have done my research before I spent all those money!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These three products are awful!!!! Firstly the face wash leaves your skin that dry you immediately look like you have wrinkles and unhealthy skin. The dry face does sound like a dream for people with oily skin (like myself) HOWEVER because your natural oils have been aggressively stripped your body/face naturally produces more so you end up very oily!! The toner or clarifying lotion wowww!!! This is the worst - it smells like vodka. It's contains alcohol which is sooo bad for your skin... There really is just no need for how harsh these products are. I don't have sensitive skin at all but after using the clarifying lotion my skin felt like it was on fire. it was all red and blotchy AWFUL!!! And finally the moisturiser - or should I say yellow water... This does absolutely nothing my skin didn't feel hydrated, moisturised or anything - I asked the lady on Clinique why the moisturiser was so lame and she described it to be as a 'drink for the skin' but you still need to moisturise after using it SO ITS POINTLESS THEN!!!! I've got to say, on a positive the marketing behind 'the 3 step' is amazing it really did make me want to buy it and I soooo wanted it to work for me!! After trying this product out for about 3/4 weeks preying every morning it would suddenly be amazing I gave up and moved to Dermalogica NOW THAT IS AMAZING!!! Yes, it's more expensive but you see and feel results instantly - check out my other reviews on Dermalogica :-) xx

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

Urgh. I used this system (in 3 for oily skin) religiously for about 3 years after being brainwashed by the staff at the Clinique counter. It cost me a fortune and did absolutely nothing for my skin!!! It's just a big con in my opinion. It's a shame that I can't give it negative stars!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Pink81

I received a free demo from Clinique 3 step system #3 for combination to oily skin. I've to say that this is the worst product that I've ever used. The first 3 weeks it worked well, my skin was clearing up and it wasn't dry, but my nightmare began during the 4th week, my skin started to break out especially on my chin and soon I had many pimples and cystic acne as well, although my skin is acne prone I've never had such kind of break outs and my skin started to drying very bad in that zone.

After that I decided stop using it and now it has been 2 weeks and I'm still having break outs and my skin continuous dry. As a result I went to the doctor and he told me that these kind of products are too strong and instead of helping, it increases the problem and make it worse because it stimulates oil skin production.
Until now I don't know how long will take to my skin recovering from this. So please make a favour to yourself and don't buy this rubbish product seriously!.