April 24, 2014 | 1898 users online

Treatments - Meaningful Beauty by Cindy Crawford - glowing serum

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Rave676

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was given to me as a gift, and I wanted to love it but unfortunately i do not. I used this yesterday for the first time and now today my face is very broken out and I normally only get a few pimples during "that time of the month". It didn't feel as though it fully absorbed, it just kinda sat on top of my skin. If you call oily looking skin "glowing" skin than give it a shot. But I don't recommend this

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Leslieann36

So..I think this might be my first review here. I've read a lot though. That said, I feel that this stuff is JUNK. I read other terrible reviews and it wasn't until I was offered a free sample that I tried it. Now, I am fairly reasonable with my expectations but the one thing I simply cannot get passed is when a product stinks to the point that I can smell it the next day. AND I AM NOT EVEN SENSITIVE TO SCENTS!! But, if you can't get past the smell of the WORST sunless tanner smell, then you will be disgusted by this. I will say that I have no idea how much it actually costs or the real packaging but, does that really matter when it comes to something that works? I think not. I noticed no change other than the smell on my skin. I only used for one week and my skin had no change. Not good, not bad, just useless. Maybe some irritation even. Please don't pay money for this. It is what everyone says it is...JUNK! TOO BAD TOO SAD, IT SOUNDED SO GOOD!:( thank god it was free. Now THAT says a whole lot about a product..giving it away? I should have guessed. Cindy, you failed us.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Dextruxtion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this product, but I have a few negatives to approach.

First, the positives:
-I was delighted at the difference this glowing serum made in my everyday routine.
It made my skin look positively radiant after wash/tone/moisturize. So much so that when I used it, I wouldn't even bother to use a makeup concealer.
-I have very fair skin, so I'm not sure if that's what made the difference for me or not, after reading other reviews saying it did nothing for others. I used this product for almost a year and was always complimented on how bright my complexion was, and how young my skin looked.

The Negatives:
- It smells kind of funky. It's hard to explain, but it has this bitter, thick odor to it, but the odor tends to go away shortly after application.
-I have sensitive skin, so this product would burn my face slightly and irritate my eyes after application, but the sensation goes away shortly.
-I personally feel it's way too expensive for the amount you receive, which is why I'm no longer using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by gauldine

It is time for Cindy Crawford and all her customers and potential customers to read all of the complaints about her business practices. Thousands of people of innocently purchasing a trial order of Cindy's products to only be harassed month after month for product they have not ordered. Even when product is returned and credit card companies have successfully closed disputes with Cindy's marketing company Guthy-Renker, customers are still be harassed for money.

Cindy, what is it going to take to stop this mess?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Glowing serum...I think this is supposed to be Meaningful Beauty's spin on Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. It's the same color and similar texture. And the effects are supposed to be the same, I think. But...as with all of the Meaningful Beauty products I've tried...it just doesn't do much of anything. It's another layer to put on. It's another added step. It's...not much of anything, but a bother. I wasn't blown away by anything in the Meaningful Beauty line. When I purchased, I used them regularly but after not seeing any difference of any kind, put them away. And no one I know has wanted to take them off my hands when I ask. I still have little odds and ends I'm trying to use up from the time I made the mistake of ordering a set. :/ I do not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by mommywithsix

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What the heck is GLOWING serum supposed to do anyway? For that matter, what is Meaningful Beauty supposed to be? If it's supposed to put color in my face, no thanks! I found that it did absolutely nothing. It's just an extra step to a very confusing regime. This is all hype and no results. If anything, it works ok as a primer for under makeup. It does seem to make a slightly better pallet for a base. That is how I will be using mine and then NO re-order, for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom bought the Meaningful Beauty (dumb name, IMO) products on an impulse while watching an infomercial (she's always getting suckered in by those things!)...anyway, she used them a couple of times & then gave them to me, since she's not one to really follow any kind of regimen/routine. I am reviewing product separately.
I'm not really sure what the point of this "glowing serum" is, but at first I thought maybe it was some kind of illuminating moisturizer, but it isn't. It didn't make me "glow" at all & what's worse is that it smells terrible.
At least it didn't break me out. That's the only good thing I can say about it, which isn't much of an endorsement!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Avoid Meaningful Beauty if you have any skin sensitivity at all. I had to send the whole works back, mind you they were very good about it when I called. This serum made my face glow all right---BRIGHT RED!!! Never had that problem before with any product. It looked like I had a second degree sunburn! Weird because I only had that reaction to the serum. Anyway, back it went, and I did get my refund, no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Stacela72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the meaningful beauty complete system, but will review each in about a month to ensure an accurate review...... after 2 weeks, I can say this product is great already. I use it under makeup and I have that beautiful inner glow only youthful and pregnant women seem to posses. I work the midnight shift so looking fresh and well rested is a challenge. This glowing serum is exactly what it claims. You glow without looking shiny or plastic. I tend to stay away from any glow or shine product because I have combination / oily skin and they usually make me look like a greasy disco ball. This serum is completely different from the rest. It's wonderful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by angela239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell. I love all the products in the kit.I see my skin looks smoother.A lot of tanning and sun has damaged my skin.
It is a little expensive,though.Over time of consistent use, your skin looks better.So far,I really havent tried anything else that really works as well.