Vicco Turmeric-WSO

4.1

Active Ingredients: Turmeric 16%, Sandalwood oil .5% Cream Base: Stearic acid, Sorbitol, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

on 8/25/2015 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I had some persistent rash in my face for like three months. And on my hands. The crème from my doctor didn't work and made it even worse.
In Belgium I saw a little Indian shop and yes they had this turmeric stuff!
I used it when I was twenty and my rash was even worse (like half my f#@§* Face)
I applied it and four days later my rash melted away. I also use it on my pimples and it works like a dream and it is so cheap!

on 7/22/2015 2:33:00 PM

I have been using the version with sandalwood for about a week now. It was about $6 at a local Indian grocery.

It's housed in a decent sized tube that will last a while. The cream itself is a pale cream color. (Where is the turmeric??!!) The texture is like a creamy slightly congealed oil, which sounds kind of gross, but it melts easily into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy film...in fact it's quite mattifying!

I find this effective. I've used turmeric masks in the past with epic results, but since my skin's not so bad now, they are just too much of a messy hassle to keep up with, so I decided to try the Vicco. This cream took care of some random zits post haste. Like, ASAFP. It also makes for an excellent primer -- the turmeric's astringent properties quell a lot of my natural oil production throughout the day, and my makeup stays in place with minimal touch ups. That is awesome.

It also gives a nice glow. It doesn't stain skin like straight up turmeric will (seriously, how is it not neon orange with that high a turmeric percentage?) but there is still enough of the special stuff in there to add that yellowy glow. I'm olive with a tan right now, and it only enhances that. I don't think fair skinned peeps will notice any weird colors on their face, though. It's subtle.

What's NOT subtle is the scent. It's VERY veryyyyy strong. Basically straight up sandalwood to my nose. I don't mind it as I'm kind of a hippie, but my 3yo daughter tells me I smell disgusting every night, lol.

Overall this is great. I think it might be exacerbating any latent facial redness though. I'm still working on the ratios of how much/when/how often to use, etc. It can be drying, too. I wish there were no parabens! There are no good ways to DIY this either without staining your skin I don't think.

Thumbs up, worth a try.

EDIT: Gotta give this a 5 and have found many uses for it. So a weird TMI way I use this is to calm shaving rash on my inner thighs (ugh, the worst). Not only does it take down the bumps but it helps lighten scars and dark marks (~Voldemort~) from past shaving mistakes. Also, once my skin got used to it I decided it wasn't making it red. Just clear and matte.

on 4/30/2015 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

@nobodys_angel.. very nice review there. But this cream Is WITHOUT sandalwood oil. The original version is with sandalwood oil

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Just for the record, i use the version with sandalwood oil which i think is a perfect combination with turmeric. And i have oily skin!
Being of indian descent, i heard about this cream, watched my grandmother swear by this and watched all the ads growing up but i never thought to try it as it always seemed far-fetched that a cream so cheap could have such profound effect on the skin. But now, all i can say is "do not despise the small, humble things that seem insignificant"
To give you a quick background, i have oily skin that tends to be dull, have the occasional zit and dark marks from old pimples. I picked the version with sandalwood on a recent vacation to India as it just felt nostalgic. I used it for the whole time i was there which was about 3 weeks and have continued to use it after leaving. So now after 1.5 months of consistent use i can finally give a fair, unbiased review! yay!
This stuff works! I noticed very quickly that my skin felt soft and had a glow upon immediate use. However, as time went on, i noticed my dark marks fading off, my skin got more even, the one painful pimple i had shrunk and disappeared without a trace in a week. Now, with continued use, my skin is glowing and i look fresh and radiant without the need for much makeup.
I must say though, it can be a little drying. I use a few drops of hyaluronic acid lotion before applying this and it balances my skin out perfectly. The version with sandalwood oil feels alot more nourishing and works better in my opinion.
You just have to use it consistently and continuously to see the effects.
Ok now to get to the biggest complaint...the smell. Its not my fave but after a while you kind of get used to it and it doesn't really bother you. It fades off after a while anyway. Even if you hate it, mask it with some nice smelling lotion or something because it will be worth it!!
I'm so so glad i acted on a whim and bought this. Will def keep on using it. No more chemically loaded creams for me!

I use this as a facial moisturizer and it helps with both acne and redness. People with severe cystic acne may want to avoid this or consider only using it as spot treatment as it tends to have a "drawing" effect, meaning it brings the pimple to a head. The smell is also wonderful! Sandalwood and turmeric have long been known to be helpful for troublesome skin!

on 12/27/2014 7:47:00 PM

You can buy tumeric skin cream online at the Vietnamese store .com for $2.00 .
At this price well worth trying for yourself ..
I myself have only just started using it & would advise just using it of a night because of yellowing associated with tumeric but at this stage can say extremely happy with it .

on 12/11/2014 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This has reduced the size of the few spots on my cheek, so I have high hopes for it. I also use a turmeric and milk mask once a week, so I'm hoping I'll see results soon. I LOVE the matte finish, it's great as my skin is combination.

I also have a lot of spot scarring, which hasn't been able to be removed with lemon and the garnier dark spot corrector so I hope that decreases with time but I'll update in due course.

UPDATE (15./12/14): I've been using this for five days and I've been able to see a difference. The spots have greatly reduced in size and redness. However, I've been extremely pleased with the effect on the other side of my face (cheeks) which had spot scarring and didn't seem to suffer from spots quite as much. The scars are fading, which is amazing because literally nothing worked on them.This cream is so convenient it's amazing and I've really come to like the smell. The only thing that's irritating, although not that much, is that I can't find this in any of my local Indian grocery stores so I've ordered online from Amazon for £7.99. This cream is really worth it and the results I've seen have convinced me to stick with it. Will update once more when I've seen a lot less scarring.

on 10/11/2014 10:48:00 PM

I first used this product as a teenager and it broke me out so I stopped. Now I am in my 30's and I have tried so hard to get a mattyfying cream but couldn't since I have oily; acne prone, sensitive and rosacea skin type.

My skin now is so calm with this product & I am soo happy...It cleared up my skin, works well under my makeup, and it helps with my hyperpigmentation.

I personally love the smell, and finds it very calming. Would definitely recommend it based on my experience.

on 5/8/2014 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been suffering from acne from last 3 years and they are cyctic in nature. I have tried the most expensice treatments including visits to Dermatologist. After reading the reviews on MuA I skeptically tried this cream. Its exactly two weeks and I cant believe the miracle I am witnessing. I use it as spot treatment -morni g and night. In the night I combine this cream with Avene Triacneal. Just dab it as soon as you notice a breakout..and witness the change.I highly recommend this cream. What has also helped me is Homeopathy. Overall along with my Homepathy is this.

on 3/19/2014 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

PURPOSE FOR USE: Evening skin tone and diminishing some small acne spots on cheeks.

I've just started using this and I'm very impressed so far. It doesn't irritate my sensitive/highly reactive skin at all, in fact, my skin appears calmer and my concealer that I wear all over my face looks much nicer over this.

The scent is a strong floral fragrance that I initially made me apprehensive because my face doesn't like fragrance, but this hasn't caused any problems, which is great!

I purchased mine from eBay.

I will update soon, but so far, so good!

***************************17TH APRIL 2014**************************
I don't use this, it did absolutely nothing for me. It just made my face dry and tight. Might be better if you have oily skin and want a good matte cream for under your make-up.

Popular Treatments (Face)