September 30, 2014 | 1057 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - 3 Step System

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by dariahughes4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this system about a week or two ago in the hopes it could clear up my redness and my acne. I bought this system in the bigger sizes that come with a pump for the toner and it also included travel sizes of each one. And because I spent about 70 dollars, I also received a free Clinique makeup bag that came with eye shadow, a baby tint, a cream cleanser mini, and a CC cream. I've only been using this system for about a week or two and my redness has dissapeared a little bit and my acne is getting a little worse but I'm not sure if its because its bringing all the gunk to the surface to get rid of it or not, so I'll have to keep using it to see results. When I went to a Clinique counter in Dillard's, I was originally looking for a foundation, but alas, because I'm so pale, their lightest shade was too dark. but the lady did a quiz and asked me a lot if questions about my skin and paired me up with this system. I AM USING THE THIRD ONE THAT HAS TGE PINK TONER, FOR COMBINATION SKIN. THE CLEANSER: I do like the cleanser. It is a gel consistency and it leaves my skin feeling clean with no irritation. THE TONER: The toner I bought came with the pump for easy and fast dispensing. So that is a plus. When I apply this toner to a cotton pad and then to my face, it strongly smells of alcohol and makes me cough every time. I looked on the bottle and it said to keep away from flame, but it didn't have any ingredients, so I think it has a very high alcohol content which kind of made me angry because this stuff is supposed to be made by dermatologists, who should know not to put alcohol in a skin care product because of drying. And this toner does irritate my skin a little which I do not like at all. THE LOTION: I really do love this lotion. its a gel lotion which I have never tried before. It sinks in right away and is very soothing. A little goes a long way. So would I recommend to a friend? Yes, but I would definitely tell them about the toner and how your skin gets worse before it gets better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Fbuffet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this product. I have combo, mostly clear skin (occasional one zit on my forehead during warmer season, but completely clear most of the time - my issue is oil and shine). I was encouraged by the Clinique girls to buy Level 3. What a disappointment. I followed the directions to the T and my oily T-Zone turned out to be oilier everyday that I used it and the normal parts MUCH drier than before. Oh gosh. The worst I thought that would happen was a bit of irritation as I got used to the product, but it just got worse day to day. Given the fact that Clinique boasts itself as a leader in the industry, I am sure that this product works for many people. Perhaps their Level 3 is a problem - combo skin is tricky. This product did not work for me. I returned it a bit over a week later. Sorry, Clinique. Not coming back...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by jtmbatha26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its only 3days but im very happy wit it,i bought very expensive skin care bt my face was troubling me untill i bought these im realy happy

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by jenniferrallynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to use this system in hopes that'll it help with my oily/combo/acne prone skin. I have some acne scars from break outs, larger pores, but my overall skin tone and texture was pretty decent. No major discoloration or unevenness. I started using this product in May/June of this year and my skin has been on the steady decline since then. The only positive of this system is the gel moisturizer. The toner dries my skin out SO much. I will be using up the rest of the cleanser and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I purchased these products today and just used them for the first time before going to bed. My skin feels replenished, clean and nice. I will have to see how I wake up in the morning and will update if anything goes terribly wrong with my skin.
As for the use of the 3 step Clinique line, it has been very over hyped. My cousin recommended it to me and I paid $40 for the system. My skin is an oil slick and the women at the counter gave me the clarifying liquid for dry/combination skin. I figured if I got the “dry/combo" version it would be a lot more gentle on my skin because products aimed for oily skin tend to be more harsh and don't respect the face natural's oil production.
The lady at the counter told me to use the system night and morning everyday. I told her I wouldn't do so because I know my skin and it will go crazy if I do something like that to it. I only used a pump of the soap, made a lather with plenty of water, washed my face. Then I took a cotton ball with the clarifying liquid, and swiped it over my face, never going over the same area twice (it didn't sting at all). And finally applied a little bit of moisturizer all over. And my skin feels dewey and soft. Like I said, I don't plan on doing this every night and day as told, I might maintain this routine weekly or twice a week. I will update on the effects of this 3 step system on my skin.
I took 2 lippies off the rating because of ridiculous price tag -_-
*********UPDATE SEPTEMBER 8 2014********
I dont know how I feel about this product. I have used it every two days for the last two weeks and this is what I've noticed: No new zits or painful pimples have been developing, however, this did dry out many pimples I used to have on my face, which made them easy to squeeze and pop out of my skin. Many dry dark acne scars have appeared, and I have noticed drier patches of skin all over my forehead and cheeks. I got the dry/combo skin system so WHOAH! If you really have dry skin beware! This will dry out your face even more!
Another thing I have noticed is my skin may be developing some sort of dependency on this product, if that makes any sense! If I stop using it for a day I notice my skin getting super dry and my oily T-Zone getting even oilier with tiny hard pimples all around!!! Once I use it again my skin calms down and feels soft and dewey again, pimple free! If someone has an explanation for this phenomenon please message me because I don't know what to do!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Sophie774

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a waste of money, this three 3 step system was more like 3 steps to worse looking skin, it stung my face, and did absolutely nothing to sort out my dry skin and blemishes, it cost a lot too and don't see any results to make me happy. I've heard about this new product range biocorrex, but not sure whether to try it, are they any good? I'm trying to find out more info.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Mandalaine

I will stress this: The three step system works if you get the RIGHT system for you. The cookie cutter ones they have are great if you fit that type, but not may people I know do. Also as your skin changes with age or what not so should your system. You really need to get a consult by a person who knows their stuff. This can even change parts of your system seasonally!! Good consults can help you build a system and show you how to use it so works for you. This is so important because it means the difference from success to total failure. I am currently using the Redness Solution Soothing Cleanser - Totally works at redness reduction over time, is super gentle and does not irritate. The Mild Clarifying Lotion - On my T zone only so it wont irritate or dry out my more sensitive areas (chin/cheeks)!! I finish off with 2-3 pumps of the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel - super hydrating on my dry sections but is not too heavy on my oily T zone.

I gave it one lippy off for price as it can hurt the budget for some. Other than that, it completely works if you get the combo right.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by ksickman09

This product ruined my face, I was having awful jawline breakouts and I kept telling myself I'm using clinique it has to work! It just has to get better before it gets worse. Wrong. It was only making it worse. Do not recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Kateomack

I have had this product for a month and it has done nothing for me. My skin is exactly the same.