December 18, 2014 | 1699 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vicco Turmeric-WSO

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by fairplaytoyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has reduced the size of the few spots on my cheek, so I have high hopes for it. I also use a turmeric and milk mask once a week, so I'm hoping I'll see results soon. I LOVE the matte finish, it's great as my skin is combination.

I also have a lot of spot scarring, which hasn't been able to be removed with lemon and the garnier dark spot corrector so I hope that decreases with time but I'll update in due course.

UPDATE (15./12/14): I've been using this for five days and I've been able to see a difference. The spots have greatly reduced in size and redness. However, I've been extremely pleased with the effect on the other side of my face (cheeks) which had spot scarring and didn't seem to suffer from spots quite as much. The scars are fading, which is amazing because literally nothing worked on them.This cream is so convenient it's amazing and I've really come to like the smell. The only thing that's irritating, although not that much, is that I can't find this in any of my local Indian grocery stores so I've ordered online from Amazon for 7.99. This cream is really worth it and the results I've seen have convinced me to stick with it. Will update once more when I've seen a lot less scarring.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by nicooe4eva111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I first used this product as a teenager and it broke me out so I stopped. Now I am in my 30's and I have tried so hard to get a mattyfying cream but couldn't since I have oily; acne prone, sensitive and rosacea skin type.

My skin now is so calm with this product & I am soo happy...It cleared up my skin, works well under my makeup, and it helps with my hyperpigmentation.

I personally love the smell, and finds it very calming. Would definitely recommend it based on my experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by sheetal12

I have been suffering from acne from last 3 years and they are cyctic in nature. I have tried the most expensice treatments including visits to Dermatologist. After reading the reviews on MuA I skeptically tried this cream. Its exactly two weeks and I cant believe the miracle I am witnessing. I use it as spot treatment -morni g and night. In the night I combine this cream with Avene Triacneal. Just dab it as soon as you notice a breakout..and witness the change.I highly recommend this cream. What has also helped me is Homeopathy. Overall along with my Homepathy is this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

PURPOSE FOR USE: Evening skin tone and diminishing some small acne spots on cheeks.

I've just started using this and I'm very impressed so far. It doesn't irritate my sensitive/highly reactive skin at all, in fact, my skin appears calmer and my concealer that I wear all over my face looks much nicer over this.

The scent is a strong floral fragrance that I initially made me apprehensive because my face doesn't like fragrance, but this hasn't caused any problems, which is great!

I purchased mine from eBay.

I will update soon, but so far, so good!

***************************17TH APRIL 2014**************************
I don't use this, it did absolutely nothing for me. It just made my face dry and tight. Might be better if you have oily skin and want a good matte cream for under your make-up.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by azzy221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because of the rave reviews, and because of the benefits of the turmeric for the skin which I can't use because I'm too fair and it leaves a yellow staining on my skin.. so I thought I would give this a go...

First I like the texture of the cream, it almost has the same texture as margarine but when applied to the skin leaves a non greasy, matte look.

I used this for two days, and have decided to discontinue using it, because of 2 main reasons.

The smell is unbearable and is VERY strong. It doesn't seem to fade as well. I can't really put my finger on it but I can smell a hint of rose water (on it's own is wonderful) but it's mixed with something else which doesn't go to well. I read some reviews some people attributed the smell to turmeric but I'm Arabic and turmeric is a staple in many of our rice dishes, and it smells nothing like it. Some others say it's because of the sandal wood oil, and unless sandalwood oil has a very strong scent which overrides the turmeric (which on its own has a very distinguishable heavy smell to it and its extract [with the smell or not?]comprises of 16% of the cream in comparison to 0.5% of sandalwood oil) then I can't see how it could smell of sandalwood oil more so than turmeric. Either way I'm not a fan of whatever fragrance it is.... neither is whoevers accompanying me (yes, it's that strong)

I also have a feeling it doesn't really absorb well into the skin, like it sits on the skin as a powder would and when you spray a mist the smell is ever so present...

Anyway the second reason why I wont use this is because of the harmful ingredients it contains. I have recently become more health conscious of what I am putting on my skin, and this cream includes Methyl Paraben Sodium and Propyl Paraben... which when absorbed by the skin enter the bloodstream with no filtering, unlike consuming something where the stomach acids work to filter it. Had I found a miracle product that works well with me but contains these ingredients I would use it but would look to switch to a more natural product which would give the same results. But the main deal breaker is that no where on the packaging or tube itself it mentioned the ingredients which I feel is a little misleading, false advertisement of being a natural Ayurvedic herbal remedy but far from it.

So to me it wasn't worth it. I will not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really surprised this product isn't more popular. After having success with a turmeric and yogurt face mask in brightening and evening my skin and diminishing clogged pores, I was looking for a skincare product of some kind that contained turmeric, since the mask wasn't convenient enough to use in my regular skincare regimen and stained my skin and towels. At night, I apply Vicco's cream all over my face after washing with my clarisonic (with Himalaya neem & turmeric cleanser), and after it dries, I use jojoba oil to moisturize. I have noticed my skin is incredibly smooth, blackheads and clogged pores reduced, and somewhat more even skin tone. A few times I had pimples healing, I did think that they seemed to heal faster while I was using this. The smell is very strong and may turn some people off. I personally don't find it particularly unpleasant, but it is very odd and distinctive. While I paid way more than I think I needed to for this cream (it was hard to find), online it is possible to pay very little for it. I definitely would rebuy, because I think this is really a multi-use product, being a spot treatment and tone enhancer in one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by srao92

Pros:
Relatively cheap
Gives Oily/combo skin a nice matt feel after washing
Keeps pimples, hyper-pigmentation and other skin blemishes at bay
Lasts a long time
Easy use dispense from the tube
..And I'm not too sure but I think it is Natural product. In any case it's quite close because its Ayurvedic.

Cons:
Can be tough to find if you aren't close to any Indian/Arabic/North African convenience stores or outlets
Smell can be off putting to some (does diminish with use and doesn't linger on skin too much)
Can make you go yellow if you dab on too much. This will only be an issue if you are pale skinned.

Overall it's my go to moisturiser. I will not use anything else... EVER!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by dwhite_07017

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for 6 months. I've noticed the following: fewer dark spots, less pimples, and surprise, less hair growth. Come to find out, Turmeric (which is the main ingredient) does all the these things. I've use both formulas ( with and without Sandalwood oil) I can't tell the difference between the two. I will continue to use this p

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly the texture broke me out. I have tried this twice over periods of a couple of months and the result was always the same: pimples. Too bad since this is an inexpensive way to see if turmeric works for you without having to worry about staining. Turmeric is supposed to be anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and have strong anti-oxident properties. I've had better results so far with a mask also containing olive oil and honey.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by gp619

I ABSOLUTELY laaaaaaaaaaaav this product. It's been clearing my acnes since I was 14. I stopped using it recently cuz I wanted to try some new products but ended up suffering from pimples. :| Hence, I am gonna switch back to it again. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No