November 27, 2014 | 1549 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - 3 Step System

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by HeidiML

Back to using the Clinique 3-step system after a few years of using other products. I was fed up with how my skin was looking - I'm middle aged but still battle with oily skin, very fair, and the pores on my nose are trashed due to a bad sunburn many years ago. My skin was looking dull, I couldn't go w/out make up, and even though I had good luck with CereVe cleaners + a Clarisonic eventually that wasn't really working either. Decided to go BACK TO CLINIQUE and I'm so glad I did!!!
Did using the 3-step it change my skin overnight? No. Did it change my skin in a week? No. Did it change my skin in about 2 weeks to the point I can skip make up, my skin feels great, and absolutely looks different? Yes. The longer I use it the better and better my skin looks? Yup!! It's three steps, 2x a day, every day, and there's great results.

- Soap - I use the mild. The bar lasts a long time. I use it with my Clarisonic or alone. Nice suds, rinses off easily, not drying. Very nice. It's good to my skin.
- Toner #3 - ask the Clinique person what toner to use. I assumed I would use 2, however with the oil level of my skin and other issues she recommended using 3. She was right. I haven't found it to be harsh, or drying, and it definitely has improved my pores.
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, Gel. Love this stuff. One small pump is all that's needed. It doesn't feel like other moisturizers. In fact, after I put it on my face almost feels "dry" for awhile like I need to apply more. I just ignore that. It does what it's supposed to.

Results: I don't know why I ever, ever stopped using Clinique 3 step system. Years ago, I used Clinique exclusively. Then we moved and there wasn't a mall nearby so buying it became a hassle. Now Clinique is available in non-mall stores like Ulta and Sephora, and online - and the area we live in has built up so there's a mall practically next door - so no excuses. Clinique is also generous with free samples of their products, and their salespeople are very well trained. The online shopping site is very nice, and the package arrives very quickly, wrapped in tissue and sometimes sample surprises thrown in.

It would be nice if their toners all came in pump style bottles. It's not a huge hassle taking the cap off, tipping the bottle onto a cotton ball, putting the cap back on - but honestly it would be nice to just push the cotton ball onto a pump top lid and be done with it. Every so often they used to offer the pump top lids, it should be standard packaging. Especially for the price.

Clinique has been around for DECADES. This is high quality product. And the 3 step system has been around for decades as well. Will it work wonders for everyone? Maybe not. But for me it's made an incredible difference in my skin, just as it did way back when I first began using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by MissLulu1

The toner is like using paint stripper on your face it is so harsh it really dried out my skin, the moisturiser is ok but not worth the cost. I don't like these products and would definitely not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by amitayumi

ive used this product only 1 month..i bought this 3 step system and the scrub..and this products ruin my skin..i have big acnes and small acne around my face which i never have before...i bought it after reading tons of positive feedback. ..now im back to my l'occitane and kiehls skin treatment...and thanks god those scary acnes dissappear

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by snowsun

I've used the 3-step Clinique system for 15 years with success. My skin looked well cared and hydrated and acne-free. However, when I turned 35, I realized I needed some extra moisture, I was developing dark spots and uneven tone (probably because of the alcohol content in the toner), and I was getting some little bumps (I attributed it to the Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel). I've been even changing the gel and the toner for the anti-blemish ones... but my concern about dark spots and bumps remained. Therefore, despite this twice-a-day routine facial care worked wonderfully during my early adulthood, I don't use it anymore. I don't say I won't use it again in the future, as it is a really convenient, complete, fast and dynamic manner of facial care... but for now, from the 3 Clinique steps, I'm only using the liquid facial soap for oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Lschk

I have been using the Clinique 3 step skin care system for around two months now in Skin Type 2.
CLEANSER: I like the cleanser as you do indeed feel it work and clean your skin. It leaves it soft and doesn't dry it out. It doesn't have. Strong sent but at the same time it smells extremely fresh, although it is fragrance free. You only need a small pea sized amount and it foams up. 5/5

TONER: There are two toners in the Type 2 range- one alcohol free (blue bottle) and or with alcohol (purple bottle). Many people are turned off by the fact that there is alcohol in a product, however I was told by a clinique specialist that that cosmetics alcohol is different to drinking alcohol and all it does is prevent pimples and blemishes from forming. It isn't harmful to most skin. I think the toner is nice and really does in fact continue to cleanse the skin. It dries fast and should be applied with a cotton pad. 5/5

DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT MOISTURISING LOTION: I have heard a lot of great things about the lotion and I do believe it is a great product. The lotion is light and yellow coloured. A small pea sized amount should be used. The only thing I have noticed that does not how the product a 5 is that after applying the product, it makes the skin around the cheeks slightly sticky. It moisturises the skin well and leaves it soft as well as giving it a slight glow. 4/5

Overall I think the set are good skin care products and do benefit the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by dariahughes4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this system about a week or two ago in the hopes it could clear up my redness and my acne. I bought this system in the bigger sizes that come with a pump for the toner and it also included travel sizes of each one. And because I spent about 70 dollars, I also received a free Clinique makeup bag that came with eye shadow, a baby tint, a cream cleanser mini, and a CC cream. I've only been using this system for about a week or two and my redness has dissapeared a little bit and my acne is getting a little worse but I'm not sure if its because its bringing all the gunk to the surface to get rid of it or not, so I'll have to keep using it to see results. When I went to a Clinique counter in Dillard's, I was originally looking for a foundation, but alas, because I'm so pale, their lightest shade was too dark. but the lady did a quiz and asked me a lot if questions about my skin and paired me up with this system. I AM USING THE THIRD ONE THAT HAS TGE PINK TONER, FOR COMBINATION SKIN. THE CLEANSER: I do like the cleanser. It is a gel consistency and it leaves my skin feeling clean with no irritation. THE TONER: The toner I bought came with the pump for easy and fast dispensing. So that is a plus. When I apply this toner to a cotton pad and then to my face, it strongly smells of alcohol and makes me cough every time. I looked on the bottle and it said to keep away from flame, but it didn't have any ingredients, so I think it has a very high alcohol content which kind of made me angry because this stuff is supposed to be made by dermatologists, who should know not to put alcohol in a skin care product because of drying. And this toner does irritate my skin a little which I do not like at all. THE LOTION: I really do love this lotion. its a gel lotion which I have never tried before. It sinks in right away and is very soothing. A little goes a long way. So would I recommend to a friend? Yes, but I would definitely tell them about the toner and how your skin gets worse before it gets better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Fbuffet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this product. I have combo, mostly clear skin (occasional one zit on my forehead during warmer season, but completely clear most of the time - my issue is oil and shine). I was encouraged by the Clinique girls to buy Level 3. What a disappointment. I followed the directions to the T and my oily T-Zone turned out to be oilier everyday that I used it and the normal parts MUCH drier than before. Oh gosh. The worst I thought that would happen was a bit of irritation as I got used to the product, but it just got worse day to day. Given the fact that Clinique boasts itself as a leader in the industry, I am sure that this product works for many people. Perhaps their Level 3 is a problem - combo skin is tricky. This product did not work for me. I returned it a bit over a week later. Sorry, Clinique. Not coming back...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by jtmbatha26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its only 3days but im very happy wit it,i bought very expensive skin care bt my face was troubling me untill i bought these im realy happy

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by jenniferrallynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to use this system in hopes that'll it help with my oily/combo/acne prone skin. I have some acne scars from break outs, larger pores, but my overall skin tone and texture was pretty decent. No major discoloration or unevenness. I started using this product in May/June of this year and my skin has been on the steady decline since then. The only positive of this system is the gel moisturizer. The toner dries my skin out SO much. I will be using up the rest of the cleanser and I won't be repurchasing.